PDA

View Full Version : BC coverage, print version

my miss storm cat
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I thought it might be fun (hey wait isn't that the kiss of death to preface a thread that way?) to talk about coverage.

I haven't noticed any Derbyesque stories... you know, the feel good features about the connections and what dying child is somehow part of the story (that was terrible. I will burn in hell) or the tragic figure the horse was named for.

Can't wait for the pieces with all the mistakes by the non-racing writers, etc.

This is my favorite person to read...

Dave Ord and thank God he is here...

(This one is okay. He is brilliant on racedays though).

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/breederscup2010/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/10/11/02/manual_141038.html

Who do you like? Respect? Read? Hate? Wish were dead?

What pieces have you seen that made you cry cause they were so touching or cause they were so damned bad?

Anything in the local papers?

Who should there be a story about who isn't getting any attention?

Clip-Clop
11-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I thought it might be fun (hey wait isn't that the kiss of death to preface a thread that way?) to talk about coverage.

I haven't noticed any Derbyesque stories... you know, the feel good features about the connections and what dying child is somehow part of the story (that was terrible. I will burn in hell) or the tragic figure the horse was named for.

Can't wait for the pieces with all the mistakes by the non-racing writers, etc.

This is my favorite person to read...

Dave Ord and thank God he is here...

(This one is okay. He is brilliant on racedays though).

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/breederscup2010/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/10/11/02/manual_141038.html

Who do you like? Respect? Read? Hate? Wish were dead?

What pieces have you seen that made you cry cause they were so touching or cause they were so damned bad?

Anything in the local papers?

Who should there be a story about who isn't getting any attention?

Blind Luck. Over and over again. She is the horse that deserves all the accolades that are getting heaped all over Z. What a great story hers is too. The horse nobody wanted. Excellent stuff.

RockHardTen1985
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
[/B]

Blind Luck. Over and over again. She is the horse that deserves all the accolades that are getting heaped all over Z. What a great story hers is too. The horse nobody wanted. Excellent stuff.

Blind Luck up to this point deserves more accolades then Z?
I strongly disagree.

Clip-Clop
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Blind Luck up to this point deserves more accolades then Z?
I strongly disagree.

Done a whole lot more THIS YEAR

RockHardTen1985
11-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Done a whole lot more THIS YEAR

Depends on how you look at it. She has earned 400k more, in 3 more starts. Z has more Grade 1's and has clearly not lost yet.

my miss storm cat
11-04-2010, 08:09 PM
[/B]

Would you like to elaborate?

If not it's okay as I'm sure you're capping but if you have time... :)