PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Porter: A Racing Icon

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Do you realize who posts on here? We have owners, bloodstock agents, trainers and most important to the thoroughbred game, rider critics. No one ive read can compare in terms of stature and knowledge to my boss, Dixie.

Are any of you aware of what an amazing life this man has led?

Let me give you a brief synopsis of the life and times of the legendary horseman known in these parts simply as "dixie":

Dixie was spawned in the mean streets of New York City. Somehow, by the grace of God, he ended up hotwalking horses for B.A Jones and by the tender age of 8 was on the back of notable horses such as Citation. This is where he began to amass his incredible knowledge of the equine.

A top class athlete, Dixie went on to the university of Vermont where he lettered for 3 years as the starting QB of the football team. But his heart was still with the horses.

Dixie took out his trainers license and begin to train in NY. Always shy of the spotlight, he preferred to make his mark behind the scenes and letting the other trainers take the credit for his work. In the late 60's he found the protege of his dreams- a young Bobby Frankel.

"the boy wonder" as dixie proudly refers to his most successful student owes his entire success to dixie. It was Dixie that convinced him to go out west and conquer the So Cal claiming world. It was Dixie that introduced him to all of the owners out west as these were guys Dixie had taken to the cleaners night after night in high stakes poker games. It was Dixie that eventually connected Frankel with the Prince from Juddmonte and the rest is history.

"Dixie is my secret weapon," Frankel claims. "any decisions i make, the good ones anyway, are all dixie's."

Gracefully entering his silver age, Dixie is still a 5' 10" 170lb dynamo that doesnt look a day over 40. His day begins at 5 a.m. at the Frankel barn at hollywood park or belmont depending on which side of the country he is on. After strategizing with the racing manager and Frankel, Dixie is off to his "real job" as a world class gambler. Dixie is rated the greatest gambling mind in the west and his picks can change a seven point underdog into a favorite. He is also an accomplished gambler that has mentored such luminaries as Phil Helmuth and Ted Forrest.

A certified cocksman, Dixie has romanced ladies such as Blue eyes, Muffy and kitty dukakis.

So there you have it. World class gambler, legendary horseman and romancer of the ladies.

Dixie knows all...and soon you will as well. Read his stuff- and live by his word.

2Hot4TV
06-08-2006, 09:20 AM
OK Who's Dixie like in the 5th at Hollywood today? Remember it's what have you done for us lately?:cool:

ezrabrooks
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Do you realize who posts on here? We have owners, bloodstock agents, trainers and most important to the thoroughbred game, rider critics. No one ive read can compare in terms of stature and knowledge to my boss, Dixie.

Are any of you aware of what an amazing life this man has led?

Let me give you a brief synopsis of the life and times of the legendary horseman known in these parts simply as "dixie":

Dixie was spawned in the mean streets of New York City. Somehow, by the grace of God, he ended up hotwalking horses for B.A Jones and by the tender age of 8 was on the back of notable horses such as Citation. This is where he began to amass his incredible knowledge of the equine.

A top class athlete, Dixie went on to the university of Vermont where he lettered for 3 years as the starting QB of the football team. But his heart was still with the horses.

Dixie took out his trainers license and begin to train in NY. Always shy of the spotlight, he preferred to make his mark behind the scenes and letting the other trainers take the credit for his work. In the late 60's he found the protege of his dreams- a young Bobby Frankel.

"the boy wonder" as dixie proudly refers to his most successful student owes his entire success to dixie. It was Dixie that convinced him to go out west and conquer the So Cal claiming world. It was Dixie that introduced him to all of the owners out west as these were guys Dixie had taken to the cleaners night after night in high stakes poker games. It was Dixie that eventually connected Frankel with the Prince from Juddmonte and the rest is history.

"Dixie is my secret weapon," Frankel claims. "any decisions i make, the good ones anyway, are all dixie's."

Gracefully entering his silver age, Dixie is still a 5' 10" 170lb dynamo that doesnt look a day over 40. His day begins at 5 a.m. at the Frankel barn at hollywood park or belmont depending on which side of the country he is on. After strategizing with the racing manager and Frankel, Dixie is off to his "real job" as a world class gambler. Dixie is rated the greatest gambling mind in the west and his picks can change a seven point underdog into a favorite. He is also an accomplished gambler that has mentored such luminaries as Phil Helmuth and Ted Forrest.

A certified cocksman, Dixie has romanced ladies such as Blue eyes, Muffy and kitty dukakis.

