PDA

View Full Version : 8th Monmouth

Rupert Pupkin
09-23-2006, 02:52 PM
There is a longshot that I like in the 8th race at Monmouth. It's a good race. It's a $200,000 stakes race for 2 year old fillies. The filly I think has a good chance at a big price is Dinner Break. I liked this filly quite a bit at the Ocala Feb 2 year old sale. I liked the way she worked. I bet her first-time out at Saratoga and she won at 10-1. She had a ton of trouble that day too. She probably had about 4-5 lengths of trouble and still won the race. The main reason she is 12-1 right now is because her debut was on the grass. I guess people don't think she will run well on the dirt. She is by Tale of the Cat out of a Gato Del Sol mare. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't like the dirt. She worked very well on the dirt at the 2 year old sale.

Rupert Pupkin
09-23-2006, 03:04 PM
She ran alright. She ran 3rd at 10-1. I wish she would have gotten up for 2nd. I bet her to win and place. She got beat for 2nd by about 3/4 of a length but she went about five or six-wide. She could have definitely gotten 2nd if she didn't lose so much ground.

Gander
09-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Nice try, maybe next time champ.