PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hoffman’s 2010 Breeder’s Cup Selections – day #1 “Ladies Day”

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Breeder’s Cup Marathon

Bright Horizon (#9) – the Euros have won the first two runnings of this race and this trainer won it last year, longshots are the key here with the favorites vulnerable, I’ve got the first two runnings right…..hoping to extend the streak to three!

Alcomo (#10) – this Brazilian bred shows two good efforts going this marathon distance, can sit the perfect stalking trip, a must use in exotics.

Exotic & multi-race runners : Atoned – Awesome Gem – Eldaafer

Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf

Winter Memories (#7) – this regally bred turf runner has been explosive in her two lifetime starts, has the makings of a future superstar.

Kathmanblu (#4) – won impressively last time out at Keeneland in overnight stake, another with great potential.

Exotic & multi-race runners : Together – More Than Real – New Normal

Breeder’s Cup Filly & Mare Sprint

Sara Louise (#2) – this Godolphin runner returned to the races after a ten month layoff with a sharp closing move for third, this lightly raced filly may get overlooked in the wagering at a price.

Rightly So (#13) – this hard hitting NY bred has finished no worst than 3rd in 11 lifetime starts, has speed and is perfect at this seven furlong distance. ***SCRATCHED***

Exotic & multi-race runners : Evening Jewel – Champagne d’Oro – Secret Gypsy

Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Fillies

R Heat Lightning (#3) – closed ground as the favorite in the one mile Frizette at Belmont Park last time out, the sixteenth of a mile more should be no problem.

Awesome Feather (#4) – undefeated & a perfect 5 for 5 at Calder, an eight length winner at this distance last time out, gets the “acid” test today, but these type Calder runners do well this time of the year.

Exotic & multi-race runners : Believe in A.P. – AZ Warrior - Joyful Victory

Breeder’s Cup Filly & Mare Turf

Midday (#7) – winner of this race last year has held her form well since then, trying to become the first back-to-back winner in this event.

Miss Keller (#3) – I’ve had a “love / hate” affair with this filly since she came stateside at Saratoga last summer, couldn’t win with her last year & she has beaten me this year, her current form makes her contender in this race and we’ll see if I can catch her this time!

Exotic & multi-race runners : Keertana – Shared Account – Together Forever

Breeder’s Cup Ladies Classic

BLIND LUCK (#10) – this superstar three year old filly is my BEST BET on today’s card and has been brilliant all across the country this year, won over the course in the Kentucky Oaks at the wire, the faster the pace….the better!

Life At Ten (#1) – bounced back in her last start after a dull effort at Saratoga versus Rachel Alexandra, the best older mare this year figures to be right there again.

Exotic & multi-race runners : Harve de Grace – Unrivaled Belle – Acting Happy

fpsoxfan
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Good luck Hoffy! See you tomorrow!

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Don Mattingly with the little grey thing under his lip......... ;)

Hickory Hill Hoff
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Your right.......DON'T GET IT!

and NEVER did! :zz:

;)