PDA

View Full Version : turf lesson

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 01:00 PM
keeping a record of the rail depth and at tracks such as gulfstream can be a very good idea..the whole post position changes when the rail is moved out or in...other tracks also ....do any of you take this info in to account when capping...:cool:

Pointg5
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
For years Keeneland had max 10 horses in their turf races, in the last couple of years they have carded some 12 horse fields. I noticed that when they go to 12 horse fields, the turf course plays more speed favoring...

dr. fager
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
keeping a record of the rail depth and at tracks such as gulfstream can be a very good idea..the whole post position changes when the rail is moved out or in...other tracks also ....do any of you take this info in to account when capping...:cool:

I sometimes have trouble finding this info, it is on the daily scratches/changes on Magna websites, can you help with other, CD and nyra?

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
i have people that tell me but that may be a great question to call in to atheracesandbeyond ..unless someone can chime in..i think brisbet has it on thier site ..but in the am each racing day it should be available...:cool: :cool:

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
as a rule if the rail is out ..the interior pos must rocket to get in the mix..if in they have the upperhand,,,when the rail is out there is less track to play with...and many ahorse has been cut of and shut down...

timmgirvan
06-07-2006, 01:22 PM
as a rule if the rail is out ..the interior pos must rocket to get in the mix..if in they have the upperhand,,,when the rail is out there is less track to play with...and many ahorse has been cut of and shut down...
Hooves: that is my wholly unproffessional understanding!

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Unless you're an imbecile and want to buck probabilities, turf is for finishers and deep closers
I will not debate this.

what do you mean by 'finishers'? front runners certainly win often enough on the turf like Intercontinental in last year's F & M turf.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Hooves: that is my wholly unproffessional understanding!
well tim..if you have a few that had no chance with the rail out and next time its in..lookout...

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Unless you're an imbecile and want to buck probabilities, turf is for finishers and deep closers
I will not debate this.
thanks for the free money...........

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
READ my post. BTW, Intercontinental was mine.

I did READ.. it's not exactly spelling things out. Hence my question.