PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 2/9

Dahoss
02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
A few trips today that might end up being horses to watch next time.

6th race- #1 Malibu Spice- sat a good trip for the first 3/4's and appeared to have some run around the turn. Coa had nowhere to go, so he followed the eventual winner in between horses. As they straightened away she began hitting her stride, when the tiring Shocking Behavior came over onto her and she bumped. Then she ran up on heels of Pampering and Coa took up again. Might have been second with a clear run, however it would have been a perfect trip 2nd. Either way, I think she deserves a look next time.

#7 Skating- Flew home late to just miss hitting the board. She wasn't bet at all, which is odd for a Pletcher trainee, but she did finish with some interest. Will keep an eye on her next time.

#15 Lemon Meringue Fi- broke slow and outward at the break. Was slow into stride and far back early. Made a nice run around the turn to reach contention, while getting out a bit. She tired as you could expect and wasn't abused late. I think she's going to run much better with this educational trip.

8th race- #1 They Call Me Giant- hard held early behind the slow pace. Forced to check twice around the turn as he was beginning to gain ground. Due for a trip one of these times.

#8 Sporty- was very rank early, fighting Leparoux and throwing his head. The pacesetters absolutely crawled early, so slow that I almost don't believe the fractions that were posted. He finally settled down and unleashed a strong run around the turn to get within 2 lengths of the leaders, but tired. Can win in this condition next time in a race with a fair pace.

#10 Raging Wit- appeared to run off a bit on Castanon. Was 9th early, then made a 5 wide move to reach the pacesetter quickly up the backstretch. He settled a bit on the turn, but was no match when the horses up front took off again. Worth a look next time IMO.

RockHardTen1985
02-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree with you on the every horse in the 6th. That race could end up being key. The winner is going to be really good. The Mott and Rick V went at each other early, they both can win next out vs the right group.
Also agree on Raging Wit huge premature move and still stayed on OK. The pace was a crawl early and that horse had the right to finish last IMO.
The Call Me Giant seems to continue to find trouble, Im done with him.

3kings
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
A few trips today that might end up being horses to watch next time.

6th race- #1 Malibu Spice- sat a good trip for the first 3/4's and appeared to have some run around the turn. Coa had nowhere to go, so he followed the eventual winner in between horses. As they straightened away she began hitting her stride, when the tiring Shocking Behavior came over onto her and she bumped. Then she ran up on heels of Pampering and Coa took up again. Might have been second with a clear run, however it would have been a perfect trip 2nd. Either way, I think she deserves a look next time.

#7 Skating- Flew home late to just miss hitting the board. She wasn't bet at all, which is odd for a Pletcher trainee, but she did finish with some interest. Will keep an eye on her next time.

#15 Lemon Meringue Fi- broke slow and outward at the break. Was slow into stride and far back early. Made a nice run around the turn to reach contention, while getting out a bit. She tired as you could expect and wasn't abused late. I think she's going to run much better with this educational trip.

8th race- #1 They Call Me Giant- hard held early behind the slow pace. Forced to check twice around the turn as he was beginning to gain ground. Due for a trip one of these times.

#8 Sporty- was very rank early, fighting Leparoux and throwing his head. The pacesetters absolutely crawled early, so slow that I almost don't believe the fractions that were posted. He finally settled down and unleashed a strong run around the turn to get within 2 lengths of the leaders, but tired. Can win in this condition next time in a race with a fair pace.

#10 Raging Wit- appeared to run off a bit on Castanon. Was 9th early, then made a 5 wide move to reach the pacesetter quickly up the backstretch. He settled a bit on the turn, but was no match when the horses up front took off again. Worth a look next time IMO.

Thanks for doing this.... My race watching and trip evaluating can certainly use some improvement. I agree with much of this but missed a few of the things(as they pertained to the pace) that you pointed out until I re-watched the race a 2nd time.

Dahoss
02-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for doing this.... My race watching and trip evaluating can certainly use some improvement. I agree with much of this but missed a few of the things(as they pertained to the pace) that you pointed out until I re-watched the race a 2nd time.

No problem. I'm way behind on my replay work, but when I eventually get caught up I'm going to try and post more in here.

declansharbor
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
No problem. I'm way behind on my replay work, but when I eventually get caught up I'm going to try and post more in here.

Thx Hoss. You've helped me in more ways than you think when it comes to trips and how to evaluate certain rides/trips. keep up the good work in this room!

Dahoss
02-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Sporty returns at Gulfstream tomorrow in the 5th race.

Dahoss
03-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Sporty returns at Gulfstream tomorrow in the 5th race.

2nd by a 1/2 at 9/2.

Dahoss
03-01-2011, 11:58 PM

Returns on Friday in the 7th at Gulfstream. Has Ms Silver Oak to beat, but she looks like she has some hang in her. Hoping for a good price.

Dahoss
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
That was quite a strategy by Maragh there. How many times is he going to go to the front with a closer before he realizes it's a stupid move?

Dahoss
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Lemon Merengue Fi and Malibu Spice show up in the 3rd race Friday at Gulfstream. I'm using both in picks and betting Lemon Merengue Fi.