PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hoffman’s 2010 Breeder’s Cup Selections - DAY #2

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Turf

Mantoba (#3) – one of many Europeans invaders, this one was supplement to the race and comes off a one mile score on the weeds in Britain, trainer very crafty when shipping stateside.

Master of Hounds (#5) – accomplished well bred two year old runner may have a class edge over his opponents here, tough to separate this two picks.

Exotic & multi-race runners: Banned – Pluck – Dux Scholar

Breeder’s Cup Sprint

Girolamo (#2) – makes third start off layoff after winning at Belmont Park last time out, not the most “sound” of animals…..but, lives up to his breeding when he runs, a favorite of mine!

Wise Dan (#3) – lightly raced three year old gelding brings three race win streak into this event, could be any kind and is a price here!

Exotic & multi-race runners: Big Drama – Atta Boy Roy - Pashito the Che

Breeder’s Cup Turf Sprint

Grand Adventure (#11) even effort in last start at Woodbine going six furlongs on the turf, wheels right back and shortens up a bit, love his morning line odds & hope to get near that in wide open event.

Rose Catherine (#9) – brilliant 3 yr.old filly seeks fourth straight turf sprinting, has a lot of talent and takes on the older boys today, can you say Very Subtle on the grass????

Exotic & multi-race runners: Silver Timber – Chamberlain Bridge – Bridgetown

Breeder’s Cup Juvenile

UNCLE MO (#7) - the talk of the two year old crop off his first two starts, one at Saratoga and the in the Champagne Stakes at Belmont Park, for now…..he’s the best juvenile and the “horse to beat” today at short odds.

Rogue Romance (#9) – if I’m taking the “chalk” on top here, then I’m this longshot that is racing first time dirt underneath him, interesting spot for this son of Smarty Jones from connections who do well in Kentucky.

Exotic & multi-race runners: Boys At Tosconova – Stay Thirsty – Biondetti

Breeder’s Cup Mile

Goldikova (#10) – the European “Queen” is trying to make history by winning this race for the third straight year in a row, she’s better than ever & may upstage our own “Queen” today in victory.

Gio Ponti (#3) – runner-up in last year’s BC Classic, stays on the grass this year and goes a flat mile, this spot is better than the Classic this year & has only one obstacle in his way…..

Exotic & multi-race runners: Sidney’s Candy – Proviso – Paco Boy

Breeder’s Cup Dirt Mile

Here Comes Ben (#5) – stretches out to the mile distance after three straight wins going seven furlongs, this runner likes Churchill Downs and I’m dedicating this Ben to the late Ben Johnson who lost his brave battle with cancer this past week.

Vineyard Haven (#12) - this Godolphin runner has been lightly raced this year and may be going his best distance today, a must use in your exotic plays

Exotic & multi-race runners: Morning Line – Thiskyhasnolimit - Hurricane Ike

Breeder’s Cup Turf

Workforce (#6) – lightly raced three year old won France’s biggest race; the Arc last time out, wheels right back and faces less opponents totaled today by half than he did in his last start. ***SCRATCHED***

Champ Pegasus (#1) – California based turf marathon runner has been consistent since breaking his maiden in April, lightly raced & continues to improve, price here???

Exotic & multi-race runners: Winchester – Behkabad – Al Khali

Breeder’s Cup Classic

Blame (#5) – winner of this year’s Whitney Stakes at Saratoga, he returns to his hometown track for his final career start, I’ve been a big fan of this horse this year and have gone on record saying he’ll win this race, he stops the streak……

Zenyatta (#8) – so here it goes…..history can be made today if this mare wins her 20th straight victory, it will be a tough road racing on a surface she has never been on before and a field that is her toughest yet, with that said; I’ll pick her 2nd……but, will be rooting for her if she is charging down the stretch late, she is OUR queen!

Exotic & multi-race runners: Musket Man – Quality Road - Lookin' At Lucky