PDA

View Full Version : Hickory Hill Hoff

oracle80
05-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Hickory from checking out your profile I guess you are who I thought you were.
Did you happen to catch the show on my "favorite network" on Saturday morning?
Just made me want to vomit and had me thinking of one of our prior discussions.
The "personality" on this show reviewed the Preakness and then tore into Alex Solis' ride aboard Brother Derek. Apparently this "personality" who gets paid to a televison show in which he is supposed to inform people watching about the world of racing was one of the few in his "business" not to be aware of the fact that Brother Derek had smashed his face in the gate and returned bleeding. This was known to most who follow racing. It certainly was the cause of the horses' rankness and weird race in which he ran in spots. I'm sure Hickory, that you yourself weer aware of this as a follower of Derby Trail.
I guess my question is, don't you think that someone being paid to do a job that involves critiquing races on a televison show should do enough homework and be aware of something that transpired a week ago in a major race?
I find this absolutely horrifying.

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Yes, I was aware of what happened and that may have played a part of his trip in the race. I know I'll try to get all the facts I can about a race before I comment on it. After the Preakness, everyone came out of the wood work and there were many crazy comments made. The comment made by the writer for the TU on Saturday made me even more crazy! His comment about the up coming Belmont Stakes and what his byline for his column will say; "No one cares who wins" is even more distrubing to me. Some of the local newspaper writers are even more arrogent than the T.V. people and they do this for a living 24/7. If you suppose to report on things about this sport, have a good attitude and try to build it up. Knocking it down with negative comments don't help it at all.

oracle80
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Yes, I was aware of what happened and that may have played a part of his trip in the race. I know I'll try to get all the facts I can about a race before I comment on it. After the Preakness, everyone came out of the wood work and there were many crazy comments made. The comment made by the writer for the TU on Saturday made me even more crazy! His comment about the up coming Belmont Stakes and what his byline for his column will say; "No one cares who wins" is even more distrubing to me. Some of the local newspaper writers are even more arrogent than the T.V. people and they do this for a living 24/7. If you suppose to report on things about this sport, have a good attitude and try to build it up. Knocking it down with negative comments don't help it at all.

Your buddy is the ONLY and I mean the ONLY guy that entire network who knows whats up.
The rest of them are pathetic. Can you imagine spending 5 minutes knocking and bashing the ride that Solis gave? I mean, in that arrogant tone of voice as well? I mean if you wanna play horse racing media guy in your spare time from your day job, at least do teh research lest you make yourself a complete imbecile on tv like that. Yeah you clown, it was really Solis' fault that the horse was bleeding from lacerations to his face.
If I was running that place Hickory, your buddy would stay and the rest(I kid you not) would receive pink slips and tossed. Absolute know nothings.