So there you have it. World class gambler, legendary horseman and romancer of the ladies.

Dixie knows all...and soon you will as well. Read his stuff- and live by his word.

All of that sounds pretty close. Sounds like one of the disgruntled idiots from the forum of whiners and pretty horses, known as horseracingtalk. They will pasting this post on that forum, which will be followed by 50 moronic replies.

Ez

2Hot4TV
06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I started with BA and Jim @ the age of 10 (1948).

I only played QB @ UVM for one season. Transferred to NYU the next year.

The rest of Tiz's (Wisecracker) post is pretty accurate. I DO NOT know or talk to any Sheiks.

It won't be long before the trolls start showing up and ruining the best racing fourm in cyberspace.

Steve, if it's gonna be a problem I'll split.
I will be the first to say that everybody stays . Hey let me buy you another drink and really WHO DO you like in the 5th @ Hollywood today.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I started with BA and Jim @ the age of 10 (1948).

I only played QB @ UVM for one season. Transferred to NYU the next year.

The rest of Tiz's (Wisecracker) post is pretty accurate. I DO NOT know or talk to any Sheiks.

It won't be long before the trolls start showing up and ruining the best racing fourm in cyberspace.

Steve, if it's gonna be a problem I'll split.

Fortunately, only this board I'm sure Steve (kasept) will ban the trolls as soon as they show up.

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Fortunately, only this board I'm sure Steve (kasept) will ban the trolls as soon as they show up.

Why is this considered "trolling"? I merely posted accurate information pertaining to my boss dixie. Dixie verified that all that i have said here is true. Is there anything libelous?

Cripes.

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I am 6' 0", 182 lbs.

Deep blue piercing eyes, chisled features and catlike movements.;)

I do not know Helmuth or the other guy and I have never layed a glove on Kitty Dukakis (hopeless drunk).

Ya know Tiz (Wisecracker), you used to be funny. Now you're just another wannabee CREEP.

Dear Boss-

I know that they list you as 6 feet on the program, but we all know that was just to enhance your status for the NFL. The weight i didnt know about.

Boss, this isnt Tiz or wisecracker. Its me, your faithful assistant. Why are you getting so angry with me?

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I will be the first to say that everybody stays . Hey let me buy you another drink and really WHO DO you like in the 5th @ Hollywood today.

Boss, this seems like a really nice chap. Can we let him in on the SECRET?

2Hot4TV
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Boss, this seems like a really nice chap. Can we let him in on the SECRET?
It's "Secret":rolleyes: in the 5th???????? I don't see that horse in the race!! That's the last drink I offer you. I hate it when they string me along.

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
It's "Secret":rolleyes: in the 5th???????? I don't see that horse in the race!! That's the last drink I offer you. I hate it when they string me along.

That was pretty good. See that Boss, he zapped me.

Oh, oh

FlaFemFatale
06-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I am 6' 0", 182 lbs.

I do not know Helmuth or the other guy and I have never layed a glove on Kitty Dukakis (hopeless drunk).

Ya know Tiz (Wisecracker), you used to be funny. Now you're just another wannabee CREEP.

You sound like a "hunk".

pgardn
06-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I am 6' 0", 182 lbs.

Cool. I have also heard when Dixie Porter urinates he is easily capable of welding titanium. Just like Chuck Norris. A pleasure to have a distinguished member aboard.

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
You sound like a "hunk".

Ditto on what Fatale said... the more the merrier. :D

Bring on the hunks!

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Why is this considered "trolling"? I merely posted accurate information pertaining to my boss dixie. Dixie verified that all that i have said here is true. Is there anything libelous?

Cripes.

I didn't say that YOU were trolling. I was just making a statement to Dixie since he said something about it.:D

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Ditto on what Fatale said... the more the merrier. :D

Bring on the hunks!

This calls for a picture in the "This is me" thread Dixie!;)

FlaFemFatale
06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
This calls for a picture in the "This is me" thread Dixie!;)

Yeh, nude, if you dare !!!!

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeh, nude, if you dare !!!!

