PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes Undercard Races

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
In the woody stephans it looks like too much bling drew the 1 post and that is gonna work totally aginst him. I gotta go with songster in this one considering his last effort and the fact that he drew outside. His race in the slop vs too much bling is a throughout if he didn't like the slop like the connections are saying.

In the Manhattan I liked English Channel but considering he ran the race of his life last time and now switches jockeys, even thought he gets John V. he will be way to short of price and Catique should of beatin him last time if P.Val could whip and maintain a strait course, now with Solis I love his chances. ANY THOUGHTS?????

In the Acorn it looks like Bushfire and Ermine with Adieu completing the tri!

boldruler
06-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I like English Channel too but Hello Liberty and Oracle's horse have a shot in the Acorn.

oracle80
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I like English Channel too but Hello Liberty and Oracle's horse have a shot in the Acorn.
Thanks ruler, she has a shot.
But the bet of the day will be cacique. Frankel must have flipped his lid at Pval after the last ride. Goes for Prado.

boldruler
06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks ruler, she has a shot.
But the bet of the day will be cacique. Frankel must have flipped his lid at Pval after the last ride. Goes for Prado.

I don't know what type of shape the turf course will be in so anyone can probably win that race. I was hoping they would run on it tomorrow because Barclay Tagg owns and trains a horse named Stratonic that I have met. Doubt it stays on the turf though.

oracle80
06-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I don't know what type of shape the turf course will be in so anyone can probably win that race. I was hoping they would run on it tomorrow because Barclay Tagg owns and trains a horse named Stratonic that I have met. Doubt it stays on the turf though.

Cacique and English Channel both like soft ground and have handled it just fine, as has Relaxed Gesture.

Skip away
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Cacique will also be 8/5 or possibly lower,dont get your hopes up. :p

And some horses are just prone to bad trips, he may be one of em. :p

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 05:14 PM

8/5?? I'd be very surprised and disappointed. EC beat him last time, and Grey Swallow doesn't look too shabby either.. No way, IMO. I don't think he'll be below 5/2.

LARHAGE
06-07-2006, 05:39 PM

I think the one-dimensional crack-head pilot was his excuse for bad trips, two ridiculous rides he gave that poor horse, now with the rider upgrade he will show what he can do.

deltaforce97
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I pounded Cacique on Derby Day......... I don't plan on backing off him now, but the added distance is a concern for me. I'm guessing 3-1 on him on Saturday.

Grey Swallow beat Bago and Ace on Yielding turf also. He and Cacique are the only two I need in the P-4.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I pounded Cacique on Derby Day......... I don't plan on backing off him now, but the added distance is a concern for me. I'm guessing 3-1 on him on Saturday.

Grey Swallow beat Bago and Ace on Yielding turf also. He and Cacique are the only two I need in the P-4.

English Channel is the one I would be worried about getting the extra distance he was fully extended winning the woodford, and I personally think that Gomez can carry a horse the last 1/8 of a mile better than anyone. Johnny V. is a awesome jock but Gomez just does somthing diffrent that no body else does. Almost like horses run 2-4 lenghts better for him.