PDA

View Full Version : Gorella

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
This Filly is probally the best Filly in the nation going 1 mile to 1 1/8 but lets see if Julien Leparcon can work some magic and keep her out of trouble I doubt it. They keep giving this kid all this hype about how good of jock he is for a bug boy, but he might be older than Bejorano. If i could get Prado, Gomez, or Solis on her I would single her but I am sure he'll find a way to get her beat.

1. Ozone Bere (FR), 116, Javier Castellano
2. Gorella (FR), 120, Julien R. Leparoux
3. Wend (KY), 119, Edgar S. Prado
4. Bright Abundance (KY), 115, Richard Migliore
5. Mirabilis (KY), 119, Garrett K. Gomez
6. Pommes Frites (KY), 116, Cornelio H. Velasquez

Danzig
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
been thinking this for a while...i hate your choice of name! i'm sure you don't care a bit about that, but i thought i'd mention it all the same.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 07:53 PM
been thinking this for a while...i hate your choice of name! i'm sure you don't care a bit about that, but i thought i'd mention it all the same.

I know you don't like my user name but it was either LOSE=GLUE or DOGFOOD and i didn't think that was appropriate, LMAO :o

Thunder Gulch
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Gorella is certainly high class, but I don't think she's anyting special. Wend was better in her day, which is in the rearview mirror.

The name is terrible..:eek:

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Gorella is certainly high class, but I don't think she's anyting special. Wend was better in her day, which is in the rearview mirror.

The name is terrible..:eek:

At least I didn't use the name Horatio "DOGFOOD" Nelson, or BARBARO=GLUE

Danzig
06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
i'm sure '"i'm an *******" is free...you could use that!

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 08:31 PM
gorella makes a joke of this field..are you on crack..she ran vs the boys ec and others,,,please....if not for a bad trip inside outside shes in the photo.....

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 08:42 PM

I would come back and call you names, but thats not my style. I would rather you realize you don't even know me but yet you have choose to start callin me names, real professional. Did your mom teach you that?

Danzig
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
no, my mother didn't teach me that. so, no name calling, but you obviously have found other ways to insult.... get off your high horse pal. you're on a racing message board with a name like that, type other names you think are cute, and then you mention being professional?
irony there somewhere, i'm sure.

Danzig
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
actually, come to think of it, i didn't call you a name, just suggested one as tasteless as those you used or thought about using. where's the harm in that?

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 09:10 PM
gorella makes a joke of this field..are you on crack..she ran vs the boys ec and others,,,please....if not for a bad trip inside outside shes in the photo.....

I agree with you Hooves, Gorella simply lays over this field class-wise.

Scurlogue Champ
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Gorella will find an excuse to get beat....

I think the little french girl Ozone Bere might get up with a good trip.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=moodwalker]Gorella will find an excuse to get beat....

I think the little french girl Ozone Bere might get up with a good trip.[/QUO.common mood give this girl some credit she won hercomeback race after allmost getting put in the rail ..then her post vs the boys wasnt great..ill give her a huge shot here...:cool:

Scurlogue Champ
06-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I love Gorella. She might just be my favorite female running right now.

But she just seems to find ways to not get there first in the big ones.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 10:18 PM

You don't like my name, I don't like the fact that you had nothing to say that was relivant to the thread, but yet you have several post under this thread!

1st_Saturday_in_May
06-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Gorella is the pick here...

ateamstupid
06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
You don't like my name, I don't like the fact that you had nothing to say that was relivant to the thread, but yet you have several post under this thread!

Dude, I think if you were an abrasive ****** with nothing valid to say, the name wouldn't bother many people. But because you seem like a pretty sharp guy, it's confusing as to why you'd pick such such a mean-spirited handle.

Either way, I haven't looked at the race yet, but Gorella has faced some of the world's best, and the only other danger I see, Wend, is a notorious money burner. I'll look at the race later on, but if you guys have checked it out, is Gorella really that strong on paper? I'm thinking she is.

tiznowthegreat
06-08-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't see how you could not like Julien. The kid is simply amazing. I play Churchill nearly everyday and the guy takes overmatched horses and consistently wins. I would feel completely confident playin him on any horse and I don't know how you could think that he will find a way to get her beat.

Scurlogue Champ
06-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think Leparoux will find a way to get her beat.

I think she will take care of that all by herself.

I completely agree on your assessment of his riding skills.

irishtrekker
06-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Gorella should win, but I'm going to side with moodwalker and agree that Ozone Bere will sneak in front somehow.

Dunbar
06-08-2006, 04:36 AM

ditto.

--Dunbar

Buffymommy
06-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Oh yee of little faith...

Gorella is going to win easily.

Pointg5
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Gorella has only run one time that is good enough to be close enough to win this race...

Ozone Brere is nowhere near good enough to win, her numbers are not even close...

Wend just needs to get back to where she usually runs and with a longer layoff, she should...

Also, Miraballis has a shot here...

Buffymommy
06-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Wend can be second. Gorella has only run bad once lately (and it wasn't that bad) and that was her last start against English Channel.

2Hot4TV
06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I know you don't like my user name but it was either LOSE=GLUE or DOGFOOD and i didn't think that was appropriate, LMAO :o
You had more choices, you are just trying to be cool. We will call this another bad choice. At some point we need to learn from our mistakes.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Gorella is my girl. I love this little filly. I'll use Wend, Mirabilis, and Ozone Bere underneath. These are my preliminary picks. I'll have to see the post parade, and study the card a little more before I make my final decisions.

david1025
06-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I have no idea what it is but i cant ever seem to hit with Leparoux. Always gives me awful rides but maybe its just me.lol Russell baze is another i never seem to play at right time

Danzig
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM

this, by you, IS relevant to thread?! :

I know you don't like my user name but it was either LOSE=GLUE or DOGFOOD and i didn't think that was appropriate, LMAO

btw, i like wend here. but then, i like her every time she runs. my megahertz for this year. always wanted that big heart in a tiny package to come flying late for the win, horses like meggie are a blast to watch, but not so good for the blood pressure!

Scav
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't like the fact that EVERYONE is on this horse. Thorograph wise, Wend is just as fast here, and won't get played anywhere near what Gorella is going to get played at. The other thing that I would like to mention is that NO ONE fared well from the TURF RAIL on Derby Day.....That is where Wend was parked the whole time. it just seemed that 2-3-4 path horses were running well. Turf horses are MUCH MORE consistent and I think you toss Wend's last race and throw her in here.

The only question I have is if she likes the softer going, but she should get the best trip out of anyone here.....

Danzig
06-10-2006, 08:01 AM
that's what you really have to consider. who will like the going? a really good turf horse is still compromised if they don't like the surface. read your pp's people. who likes it soft?

Danzig
06-10-2006, 08:53 AM
wend did poorly her last run on soft turf.

miribilis for a higher price.
gorella probably will like the course.

tycharles01
06-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Only 4 horses going!!

Maybe a 1-5 Ex???

JJP
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Is this Leparoux's only winner in New York/East coast? He took a donut at the Big M today.