PDA

View Full Version : The Yaqthan/Kentucky Downs

GPK
09-26-2006, 10:17 AM
The first stakes race on the card today...12:00 noon EST post

Going 1 mile on the weeds...looks to have some speed lined up in here. I like Orlando Mojica to bring RAEDONALD from just off the pace with a ground saving trip from the rail

15-1 ML

GPK
09-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I like to see GRETCHEN'S STAR in here too. Game old fella still racing at age 11...and he is not without a chance today either. Dana Whitney comes from Mountaineer for the mount.

GPK
09-26-2006, 11:10 AM
If EXTORTION stays around 6-1...he is worth a play.

GPK
09-26-2006, 11:31 AM
well sh*t...FLORIDA JACKPOT and FLIRT WITH FORTUNE are late scratches. FJ was the main speed in the race and now this throws everything out of whack. Back to the drawing board.

GPK
09-26-2006, 12:00 PM
price went a little lower than I wanted on Extortion....so I am sticking with my original plan and playing Raedonald at 10-1....2mtp

GPK
09-26-2006, 12:06 PM
not a chance in the world after being knocked around by Chief Export.

Gander
09-26-2006, 12:26 PM
You think Fairplex is bad? That place is a complete joke.

GPK
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
You think Fairplex is bad? That place is a complete joke.

no way....it's turf racing.:D

bellsbendboy
09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
10) Barnard Man is pure race horse, Castanon back up for Flint and nothing to beat but the bias and it is severe today so adding Nestles Quick who was caught on lead while stretching three weeks ago but may get a good seat and can out game the rail horse. Two deep.

11) Homebred Coesse Chief has these over a barrel for top trainer Penrod. By Swain out of good racemare Wini Jones 3yo gave us a big thrill at 60-1 first try on turf. Melancon up, nice blowout and looks the days best, but adding Calvin on Mr. Coach. Homebred has done nothing wrong as he stretches to a mile for Dunn.

12) Gerifino was caught wide in latest with a bad configuration yet was beat less than two lengths. Prior to that heat Geri gelding ran four big ones in a row, bleeding when overmatched in stake, then five eighths, then Lasix. Haley homey gets weight here and need only be in shouting distance when the test comes. Mattsutterrun also is on the ticket because of well hidden form and in the exacta half the time on turf.

13) CONFLICTOFINTEREST is a half to Navesink and a couple of other ruinners for trainer whose picture all over the track. 4yo Mt Livermore should collect these late. Adding Gold Power whose dam earned $400K and may wake up here for Sheppard, call it 5,9 / 3,7 / 3,5 / 1,4 Good cappin. BBB