PDA

View Full Version : Hwd Park Stewards

SCUDSBROTHER
06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
LOL ...Mel Stute was so upset at the no call that he called them up? For sure the 8 fouled at the start,and in the stretch.The 2 fouled at the start.They are so scared of calling double a d.q....They just let it all go.Ugly

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
LOL ...Mel Stute was so upset at the no call that he called them up? For sure the 8 fouled at the start,and in the stretch.The 2 fouled at the start.They are so scared of calling double a d.q....They just let it all go.Ugly

Watched it on TVG, what a joke. I mean if they are gonna let the mess at the gate slide, I can deal with that. HOWEVER....how can they let the 8 stay at two when he mauled the 2 while lugging in? Totally impeded the path of that horse.

One of the more frustrating things in racing is the stewards. :eek:

oracle80
06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Watched it on TVG, what a joke. I mean if they are gonna let the mess at the gate slide, I can deal with that. HOWEVER....how can they let the 8 stay at two when he mauled the 2 while lugging in? Totally impeded the path of that horse.

One of the more frustrating things in racing is the stewards. :eek:

I will say it again, that coast is strictly the minor leagues when it comes to stewards and management. MINOR LEAGUES. Nowhere have i ever seen more just terrible calls. And how about ole follicle fermin going after Pval and not knowing the difference between a strand and a follicle. Then there was Mullins claiming one off the ole bro in law and then of course they go after him.
Its a mess out there. No wonder everyone leaves.

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I will say it again, that coast is strictly the minor leagues when it comes to stewards and management. MINOR LEAGUES. Nowhere have i ever seen more just terrible calls. And how about ole follicle fermin going after Pval and not knowing the difference between a strand and a follicle. Then there was Mullins claiming one off the ole bro in law and then of course they go after him.
Its a mess out there. No wonder everyone leaves.

Tough to disagree with this. This was one of the more agregious offenses in recent memory (and that says something) and they sat on their thumbs about it. Didn't have money on it, but come on...there are people that did.
A few more years and Hollywood will just be a parking lot with a Kohl's, TGI Fridays and Bed Bath and Beyond, so its just a matter of time.

Pedigree Ann
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I saw it, too, and cannot understand how the stewards could not DQ somebody for that start. A jump or two from the gate, some non-linear motion, a little bumping could be acceptable. But the 2 coming out and the 8 coming in did a lot more than that and caused an extremely dangerous situation. Riders should get days - if they don't, the stewards have abdicated their responsibility to look out for the jockeys' and horses' saftey.

PSH
06-07-2006, 05:48 PM
California Racing has been a joke for some time now...

I live out here and am racing back in NY State. Enough said....

However, have seen many strange DQ's or lack there of at other tracks. Arlington comes to mind.

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I honestly think the stewards were off track when this happened, and the video machines went down when they were asked to look at it. That is the only explanation I have for their assinine actions :o

oracle80
06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I honestly think the stewards were off track when this happened, and the video machines went down when they were asked to look at it. That is the only explanation I have for their assinine actions :o

DING DING DING!!!!!! As they say on the Rome show!!! rack em!! Post of the day!!!

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Its SARAFAN at DEL MAR all over again. The stewards must of been at lunch or mabey they didn't even see the race and they flipped a coin. That was so pathetic. Watch in a few days a horse will get taken down for less.

pgardn
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I just watched the start from head on.

WTF was that rollerball? OMG.

Was there an objection in the stretch by the rider of the two? That was just awful.

DiscreetCat=Monster
06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I just watched the start from head on.

WTF was that rollerball? OMG.

Was there an objection in the stretch by the rider of the two? That was just awful.

What you failed to see is the head-on when they broke out of the gate. The 2 broke outward and the 8 broke inward, and there was a big ass mess then the 8 slaughters the 2 in the stretch. I don't remember the odds on the 7 but he never had any chance. It was the most horrific no call, even Iggy Puglisi got a little crazy on the set and they told him to settle down and make sure everyone understood it was just his opinon.

zdog
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I was looking at steve's picks and he has a few horses with numbers in front and a few horses with letters in front of their names can anyone tell me what he means by this. thanks

pgardn
06-07-2006, 09:00 PM
What you failed to see is the head-on when they broke out of the gate. The 2 broke outward and the 8 broke inward, and there was a big ass mess then the 8 slaughters the 2 in the stretch. I don't remember the odds on the 7 but he never had any chance. It was the most horrific no call, even Iggy Puglisi got a little crazy on the set and they told him to settle down and make sure everyone understood it was just his opinon.

I saw that. The 2 looked like he went out much more than the 8 went in. I have seen plenty of no calls on the start. But I have not seen something that bad in the stretch. If anything both horses DQ.

pgardn
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I was looking at steve's picks and he has a few horses with numbers in front and a few horses with letters in front of their names can anyone tell me what he means by this. thanks

I have not looked at his picks but I would imagine a coupled entry... 1 and 1A.
Ya pick one, ya get both.

ateamstupid
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I have not looked at his picks but I would imagine a coupled entry... 1 and 1A.
Ya pick one, ya get both.

Nah P, that ain't it. 1 and 2 are the top contenders, A and B are underneath horses and/or alternates.

Scav
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Ateam is correct

pgardn
06-07-2006, 09:44 PM
my bad thanks. thats what I get for not looking.