PDA

View Full Version : Laredo is out, Rodriguez is in

Calzone Lord
01-23-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't know if she can ride, and she's only 1-for-44 in her young career as a jockey and she lost the whip in that lone victory on an 8/1 shot at Laurel so she probably can't... but I'm a fan of bug rider Christina Rodriguez.

Someone brought up the tired old Rachel Alexandra VS Zenyatta debate on facebook last night and she quite eloquently took RA's side.

I clicked her profile, and to my disappointment found out that she is a jockey.

However, she quickly redeemed herself.

* Like me, she has a Dalmatian...(mine is half pitbull -- only dog at the Humane Society who didn't growl at me when I walked past it)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/389970_3801215874231_1367273367_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/320630_297073816972577_1584539682_n.jpg

I went to read all of her posts ... but, there is only one that is public:

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/maroney-not/mckayla-maroney-is-not-impressed-01.jpg

To those that don't get it, heres what happened: Mckayla Maroney is the best vaulter in the world and was a virtual shoe in to win the gold medal on individual vault. But she fell and ended up with the silver...and rather than being appreciative, she acted ilke a spoiled brat and made faces and refused hugs. On the medal stand, she made a nasty face that was photographed and posted all over the internet. In this picture, she's making light of that by posing with her teammates with the same nasty face.

I found that post to be informative ... however, the "not impressed face" was actually invented by Randy Moss after the Patriots blew a perfect season in the Super Bowl to finish 18-1 after a fluky final series that included Eli Manning lobbing a duck across his body (no-no #1) and over the middle of the field (no-no #'2) only to have David Tyree make an impossible catch off of his helmet.

This was Moss at the post-Super Bowl press conference:

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/118/0ad655d7b5954f768e49d533d53ad007/l.png

In other words, Mckayla's 'not impressed' face was merely a tribute to Randy Moss and the 18-1 Patriots of 2007.

Anyway ... this is my passionate argument for the return of the DRF Archives.

Without the DRF Archives...horse racing fans, in there free time, must resort to creeping the facebook page of 19-year-old jockeys with refreshingly good opinions and a similar pet.

GenuineRisk
01-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Without the DRF Archives...horse racing fans, in there free time, must resort to creeping the facebook page of 19-year-old jockeys with refreshingly good opinions and a similar pet.

Now you know how those of us deprived of our Political Forum feel. Minus the stalking 19 year olds part.

Here in Harlem the two most popular breeds are pit bulls and chihuahuas. Of the two, I'm much more comfortable around the pit bulls. Less likely to bite. Chihuahuas are mean m*th*rf*ck*rs.

Calzone Lord
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Now you know how those of us deprived of our Political Forum feel.

Yeah, Nicole...you are now like a mermaid with no sewer to swim in.

I am now like a Criminal Minds episode waiting to happen...the loss of the DRF Archives isn't truly felt until the city of Erie has a monumental blizzard and is being shown on the Weather Channel and Good Morning America. And that has happened over the last two days.

That, I believe, is what Dr. Spencer Reid would call "a double stresser" ...

GenuineRisk
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM

I am now like a Criminal Minds episode waiting to happen...the loss of the DRF Archives isn't truly felt until the city of Erie has a monumental blizzard and is being shown on the Weather Channel and Good Morning America. And that has happened over the last two days.

All I know is this mermaid works nights from home (oh, shut up y'all; I do freelance narration) and I depended, depended, I tell ya, on those late night/early morning visits to the Political Forum where I, bleary-eyed, falling asleep in my chair, and afraid I was too exhausted to continue the work that feeds my child, would read some post by, oh it varied, but let's say, by Dell. My tired eyes would go from being red to seeing red, and I would angrily throw down some carefully and generously worded response, replete with links. Invigorated with rage, I would hit "submit reply" and return to my work, my voice crackling with self-righteousness and vibrating with feeling. Because damn it, someone was wrong on the internet. (Plus, I've met Dell and I like him which is why I read his posts. I am liberal in very many things, including my use of the "ignore" option.)

Don't you understand? The loss of the Political Forum is HURTING MY ABILITY TO WORK. My next contract starts soon and spending my break time looking for obscure Herman's Hermits videos on youtube is NOT GOING TO KEEP ME AWAKE. I NEED INDIGNATION. I NEEEEEEED IT.

And I'm sorry you don't have the DRF Archives to entertain you in the midst of a snowstorm. I've never seen Criminal Minds, though a friend of mine just shot a small part on it, so I guess I'll be seeing at least one episode.

Sightseek
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM

:tro: Spenc is the best!

brianwspencer
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
All I know is this mermaid works nights from home (oh, shut up y'all; I do freelance narration) and I depended, depended, I tell ya, on those late night/early morning visits to the Political Forum where I, bleary-eyed, falling asleep in my chair, and afraid I was too exhausted to continue the work that feeds my child, would read some post by, oh it varied, but let's say, by Dell. My tired eyes would go from being red to seeing red, and I would angrily throw down some carefully and generously worded response, replete with links. Invigorated with rage, I would hit "submit reply" and return to my work, my voice crackling with self-righteousness and vibrating with feeling. Because damn it, someone was wrong on the internet. (Plus, I've met Dell and I like him which is why I read his posts. I am liberal in very many things, including my use of the "ignore" option.)

Don't you understand? The loss of the Political Forum is HURTING MY ABILITY TO WORK. My next contract starts soon and spending my break time looking for obscure Herman's Hermits videos on youtube is NOT GOING TO KEEP ME AWAKE. I NEED INDIGNATION. I NEEEEEEED IT.

:tro::tro::tro:

cmorioles
01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I found that post to be informative ... however, the "not impressed face" was actually invented by Randy Moss after the Patriots blew a perfect season in the Super Bowl to finish 18-1 after a fluky final series that included Eli Manning lobbing a duck across his body (no-no #1) and over the middle of the field (no-no #'2) only to have David Tyree make an impossible catch off of his helmet.

I have it on good authority that the play was drawn up exactly as it played out.