PDA

View Full Version : Watchmaker/Suffolk Shippers

oracle80
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Incredible. The guy spends a year wanting to say I told you so, then says i told you so after LITF loses a couple.
Now every guy in America is waiting for his weekly Wednesday column in which he recaps races of interest from around the country. Everyone is waiting to see what he writes. And what is intoday's DRF? A puff piece about keeping the TRi Crown as it is.
What a crock. Incredible. You telling me had LITF lost that that column would have been there. I don't think so. ANother I told you so column would have been there. I have zero respect for guys who wont say they are wrong.

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm surprised I missed this piece this morning when I logged on DRF. Went right to the PP's. Usually anything written by Mike Jackass goes right to the top of my reading list, much like if I'm reading the Boston Globe and I see something by Dan Shaugnessy, whom I despise almost as much as Watchmaker.

This is classic Watchmaker. He basically spends from last year's Riva Ridge until now harping on LITF and how he told us all something. Wasted all that clean, fresh oxygen that I would just have rather seen go to pocket book snatchers, druggies, sex offenders and jerk kids who stuff others in lockers at the nations high schools. He is not worthy of breathing the same air as those types, never mind the common man.

He would have you believe that EVERY single person on the planet was anointing LITF the next Secretariat and that he was the only one who saw the downfall. Mikey, we can all see that a horse than runs at 7 or 8 tracks across the country in the span of 9 months is due to come back to the pack AT LEAST ONCE. LITF did. I know I wasnt shocked. **** happens.

But instead of being a man and saying "I screwed up" when saying LITF had no business being at CD last week, he writes a piece deserving of back page burial on my old high school newspaper. I dont even know if I would wipe my ass with this Triple Crown column.

I have a strong disdain for Watchmaker, no? :rolleyes: I need some Jaegar!

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Watchmaker is a JOKE!!! I can't remember the last time he picked a winner on that TVG show with him and Matt Corothers. He is a columnest not a handicapper. I would bet any of us can pick just as many winners on any given day.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
well mike watchmaker is something you and i will probaly never disagree on. instead of weekend warrior in the form on saturdays they should title it weekend whackoff who eats cheetos

oracle80
06-08-2006, 06:38 AM
Suffolk, YOU know damn well that he had column A and column B written. Column A was his typical Wednesday column in which he recapped the stakes action and had his I told you so in there. Column B was that piece of garbage in case LITF won, and once he stopped the clock in 1:08:2, column B it was.
And then guys wonder why I trash the jornalists in this game. Morons, completeknow nothing imbeciles.
Suffolk we have a local OTB tv station here, and its just so bad. 95% of the guys don't know anything, and I mean anything, about the game. One guy recapped the Preakeness a week after it happened, and spent 5 minutes bashing Alex Solis ride on Brother Derek, as if it was his fault that he smashed his face against the gate and came back cut and bleeding. What this guy saw as a bad ride, was actually a horse in pain who ran in spots and rank because of it. I mean everyone was aware of what happened right? Especially if you are going to plau journalist as a part time job, it makes sense to at least know a little bit about what you are pretending to cover.
95% of the people who "cover" this sport are complete know nothings.