PDA

View Full Version : lord of the game joins barbaro

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
at new bolton this week. most should remember LOTG as the very profitable claim that was made for 10k in chicago outta his maiden race. his win@prarie meadows last year was amazing, im still astonished at how he managed to hit the wire first in that race, midway through the stretch it looked like he was ready to pack his bags and call it a day. they overraced him last year in my opinion especially for a horse running with a bow but nice 2 see theyve finally stopped on him. one thing i love about this horse is his confidence. if you get to see him in the paddock in person he acts like nothing in the world can phase him

Secretariat
06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
your right they did over race him,
just like lawyer ron this year.
he was an exceptional animal,
ran at AP as i recall down to the wire with that other one that kept trading wins with, forgot his name ??

oracle80
06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
your right they did over race him,
just like lawyer ron this year.
he was an exceptional animal,
ran at AP as i recall down to the wire with that other one that kept trading wins with, forgot his name ??

Thats what you do with geldings, you race em hard and often. They recover quicker than horses do. And there is no future in the shed. As far as Lr goes, they got their 6 million, I don't think they regret a thing, I know I sure wouldnt!!!!!!

Exceller
06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Thats what you do with geldings, you race em hard and often. They recover quicker than horses do. And there is no future in the shed. As far as Lr goes, they got their 6 million, I don't think they regret a thing, I know I sure wouldnt!!!!!!

Geldings don't recover quicker. That is a myth. Smart owners don't run them into the ground they keep them healthy for a nice career. Anyone in the business knows where most wind up. Very sad.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:08 PM
i agree to a extent oracle but overracing LOTG is what cost them the claiming crown last year up in minnesota. that was a very nice horse he lost to up there from northern cali but you could just see at the top of the lane when lord was looming he was exhausted and just couldnt finish the job like he normally did. whata great story tho since it was that guys first horse and he made all that money with him. hes pretty much spent it all tho now as he has to have atleast 30 in training. the ownership says 2 blondes inc but its one guy who named it after his wife and daughter. the silks are pretty cool too, shocking pink with 2 blonde silhouettes on the back

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM

I hope you're kidding about geldings recovering faster than intact horses... that's a myth.

Scav
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
at new bolton this week. most should remember LOTG as the very profitable claim that was made for 10k in chicago outta his maiden race. his win@prarie meadows last year was amazing, im still astonished at how he managed to hit the wire first in that race, midway through the stretch it looked like he was ready to pack his bags and call it a day. they overraced him last year in my opinion especially for a horse running with a bow but nice 2 see theyve finally stopped on him. one thing i love about this horse is his confidence. if you get to see him in the paddock in person he acts like nothing in the world can phase him

I don't like making fun of the disabled, especially one with diabetes, but that fat f8ck Tomillo ruined this horse with BS optional claiming races. ABSOLUTELY ruined him with all those races...Where did you read he went to New Bolton Playa?

oracle80
06-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I hope you're kidding about geldings recovering faster than intact horses... that's a myth.
From strenuous efforts. Its a widely held belief. Trombetta who trains SNS was just saying the same thing a few weeks ago on Steves radio show. Opinions vary, but I've been told this by a few folks I respect.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:18 PM
i read it on drf scav. all the times ive talked to tommy hes always been very nice to me but god i wish i woulda gotten talknow insteada him and his son several years back at arlington for 5k off of hollendorfer, we all know how much that horse went on to make. i actually did have a claim slip dropped that day, the problem was there was 34 others in there with tomillo and me LOL, plus tommy probaly dropped all his owners names to give him more chances in the shake. i think they ran the poor thing into the ground, he broke down on the track if im correct after making well over 6 figs for them off that cheap claim

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:22 PM

cajun i dont know how much you know about horse health but if you lived here in chicago and were at the track you would be angered about how many horses they send out here in bad shape. my horse is a gelding and is a lower claimer but i had no problem giving him from august through the rest of the year off on the farm last year when he came up sore. yes it is a business and business decisions must be made but money blinds some into literally running a horse into the ground

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
cajun i dont know how much you know about horse health but if you lived here in chicago and were at the track you would be angered about how many horses they send out here in bad shape. my horse is a gelding and is a lower claimer but i had no problem giving him from august through the rest of the year off on the farm last year when he came up sore. yes it is a business and business decisions must be made but money blinds some into literally running a horse into the ground

It's a sad thing, indeed. All they see is $$. :(

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:31 PM
It's a sad thing, indeed. All they see is $$. :(

yeah, well when all they see is money in my opinion more often than not that hurts their chances of actually making some

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 03:33 PM
yeah, well when all they see is money in my opinion more often than not that hurts their chances of actually making some

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, the majority of people don't have the patience that it takes to run a sound horse. The bottom line is all they see, but to me, it would make more sense to be patient with a horse so that he could run sound and actually get more winnings.

Scav
06-08-2006, 03:36 PM
i read it on drf scav. all the times ive talked to tommy hes always been very nice to me but god i wish i woulda gotten talknow insteada him and his son several years back at arlington for 5k off of hollendorfer, we all know how much that horse went on to make. i actually did have a claim slip dropped that day, the problem was there was 34 others in there with tomillo and me LOL, plus tommy probaly dropped all his owners names to give him more chances in the shake. i think they ran the poor thing into the ground, he broke down on the track if im correct after making well over 6 figs for them off that cheap claim

Yep, snapped a front leg in a race at Arlington. i was there when it happened

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
I agree 100%. Unfortunately, the majority of people don't have the patience that it takes to run a sound horse. The bottom line is all they see, but to me, it would make more sense to be patient with a horse so that he could run sound and actually get more winnings.

well the saying is atleast what ive heard alot is that if your horse doesnt have some little issue atleast than him or her isnt running hard, but the shape some of these horses go out there to race in is absolutely ridiculous! a perfectly sound horse can go down at any time, all it takes is 1 bad step as well know but some of these connections really increase the chances of that happening

Scurlogue Champ
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Would you link the story that you read the info about LOTG?

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Would you link the story that you read the info about LOTG?

http://drf.com/news/article/75281.html

Scurlogue Champ
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks buddy,

I'm glad to know that he is getting a little R&R