PDA

View Full Version : Anybody like anything today?

dellinger63
06-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Have to run some errands now but will check back soon. For reasons out of my control (lol) I didn't do any homework last night.

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 09:49 AM
could end up very chaulky, but Ice Cool Kitty should be tough to beat at Belmont today! Good luck!

2Hot4TV
06-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Icy Ridge in the 4th @ Hollywood. Ran a good race last out and I am play it alone to win. You never know when Solis is going to really ride a race horse or bob up and down like a he's in a boat.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Icy Ridge in the 3rd @ Hollywood. Ran a good race last out and I am play it alone to win. You never know when Solis is going to really ride a race horse or bob up and down like a he's in a boat.

I will never forgive Solis for his ride on Brother Derek in this year's Kentucky Derby.

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't know, I think he did ok considering he came from the 18 hole. What was so unforgiving about his ride?

2Hot4TV
06-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I will never forgive Solis for his ride on Brother Derek in this year's Kentucky Derby.
Alex is at the later part of a wonderful career that has had him at the top for along time. He doesn't ride like a race rider since his last fall where he hurt his back. If he is on the inside he will start last and try to close. Always 3 & 4 wide. Its hard to bet him even though you know he has the best horse. Nice guy, but he's in the twlight of his riding days.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know, I think he did ok considering he came from the 18 hole. What was so unforgiving about his ride?

There was a hole open for about an eighth of a mile, and he let Lawyer Ron beat Brother Derek through it approaching the far turn. He had a lot more horse than McKee did, and if he would have went ahead and sent BD through that hole, BD would have gotten second. He waited too late to try to go through the opening, got shut out, had to check BD, and had no choice but to go wide.

2Hot4TV
06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
The unforgiving part happened when Alex and Hendricks choose post #18. The rest is history.

oracle80
06-07-2006, 10:57 AM
There was a hole open for about an eighth of a mile, and he let Lawyer Ron beat Brother Derek through a hole approaching the far turn. He had a lot more horse than McKee did, and if he would have went ahead and sent BD through that hole, BD would have gotten second. He waited too late to try to go through the opening, got shut out, had to check BD, and had no choice but to go wide.

Oh come on Rosie, when they CHOSE the 18 hole, I mean, what the **** were they thinking? I'm sorry but the blame lies with choosing that post. It wasn't exactly the most brilliant tactical move I've ever seen.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh come on Rosie, when they CHOSE the 18 hole, I mean, what the **** were they thinking? I'm sorry but the blame lies with choosing that post. It wasn't exactly the most brilliant tactical move I've ever seen.

No, it wasn't. They should have chose the three, but Solis should have gone through that opening. The blame is shared between the two.

2Hot4TV
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
No, it wasn't. They should have chose the three, but Solis should have gone through that opening.
You going to take that?

Suffolk Shippers
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
The unforgiving part happened when Alex and Hendricks choose post #18. The rest is history.

Exactly. This move was INEXCUSABLE. Why on earth take the 18 unless you plan on running to the lead and going inside, which never happened. I agree with "roses" as well, Solis should have hit that hole.