PDA

View Full Version : SAT Stakes Plays BEL, AP, & DEL

Bogey
09-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Belmont - Race 7 - Garden City BC G1

#7 Magnificent Song - Talented Pletcher filly comes off a victory in the G3 Lake George at the Spa.

#1 Chaibia (Ire) - Group 3 winner in her last brings jock from across the pond. Her 111 Timeform rating puts her right in the mix with these. 1st time Lasix for U.S. debut.

#10 Quite a Bride - Mott/Corn runner has a 4 for 5 record on the turf.

#5 Jade Queen - Steps up in graded company for the 1st time for Pletcher.

The Play - 10 units Exacta Box 7 with 1 5 10 = 60 units

Race 8 - Gazelle G1

#5 Pine Island - Lightly race filly is making a serious late charge for 3yr filly.

#2 Bushfire - Division leader has been on the bench since 7/1/06. She dominated early in the year with three G1's to her credit.

#3 Last Romance - Should enjoy the 1 1/8 at Big Sandy

The Play - 20 units Exactas 5 over 2 3 and 10 units exacta 2 3 over 5 = 60 units

Race 9 - Man O War G1

#6 Cacique (Ire) - Super consistent and will be heard coming down the stretch.

#4 Cosmonaut - Should bounce back from troubled trip in the Million.

#3 Showing Up - Takes on elders for the 1st time after beating up overmatched foes.

#7 Relaxed Gesture (Ire) - Has burned some serious $$$ in last two (including mine) and looks to bounce back with Nak.

#2 Go Deputy - In great form, but faces his toughest competition.

The Play 10 units Exacta Box 6 over 3 4 7 = 60 units

Arlington Park - Race 8 - Pucker Up G3

#5 Soothsay (Ire) - Has been improving out west and should enjoy the more Euro like lawn at AP.

#3 Ladyburn - Has an affinity for the AP turf.

#6 Royal Dazzle - Might be able to steal the race up front with a Sterling ride.

#4 Precious Kitten - Failed as the fav in her last two, but is more than capable of making up for it here.

The Play - 1 unit Tri Box - 3 4 5 6 = 24 units
5 units Exacta Box 5 with 3 4 6 = 30 units

Delaware Park - Race 10 - Kent BC G3

#4 BRILLIANT - G2 Jefferson Cup winner stumbled at the start in the Hall of Fame and was unable to make a serious run at After Market. The tables get turned here and at 6-1, it's time to take a big plunge.

#7 Carnera - Darley/McLaughlin/Coa is nice combo and coming off a nice win in the AinSociology.

#2 Diabolical - Three straight and should be a contender again.

#11 After Market - Undefeated Mott runner drew the far outside and we're not buying at even money or so.

The Play - 50 units to Win on #4 = 50 units

2 units Tri Key 4 with 2 7 11 and 2 units Tri P/W 2 7 11 with 4 with 2 7 11 = 24 units

8 weeks and counting for the Breeders' Cup

Total wagered = 308 units

Good Racing Luck

SniperSB23
09-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Belmont - Race 7 - Garden City BC G1

Exacta - #1 Chaibia, #9 Take the Ribbon/#1 Chaibia, #9 Take the Ribbon, #2 May Night, #7 Magnificent Song, #10 Quite a Bride

Trifecta - #1 Chaibia, #9 Take the Ribbon/#1 Chaibia, #9 Take the Ribbon/#2 May Night, #7 Magnificent Song, #10 Quite a Bride

Race 8 - Gazelle G1

Only way I see to bet this is to key Unbridled Express in the 2nd spot with the two favorites in the 1st and 3rd spots and hope to catch a price. I'll probably pass here. UE across the board might be worth a play.

Race 9 - Man O War G1

This one looks like it will come up way too chalky for me. Unless the morning lines change significantly I'll stay away from this one as well.

wac
09-09-2006, 03:22 PM
BOGEY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! i didnt know that birlliant was in this race today as i have loved this horse since he was here at CD. I just got my bet in at 9/2 and he CREAMS the field. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH

Miller
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Bogey,

Lot of "brilliance" in your picks today. Lots of Woulda, Couda, Shoulda, in your selections and I hope some of the (what I thought were) overlays in the win pools got you to add more win bets to your original suggestions. At least with "Brilliant" and the earlier scratch all that good handicapping brought you back to where you can play another day without making a further dent to the wallet.

Talking about Woulda etc the 7th, 8th, and 9th was a typical parlay for us as there was no pick 3. Ask me where our thumbs were??

I think your scores are getting close after your somewhat bad streak.

Good Luck,

Miller

Kasept
09-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Gus..

Once again we needed to put our heads together.. this time on the Garden City.. I used the Cassidy gal on Hammerle's recco and excluded 'Ribbon' and wanted to kill myself as they came home. I loved Jade Queen to get a share. Super was there between us.

Nice hit going deep with Brilliant. How about Senor Swinger busting up the exotics there? Uggh...

Bogey
09-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Wac, I'm glad I was able to help you out on Brilliant.

Miller, Winners galore, but not much underneath. I did put some extra on Brilliant though.

Kasept, This has happened a few times to us where are selections cross for nice scores (Shirroco in the BC Turf - comes to mind) I've still not gotten over that one.