PDA

View Full Version : kip Deville vs. showing up

mp3
06-06-2006, 05:11 PM
guys, lets get real. To say that SU will love the turf because he worked faster than EC is a horrible analogy. Put a horse on the turf in race conditions and then tell me. Turf racing over a distance requires a horse to rate just off the bridle, handle uneven footing and bobbling, run through holes and sprint home. SU has to win on the turf before we make him a super turf horse. KD has won on the turf and was stylish doing so. Doesn't mean he is better than SU but to say that SU is a better turf horse right now is incorrect.

oracle80
06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
guys, lets get real. To say that SU will love the turf because he worked faster than EC is a horrible analogy. Put a horse on the turf in race conditions and then tell me. Turf racing over a distance requires a horse to rate just off the bridle, handle uneven footing and bobbling, run through holes and sprint home. SU has to win on the turf before we make him a super turf horse. KD has won on the turf and was stylish doing so. Doesn't mean he is better than SU but to say that SU is a better turf horse right now is incorrect.

What you said, times two. I wish I had a buck for every trainer and owner who had told me that their horse worked awesome on the grass and then tried it and photoed with the ambulance. Its one thing for a horse to work well, its quite another to compare him to grade one winner.

boldruler
06-06-2006, 05:30 PM

I was in the Barbaro camp and actually though SNS would win the derby but I can assure you from people inside the game I have heard Showing Up loves the turf. He is bred to run on it much more so than the dirt. You have to remember that Showing Up has a huge class edge on that horse. I don't think SU is as good as English Channel, not even close but the people at the track just said he looked better than anyone else going over the surface yesterday. This Kip Deville is nothing special. He won a race on a soft turf and he has been destroyed by good horses when he ran against them. I don't see how you can put the two in the same category. Kip Deville was destroyed on a firm course in a 40K stakes race at Remington Park. His other effort on a firm course was in a 15K allowance race. Did Oracle buy this horse for Dutrow or something? I can't believe we are comparing the two. Most people on this site have never even heard of Kip Deville.

boldruler
06-06-2006, 05:30 PM
What you said, times two. I wish I had a buck for every trainer and owner who had told me that their horse worked awesome on the grass and then tried it and photoed with the ambulance. Its one thing for a horse to work well, its quite another to compare him to grade one winner.

Did you buy this horse for Dutrow?

oracle80
06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Did you buy this horse for Dutrow?
No, I have nothing whatsoever to do with him, nothing, zero. I think Mohammed worked the deal.

boldruler
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
No, I have nothing whatsoever to do with him, nothing, zero. I think Mohammed worked the deal.

What is your opinion if they really paid $500K for the horse? I don't see it unless they just think these million dollar races are up for grabs. None of these horses come the fall will be able to make any real money on the grass with the exception of these two races and one at arlington.

oracle80
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM
What is your opinion if they really paid $500K for the horse? I don't see it unless they just think these million dollar races are up for grabs. None of these horses come the fall will be able to make any real money on the grass with the exception of these two races and one at arlington.

I was aware of the horse and have to admit the reason I never fished around on him was that I wasnt really that high on him.
That being said, IEAH is great bunch of folks, and I have been lucky enough to buy some horses that they bought. Rick is as good as they come, and I hope with all my heart that I was wrong not to consider him a horse I was interested in. I hope he wins the stakes race at Colonial.

mp3
06-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Kip D will be no more than 4 or 5 to one in the race. The race he won was an exceptional performance. The key was how he did it. RD will improve this horse on an effort that was good enough already. I strongly feel you are going to eat your words. I hear these guys at ieah know what they are doing and they win often and have a scary stable. Reah there website....www.ieah.com. not many guys in there with horse backgrounds so they must have some key guys finding horses for them.

oracle80
06-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Kip D will be no more than 4 or 5 to one in the race. The race he won was an exceptional performance. The key was how he did it. RD will improve this horse on an effort that was good enough already. I strongly feel you are going to eat your words. I hear these guys at ieah know what they are doing and they win often and have a scary stable. Reah there website....www.ieah.com. not many guys in there with horse backgrounds so they must have some key guys finding horses for them.

Mike Iavarone is a good guy, and a sharp guy as well. Like i said I think Mohammed handled this one. But I wish them all the luck in the world, and hope to be in one of those pictures with them with WOnder lady Anne L this year.

mp3
06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I saw that you mentioned wonder lady..I saw on there site she is running in the acorn. What a great day to win a race like that!!!!

Exceller
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM

I prefer West Point but IEAH has some really nice horses. That new horse isn't one of them though. We don't even know who else might go in that race but if Showing Up, Stream Cat and Kip Deville are the big names, scratch that because nobody even knows who Kip Deville is, but if Showing Up and Stream Cat go, either Showing Up likes the turf and wins by 10 or Stream Cat wins. I guess if it pours Kip Deville has a shot. Crazy buy for a horse that has one good win over a swamp. Why they bought that horse is beyond me.

mp3
06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
horse beat the same horse stream cat beat in his last race. Kip beat wait in line by 7.5 and stream cat beat the same horse by onlt 1.25....interesting.

Exceller
06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
horse beat the same horse stream cat beat in his last race. Kip beat wait in line by 7.5 and stream cat beat the same horse by onlt 1.25....interesting.

I guess. Looks like he dodged him in the last race. Not that impressed by either but I think others are coming. We just haven't heard yet. Right now I would take my shot with Showing Up. Gritty horse.

oracle80
06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Pletcher will have at least one there as well.

Cunningham Racing
06-06-2006, 11:29 PM

I've seen Kip Deville run, and despite the fast that he'll improve for Dutrow like every other horse does (for whatever reason), Showing Up is a FAR better colt than Kip Deville and will crush him if he gets over the turf okay and I believe the turf won't be a huge obstacle for this son of Strategic Mission..

boldruler
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I've seen Kip Deville run, and despite the fast that he'll improve for Dutrow like every other horse does (for whatever reason), Showing Up is a FAR better colt than Kip Deville and will crush him if he gets over the turf okay and I believe the turf won't be a huge obstacle for this son of Strategic Mission..

I am no pedigree expert but I have been told by people he should love the turf. If he is 90% of the horse he was on the dirt he will walk all over these horses. I was told all spring that Barbaro was a far superior horse to Showing Up but that Showing Up would make a big jump up in the summer/fall once he got a few races under his belt. I know they were shocked at how well he ran in the derby considering it was his 4th race and he missed some training time with injuries.

oracle80
06-07-2006, 09:17 AM
I saw that you mentioned wonder lady..I saw on there site she is running in the acorn. What a great day to win a race like that!!!!

Well I don't know if she will win, but thanks for the wishes. Very anxiously awaiting the entries. I have never purchased a grade one winner for a client up to this point. It would be a very big deal to me. Lets see how how the draw and entries come out and then we will go over her chances.

zippyneedsawin
06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Good luck with Wonder Lady.. I hope she draws a good post. Any idea how many will be entered in the Acorn?

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-07-2006, 10:20 AM
IMO, Showing Up is the horse to beat.

Exceller
06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Well I don't know if she will win, but thanks for the wishes. Very anxiously awaiting the entries. I have never purchased a grade one winner for a client up to this point. It would be a very big deal to me. Lets see how how the draw and entries come out and then we will go over her chances.

I think she has a shot if the track is dry. Good luck.

oracle80
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I think she has a shot if the track is dry. Good luck.
I think so as well, I doubt Rick would run her in the slop though. Thanks.

boldruler
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Kip Deville coming out of post 14. Good luck.

mp3
06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
they certainly did not draw well. I feel that it won't make that much of a difference because they have such a long run to the first turn