PDA

View Full Version : Who needs Belmont when ya got Mountaineer

Byebyemermaid
09-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm 48 years old and started going to the track in 1973.The job i have in sales gives me tremedous freedom and there was a time i would be on the road at 6:30 and see my clients so i could make first post at either Aqueduct or Belmont.I would be there a minimum of 4 days a week.I've written those places off and mind you i live less than 4 miles from Belmont and do most of my business around JFK airport which is a stones throw from Aqueduct.Nobody on this board is more NY than me,rooting for the Yankees,Giants ,Knicks and my favorite the NY Rangers.The decay of racing here saddens me because i remember what it was like.The lot at Belmont was at least 20 rows back on a weekday and now the back of it is used for car dealerships to store cars.On the weekends forget about it.They used to have a mailing list where they would send you parking vouchers,program vouchersand even a break on that scrumptious food they serve there.Do they even do things like that anymore.During the breeders cup last year i heard more advertisements on WFAN (one of the biggest sports radio station) to come out to the Meadowlands for the breeders cup than for Belmont.Why do racetracks charge admission or parking.Whens the last timeyou went to the track to watch 9.I'm sure i'll get some flack about this post but remember i was out there to see Secretariat,Ruffian,Affirmed and Alydar and my favorite Forego.Those days are long gone and they're not coming back.

Byebyemermaid
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm 48 years old and started going to the track in 1973.The job i have in sales gives me tremedous freedom and there was a time i would be on the road at 6:30 and see my clients so i could make first post at either Aqueduct or Belmont.I would be there a minimum of 4 days a week.I've written those places off and mind you i live less than 4 miles from Belmont and do most of my business around JFK airport which is a stones throw from Aqueduct.Nobody on this board is more NY than me,rooting for the Yankees,Giants ,Knicks and my favorite the NY Rangers.The decay of racing here saddens me because i remember what it was like.The lot at Belmont was at least 20 rows back on a weekday and now the back of it is used for car dealerships to store cars.On the weekends forget about it.They used to have a mailing list where they would send you parking vouchers,program vouchersand even a break on that scrumptious food they serve there.Do they even do things like that anymore.During the breeders cup last year i heard more advertisements on WFAN (one of the biggest sports radio station) to come out to the Meadowlands for the breeders cup than for Belmont.Why do racetracks charge admission or parking.Whens the last timeyou went to the track to watch 9.I'm sure i'll get some flack about this post but remember i was out there to see Secretariat,Ruffian,Affirmed and Alydar and my favorite Forego.Those days are long gone and they're not coming back.For those of you that read this my apoligy since it should have been posted under the paddock threads.

ateamstupid
09-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Nobody on this board is more NY than me

I don't know about that..

Byebyemermaid
09-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't know about that..
Just by the few extra years i got you beat good man.

Byebyemermaid
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
In the eary double i'm playing the 3,6/7,10 and then a little extra press on 6/7,10.The late double is 5/1,10.Feel free to post your comments.