PDA

View Full Version : Met Mile selections

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-29-2006, 08:24 AM
SUN KING - finally spotted right and woke up sprinting seven panels at Keeneland, Been working at the Okla. track in Saratoga and it seems that Zito's runners are coming around, this mile is right up his alley and the price should me there, Nick should point this one to the B.C. sprint.

SIR GREELEY - razor sharp form and draws well on the outside, 4 for 5 at the distance and exits Westchester prep for this race, the one to beat.

BANDINI - son of AP Indy has return running at Gulfstream in last two coming off long layoff, returns to N.Y. and will contest the pace, think he'll be the slight favorite, but meets tougher today.

SILVER TRAIN - back to his favorite track; Belmont and will vie for favortism
with third pick, didn't like GP and I didn't like his last at Aqueduct, gonna try to keep him out of the number in this spot, if he beats me; it will be at a short price.

WILKO - has been a "one hit wonder" since his B.C. Juvie race two years ago, maybe he'll like Belmont's wide sweeping turns, who knows? should be a big price today off his recent efforts.

MASS MEDIA - came out of retirement last out and failed as lukewarm favorite, runner up in the Cigar Mile going this distance at Aqueduct, only other good recent effort was the upset in the Forego sprinting last summer,
tough spot here.

NEW YORK HERO - thought he had a "big shot" last time out first time Dutrow and I was right, don't like him today versus these.

oracle80
05-29-2006, 08:27 AM
SUN KING - finally spotted right and woke up sprinting seven panels at Keeneland, Been working at the Okla. track in Saratoga and it seems that Zito's runners are coming around, this mile is right up his alley and the price should me there, Nick should point this one to the B.C. sprint.

SIR GREELEY - razor sharp form and draws well on the outside, 4 for 5 at the distance and exits Westchester prep for this race, the one to beat.

BANDINI - son of AP Indy has return running at Gulfstream in last two coming off long layoff, returns to N.Y. and will contest the pace, think he'll be the slight favorite, but meets tougher today.

SILVER TRAIN - back to his favorite track; Belmont and will vie for favortism
with third pick, didn't like GP and I didn't like his last at Aqueduct, gonna try to keep him out of the number in this spot, if he beats me; it will be at a short price.

WILKO - has been a "one hit wonder" since his B.C. Juvie race two years ago, maybe he'll like Belmont's wide sweeping turns, who knows? should be a big price today off his recent efforts.

MASS MEDIA - came out of retirement last out and failed as lukewarm favorite, runner up in the Cigar Mile going this distance at Aqueduct, only other good recent effort was the upset in the Forego sprinting last summer,
tough spot here.

NEW YORK HERO - thought he had a "big shot" last time out first time Dutrow and I was right, don't like him today versus these.

Silver Train has had some work done for this race. Kind of like a tuneup on the engine. Watch out, hes not gonna be the horse who ran that dreadful allowance race last time.

Hoisttheflag
05-29-2006, 12:11 PM
I like Sun King here.

zippyneedsawin
05-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I think the Silver Wagon-Sir Greeley Exacta straight.

Key Silver Wagon over Sir Greeley, Bandini, Sun King and New York hero in the Tri..

Good Luck!

Kasept
05-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Hearing from NY that Sun King is primed for this.. I didn't include him, but he's the one to fear.

Pointg5
05-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Hearing from NY that Sun King is primed for this.. I didn't include him, but he's the one to fear.

I played:
Tri Box:
Sun King, Silver Train, Sir Greeley

Tri P/W:
Silver Train
Sun King, Sir Greeley
Sun King, Sir Greeley, Mass Media

Tri P/W:
Sun King, Sir Greeley
Silver Train
Mass Media

Mwindu1

Scav
05-29-2006, 03:35 PM

He's hotter then a firecracker on the board right now, def a good sign. Would be nice to be alive to the $147.75 with him, overlay with info like that

oracle80
05-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Silver Train has had some work done for this race. Kind of like a tuneup on the engine. Watch out, hes not gonna be the horse who ran that dreadful allowance race last time.

Hickory,
You will soon learn that although I can be viewed as caustic at times, that I am dialed in, plugged in, and honed in to the best info that you ever gonna find. Since you are my homie(anyone from the "valley" is ok in my book, the only place on Earth where people can drink a case of beer and then go out to party, as well as the greatest folks on earth) you should take what i say at face value. Horse has some problems, and as I told you, he had been taken care of by the greatest vet who ever worked on a horse, Dr Steve Allday.

Pointg5
05-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I played:
Tri Box:
Sun King, Silver Train, Sir Greeley

Tri P/W:
Silver Train
Sun King, Sir Greeley
Sun King, Sir Greeley, Mass Media

Tri P/W:
Sun King, Sir Greeley
Silver Train
Mass Media

Mwindu1

I'll take it, for $12 worth of bets, that's not a bad return on a Trifecta. I just read the section of Steve Crists book today, where he describes how to structure tri's. I realized how much I was wasting spreading and covering, I decided to play $12 and I structured my bets accordingly. It's not a great hit or even a good hit, but very satisfying, because I structured it correctly.

Hoisttheflag
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
I like Sun King here.

$48 exacta. It doesn't get easier than that. It was a two horse race on paper and they ran exactly like they should. Too bad Sun King didn't get up, bigger exacta, but still $48 is unbelievable.

stevepopyak
05-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Oracle and kasept .... thanks for the Silver Train play .... very appreciative of both of your work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oracle80
05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Oracle and kasept .... thanks for the Silver Train play .... very appreciative of both of your work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to keep bringing you more!!!!!

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes, you were right. It would have been much sweeter if SUN KING got there.
It's my opinion that he (Sun King) will be the better horse later on in the year, my opinion only.
Hot day in the valley today...

oracle80
05-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes, you were right. It would have been much sweeter if SUN KING got there.
It's my opinion that he (Sun King) will be the better horse later on in the year, my opinion only.
Hot day in the valley today...

Wish i were in the valley now. Got hung up here today and its the first Mem day in a long time that Im not in Little Falls drinking enough to kill a cow. Ah well, its every painful but watch out on 4th of July!!!! Silver Train is a horse with issues and will be getting a break now. Sun King is gonna have a huge year!!!! You have no idea what its like rooting down the stretch when the guy who is your mentor is battling with another friend who is your main client. Either would have made me happy!!!

oracle80
05-29-2006, 05:30 PM
By the way Hickory, although Im not at my home with the family in the falls, I payed tribute by watching the Yankees win and thanking all those hwo died so that we could do this today. I'm also on beer number 13 and still not slurring any words or mistyping anything. Thats the mark of a true Valley GUY!!!!

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, the "High Life's" (Miller - the beer of the valley) were going down good today, but one question - Why did Torre take out Johnson when he's got a one hitter and the bullpen has been used so much. With "classic" Unit on the mound today, it would have been much better if he stuck with him for the complete game.

oracle80
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes, the "High Life's" (Miller - the beer of the valley) were going down good today, but one question - Why did Torre take out Johnson when he's got a one hitter and the bullpen has been used so much. With "classic" Unit on the mound today, it would have been much better if he stuck with him for the complete game.
Cause hes still chasingthe Sox, thats why!!!! I agreed with it!!!