PDA

View Full Version : SAT Plays - BEL PK4 & KY Turf Cup

Bogey
09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Belmont - Race 7 - Noble Damsel BC Handicap - G3

#1 Mauralakana (Fr) - Biancone wins at a 33% clip with horses making their 1st U. S. start. She won a Group 3 as a two year old versus the boys. Biancone rarely sends them out with Lasix, so expect a big effort under Gomez.

#4 Pommes Frites - (French Fries in French) - Has had a very nice year for Mott. If Santos is able to keep it reasonable up front, she could take them all the way around.

#6 Karen's Caper - Frankel's runner might want a bit more distance.

#5 Bright Abundance - A bit of seconditis lately for last year's winner. Clement knows that she loves the Belmont lawn.

#2 Safari Queen (Arg) - She's very consistent and is the type that can use this as stepping stone at a decent price for Pletcher.

Race 8 - Matron G1

#2 Cash's Girl - I watched her debut and Stewart spent more time looking back to see where the competition was than actually paying attention where the wire was. She's a 3/4 sister to Afleet Alex and according to Tim Richey on ATRAB Friday night, she's done everything right and has the smarts like her older brother. She might get the same kind of track condition that she got in her debut.

#6 Magical Ride - Regally bred is an understatement. Prado hops aboard and should help her settle a bit in the early going.

#3 Octave - Unbridled Song's daughter will only get better as the distances increase.

#1 Featherbed - Johnny V chooses the red daughter of Smart Strike for Pletcher.

Race 9 - Futurity G1

#5 Incriminate - Ultra impressive in his debut when he contested a hot pace and was very game down the stretch.

#7 King of the Roxy - Ohio bred was more than respectable in the Saratoga Special for Pletcher.

Race 10

#5 Devil's Preacher - Talented colt just missed by a neck in the G3 Saranac even though he was coming off almost a five month layoff and was wide on both turns.

#8 Above Spirit - The stretchout should help the son of Awesome Again and Desormeaux takes the call.

#11 Kid Carousel - Is capable of better efforts than he showed at the Spa for Mott.

MTO - #12 Mr. Hamlen - Should be the best if the race is taken off the turf.

The Play - 1 unit Late Pick 4 - 1 2 4 5 6 with 1 2 3 6 with 5 7 with 5 = 40 units
The Play - 1 unit Late Pick 4 - 1 2 4 5 6 with 2 with 5 7 with 5 8 11 = 30 units

Kentucky Downs - Race 11 Ky Ladies Turf Cup

#2 Dynamist - Nicks wheels her back off last week's win in the Pleasant Temper at the same track and distance.

#4 Almost Innocent (Ire) - Mott runner should be forwardly placed.

#5 Thetactics OfDance - Back to back nice effort and should sit off the pace for Melancon.

The Play - 10 units Exacta Box 2 4 5 = 60 units

Race 14 - Kentucky Turf Cup G3

#3 Embossed (Ire) - Draw a line through his Arlington Hanicap performance because of the soft going and wide trip. Two races back, he was trapped throughout and finally found a hole to dart his way through. He's a bit of a tricky read, but I expect a real nice effort from the Irish bred.

#5 Silverfoot - Last year's winner clearly enjoys G3 company rather than G1 company. He's definitely the easiest horse to spot in the race, just look at the almost white coat.

#8 Rock Lobster - The mad scientist sends out the wacky 3yr old versus elders for the 1st time. It seems like he only finds trouble, but has improved with every start this year.

#7 Major Rhythm - Longshot winner of the Stars and Stripes at AP should make his late run.

#1 Rochester - Old man is one of the sport's under appreciated superstars. He won this race in '02 & '03 and finished 2nd the last two years. He makes his 50th start and 22nd going the marathon distance.

The Play - 20 units Win & Place on #3 Embossed
The Play - 5 units Exacta Box - 3 with 1 5 7 8 = 40 units

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
09-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow, I hope a few out there read this post. Embossed with the boss today, what a gutsy victory. Bombs away.

Miller
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Bogey,

Knew you were due. Great play and tell me you changed your mind and hit the all button underneath!!!

Miller

Bogey
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Miller, Nope I actually played what I posted, but I'm not complaining. Thanks

ateamstupid
09-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Wow.. 34-1 winner. Good call!

GPK
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Well done Gus....great call.

Bogey
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks Ateam and GPK, it was definitely worth the wait.

Gander
09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Way to go Bogey. Glad I didnt know Summer Gerbil was in the 2nd there and Rat Lobster was in the race where you cashed in. I saved money today.

timmgirvan
09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Great Hit,Bogey! I took a bath on Saurdays races, so I'm layin low til the BC

Bogey
09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Gander, Thanks, I should've down graded Rock Lobster's chances when Devil's Preacher (who ran 2nd to him in the Saranac by a neck after almost a 5 month layoff) ran poorly in SAT's nightcap at Belmont as the odds on fav.

Tim, Thanks, I know what you mean, but man it's going to be tough to stay away on Oct 7th.

hockey2315
09-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Great play! I had Embossed on my watch list but wasn't able to play him. . .