PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Sat. 9-2-06

GPK
08-31-2006, 07:17 PM
just a quick analysis from my view

Wild Desert - 3rd off...Dutrow/Padro dangerous combo..turf to dirt...like the 6 panel jog earlier this week...will need lifetime top to win.

Papi Chullo - seems to do his best running out west...will be part of the pace and these aren't Flamethrowentexan he's running with....pass.

Suave - My pick to win...3rd off layoff...coming off a win in the Washington Park Handicap and I remember watching that race and Borel left some in the tank that day. Seems to be returning to his form from last fall...should be just off the pace setters and have first run and get to the wire first.

Naughty New Yorker - surely you jest....just not good enough for these

Sun King - BOING!!!!!!!! Bounce city after being all out to try and run down Invasor.

Flower Alley - who shows? Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde??? Your guess is as good as mine...but it is Pletcher/JV...will be too short of a price for what will be a huge question mark.

Second of June - Gomez sees fit...will need to find some kick to catch Suave and others....crafty 7 panel work intrigues me..

Premium Tap - Kent D...enough said....LOL...seriously, another that will need to run a lifetime best....pace player at best.

Andromeda's Hero - I just dont think Grade 1 is his ballgame.

Funny Cide - be a wonderful story...but current form just not good enough here.

Wanderin Boy - early speed draws far outside...will most like have to gun to clear some inside speed. Will most likely lead them for a majority of the way, but I don't see him holding on for the win.

*if you have read this analysis, please send $19.95 (no personal checks) to.....:D

paisjpq
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
do you take burger king vouchers?

GPK
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
do you take burger king vouchers?

Prefer Chick-fil-a:D :D

paisjpq
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Prefer Chick-fil-a:D :D
never heard of it...Wendy's?

GPK
08-31-2006, 08:16 PM
never heard of it...Wendy's?

wha...wha...wha..WHAT??????:eek: :eek: :eek:

It is only the best chicken sandwich known to mankind...it's a southern thing for the most part.

Gander
08-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Nice. Thanks Kev. We'll have to wait until we see what the track comes up. Nasty weather coming this way starting early Saturday.
I have a feeling the winner of this race will be one of the following 3 horses, all of which should be decent prices: Suave, Funny Cide or Wanderin Boy.

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-31-2006, 10:47 PM

It is only the best chicken sandwich known to mankind...it's a southern thing for the most part.

We've got a bunch of Chik-fil-a's in Pittsburgh, but they're pretty expensive compared to Wendy's, McDonald's, etc. for a poor college kid! Damn good chicken though...

TitanSooner
08-31-2006, 11:32 PM
perfectly breaded chicken breast fillet, pickles, and a bun...

doesn't sound like much but they are yummy. They just put one in a mile from my house.. just add waffle fries and cole-slaw.. I've got to go :D

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-31-2006, 11:46 PM
perfectly breaded chicken breast fillet, pickles, and a bun...

doesn't sound like much but they are yummy. They just put one in a mile from my house.. just add waffle fries and cole-slaw.. I've got to go :D

Ooooooohhhh the waffle fries are VERY good :D

GPK
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
I grew up on Chick-Fizzle...been around here for as long as I can remember. We have them all over the place here and its funny to go in a food court in the mall at lunchtime...5-6 lines...10 people deep at all times...they are cash cows...

the "proper" way to eat the sandwich is actually to take the pickles off, yet you still have the pickle flavor in the bun.

GenuineRisk
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Loved the analysis, Kev; thanks!

And thanks to all of you who have been posting your picks and reasons why-- I LOVE reading them.

Buffymommy
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I just had a #7 for lunch about an hour ago!

WHO HAS NEVER HEARD OF CHICK-FIL-A? You living under a rock? OHHHH AND THE YUMMY BREAKFAST MINI-BISCUITS... YUMMY! There is one right by my office. I visit frequently! :D

As for the race, haven't read it over closely but I am leaning towards a tri box of SK/Suave/Second of June. Not my final analysis yet, I didn't get to that race yet in the PP for the Pick 6 contest.

KY_Sasquash
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM

You said it Kev. There are times when I contemplate ordering a party tray of nuggets or fingers just for myself. I think they put crack in the chicken.

TitanSooner
09-01-2006, 12:36 PM
the chicken mini's are da bomb!!! those little sweet rolls they put them on are tasty.. Their sweet-tea rocks too.