PDA

View Full Version : 8th Saratoga

Rupert Pupkin
09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I think Admiral Bird is the horse to beat. He's coming back a little quicker than I would like, but I still think he's the one to beat. I'm not crazy about Pletcher's horse in here. He had a litle trouble but I still don't think he's nearly as good as Admiral Bird.

Rupert Pupkin
09-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I think Admiral Bird is the horse to beat. He's coming back a little quicker than I would like, but I still think he's the one to beat. I'm not crazy about Pletcher's horse in here. He had a litle trouble but I still don't think he's nearly as good as Admiral Bird.

That was a tough beat. He ran 2nd beaten a nose but he was trying to get in all the way down the entire stretch. Garret had to keep tugging on the reins and snatching him up to keep him straight. He couldn't really ride him because he was getting in so much.

I still made a little money on the race. He paid over $5.20 to place. I pretty much always bet to win and place unless a horse is a short price. If I think I can get $4.00 to place, I will usually bet equal amounts to win and place.

That was a costly photo though. It cost me over $2,000.

sumitas
09-01-2006, 08:09 PM
That is a tough beat but you covered yourself which is a good strategy.