PDA

View Full Version : SAT Plays - R.O.I. is the name

Bogey
09-02-2006, 12:55 AM
It's the last weekend for the Saratoga and Del Mar meet, so let's go out swinging. With 9 weeks to go until the Breeders' Cup on November 4th, it's time to separate the contenders from the pretenders. The account stands at plus 113 units.

Saratoga - Race 8 - Forego G1

#2 Commentator - It's nice to see this talented runner back on the track. He's 4 for 4 @ the distance and 3 for 3 @ the Spa and on a wet track. He's been training great for his return.

#7 Mass Media - Last years winner should improve off his last effort and his recent pattern indicates a big performance is on the horizon.

#8 Pomeroy - Training lights out for his 2nd start of the year for his new trainer Marty Wolfson. He also likes it wet.

#10 Silver Wagon - 3 of his 4 victories have come @ Saratoga and he missed by a length and a quarter in last year's event. A contender at a juicy price.

The Play 5 units Exacta Box - 2 with 7 8 10 = 30 units

Race 9 - Woodward G1

#6 Flower Alley - Dull effort in the Whitney, but lets not forget that he had a similar effort in last years Jockey Club Gold Cup where he finished up the track as the favorite and bounced back in the Breeders' Cup Classic @ 10-1 to give (HOY) Saint Liam a fight to the finish line. I expect Pletcher to have him 100% cranked up for this.

#3 Suave - Impressive @ Arlington in the Washington Park in his last. I look for another solid perfomance here.

#11 Wanderin Boy - Will be gunning for the lead from the outside post and will have to hurry because the 1st turn comes up quite quick @ 1 1/8 @ the Spa. If he's able to settle a little bit, he could be a major factor coming down the stretch.

#5 Sun King - Huge performance in the Whitney where he just missed versus Invasor. I truly expect him to take a step back off that gutsy effort.

#1 Wild Desert - Draw a line through his turf try in the Sword Dancer and he's a contender.

The Play - 3 units Tri Key 6 over 1 3 5 11 = 36 units

Arlington Park - Race 7

#1 Joe W - Steve Hobby wins at 20% for the meet and sends the son of Touch Gold out on the lawn for the first time. I also like the stretchout going around two turns in his 3rd start off a layoff. He's not facing any monsters here and at 8-1 or so is definitely worth a stab.

The Play - 50 units to Win #1 = 50 units

Other horses to look at for future plays:

Calder - Race 10 - The Florida Stallion Affirmed 150K 7 Furlongs

#2 Straight Faced - Undefeated and has done it with style.
#1 Villainage - Has chased the top one in last couple.
#8 Green Vegas - Legitimate excuses in last two

Monmouth Park - Race 9 - Red Bank G3

#4 Miesque's Approval - Currently in great form and a serious contender for the Breeders' Cup Mile.

After the plays, the account is left at minus 3 units. Believe it or not, this is the first time since we started on Stephen Foster Day that the account is actually in the red.

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
09-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Why must I be Suffering Downs? They've cancelled the Mass Cap 3 out of the last 4 years.

Bogey
09-02-2006, 03:07 PM
With the scratch of #11 Wanderin Boy in the Woodward, we'll add #9 Andromeda's Hero to replace him.

Bogey
09-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Congrats to Pomeroy and Premium Tap - It's time to regroup before the Hopeful. WOW

Bogey
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Just to add salt in the wound, I selected the straight tri in the Florida Stallion Affirmed - Calder Race 10 and didn't even wager on it. Go Figure. The Tri only paid $36.

jimdowning
09-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Used your straight trifecta picks over all for the super - which paid $63.

Bogey
09-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Used your straight trifecta picks over all for the super - which paid $63.

Jim, Nice work. I'm glad somebody cashed.