View Full Version : Rumspringa Belmont 8th

Nostradamus
09-14-2006, 03:24 PM
He should run a big one at a price.

Kasept
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
He should run a big one at a price.

Nos..

Braxton Lynch may not be your sister in law, but I swear Barclay Tagg must be your uncle... :D

Nostradamus
09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Nos..

Braxton Lynch may not be your sister in law, but I swear Barclay Tagg must be your uncle... :D

They just let us go by their barn in the morning sometimes and we follow the Lael horses he has. My family knows Barclay from way back at a track called Liberty Bell.

Kasept
09-14-2006, 03:44 PM
They just let us go by their barn in the morning sometimes and we follow the Lael horses he has. My family knows Barclay from way back at a track called Liberty Bell.

The only way to know Tagg is from way back!!! Liberty Bell was the forebearer of Keystone... Now Philadelphia Park.

Nostradamus
09-14-2006, 03:53 PM
The only way to know Tagg is from way back!!! Liberty Bell was the forebearer of Keystone... Now Philadelphia Park.

He is a really nice guy. My brother loves him. They are both Penn State guys.

Rumspringa ran 5th. Too bad there were only 5 horses. I have a soft spot for the Lael geldings.

Kasept
09-14-2006, 04:04 PM
He is a really nice guy. My brother loves him. They are both Penn State guys.

Rumspringa ran 5th. Too bad there were only 5 horses. I have a soft spot for the Lael geldings.

Rumspringa was WAY over his head there.. Had the other two not scratched he'd have been 7th.. Nice horse.. Tough company in that one.

I talked about Tagg after Saratoga ended saying I couldn't think of another guy in the game whose career changed at such a late stage. He's a very different man these days.. More willing to be "out front", to interact with media and public, to enjoy the spotlight... It's great. He was always a sharp horseman, and now so many more people know it and him.

oracle80
09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Rumspringa was WAY over his head there.. Had the other two not scratched he'd have been 7th.. Nice horse.. Tough company in that one.

I talked about Tagg after Saratoga ended saying I couldn't think of another guy in the game whose career changed at such a late stage. He's a very different man these days.. More willing to be "out front", to interact with media and public, to enjoy the spotlight... It's great. He was always a sharp horseman, and now so many more people know it and him.

I remember hitting a pick-6 with a partner back in 1994 on Woodward day at Belmont. We singled 3 horses including Holy Bull in the Woodward and Royal Mountain Inn who Tagg trained in the Man O War(?). We went all in a sprint race(The Vosburgh?) and caught a longshot of Lukas. The whole bet cost like 128 bucks so we went 64 bucks apiece.
Royal Moutain Inn crushed them that day.

Nostradamus
09-14-2006, 07:32 PM

Well his assistant/girlfriend has helped. He would never do a show like ATRAB if she did not come into his life. He even has a website, but I doubt he knows it. LOL. He needs to speak louder when he is on your show, but he does a good job and is getting better. Nobiz like Shobiz is going to put him back in the national spotlight. That horse is going to be a major player in the spring next year, but I still like Tiz Wonderful better.