Okay, okay, let's keep it clean here. I don't want to see any naked pictures up on a horse racing message board:rolleyes:

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Okay, okay, let's keep it clean here. I don't want to see any naked pictures up on a horse racing message board:rolleyes:

There are probably a few that I wouldn't complain about... :D

(I need an angelic smiley face.) :p

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Ya'll are awful. Ooopps, there I go with the southern accent once again! LOL! Cajun, I wouldn't want to see any of them naked, not even....well, not unless I was dating him anyway. Oh dear, I think I have said too much. RITFLMAO!!! I'm in a humorous, good mood today!:D

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Steve for setting up this website so that pictures can be posted. Us ladies are having so much fun!:D

oracle80
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Are these invaders the jerks who used to post on Ttimes. Ole repent put that place out if its misery!!! He was a one man wrecking crew over there. They used to ban him 10 times a daay and he kept going back. It was pure comedy.

oracle80
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Actually repent was a smart kid with a sense of humor that was classic. He learned a lot from me and had no problem acknowledging it. I truly enjoy when I can give someone "a leg up".

I always liked the guy...............

Dixie:cool:

The difference between those know nothings that were at Ttimes and over here is that they loathed Repent, we love the guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tells you something about the group over here.

oracle80
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Dixie just tell those creeps who invaded that if they don't watch it, we will put Repent on the case over there. he can be a moderator's worst nightmare.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
would be nice if repent came over here and started posting, hopefully hes aware of the place. he never showed at fairmount when i ran my horse there and JP didnt come to indiana downs last month when i ran there. ive met one person from the old board in person, lol shiat maybe ill have to try to start meeting the fifi's from here, dats what i should be doing anyways:)

Skip away
06-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Since when does University of Vermont have a football team? :eek:

oracle80
06-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah some cool women post here Playa. Start getting numbers.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah some cool women post here Playa. Start getting numbers.

lol they can send em my way id gladly take em! i really do like the female group of posters we have here as they are knowledgeable. i wish some would of tried for the paddock preview job at arlington as i suggested this winter and sent in a tape even tho it was apparently rigged as they gave the job to molly ryan who worked on the chicago based tv show horsin around here. they hired molly as a face even tho shes not all that in my opinion and has basically no knowledge to boot and did a horrific job, lol didnt last long anyways as she was fired for being drunk on the job

Cajungator26
06-08-2006, 04:41 PM
How do we take ourselves off a thread. The e-mails from this moronic thread are killing me.

Go to User CP and then go to "edit options." It should be somewhere in there.

FlaFemFatale
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Check out the "Guns Drawn thread" over there (horseracingtalk.net)

Dray33 is a good guy that's gonna take a bath. Read my advice to him post by post, and then tie it into the horse's races.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If you keep getting hit in he head it's time to put on a helmet.

I drove that ******* Last Minute Detail off the old TT's board. Said he turned down $250,000 for that crow. Finally won a race in Evangeline. Probably in a can of Alpo at this writing.

I take back what I said about you being a "hunk."

Assttodixie
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey boss-

do i still have a job?

Or are you going to tell me to

GET LOST?

Your faithful clerk

ASSttodixie

ateamstupid
06-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Bill Brasky > Dixie.

Assttodixie
06-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey Boss-

I've got your E-harmony ad ready to go! I did two different ones so you are going to have to tell me in which direction you want to go. The first one is a little more risque and meant for just the fun seeking lady.

WILL YOU SPIT THE BIT?

world class horseman, gambler and socialite is looking to add to his stable. Want a take a trip to barn37? Want to gamble with Michael Jordan? I just got rid off Kitty dukakis and now I need you!

or how about something a little more reserved Boss:

Gambling on Love

Hi...My name is Dixie Porter. My hobbies include training horses, playing poker and trolling internet boards. Join me and together we can rule cyberspace. You will have to share a house with a few of my imaginary internet friends named blueeyes, speedboyz and Danny. But thats okay- the more the merrier.

I dont know about you Boss, but i like the first one!

ezrabrooks
06-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Fupeg (a/k/a Assttodixie)...you are going to have to do a better job of trying to stay under cover, as you leave a trail that a cub scout could follow. BTW, your schtick is really getting weak, to the point that you are embarrassing yourself.

Ez

Assttodixie
06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Fupeg (a/k/a Assttodixie)...you are going to have to do a better job of trying to stay under cover, as you leave a trail that a cub scout could follow. BTW, your schtick is really getting weak, to the point that you are embarrassing yourself.

Ez

Dear Boss-

Will you kindly tell this MORON who I am. Not only does he get my name wrong, he thinks im a woman.

Is this the same Ez that got CHASED from the other boards we were on? I hope we havent sunk to hanging out with these types Boss. I know times are tough Boss but Dixie International has got to have standards! WE never and i mean never, took cowards under our wing. Lets not start now!

Your Faithful clerk

ASStodixie