PDA

View Full Version : Firm ground could keep Workforce from running

NTamm1215
11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Workforce was watched by trainer Sir Michael Stoute's assistant, Stuart Messenger, who expressed serious worries about the ground conditions, described officially as firm.

Speaking after the workout, Messenger said: "I'm extremely disappointed with the ground, I'm going to have a serious discussion with the boss. The horse is too valuable to risk."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/breeders-cup-workforce-still-a-doubt-after-first-kentucky-spin/784598/top/

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 09:59 AM
They're not cooperating. Run him so he's up the track, please. He won't get hurt.

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Dammit. I want a decent number on Behkabad.

Coach Pants
11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
So the horse might die if he runs. Churchill needs to boot that sissy off the grounds.

Thunder Gulch
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Seeing some rumors they aren't happy with the firm turf course. Sorry it only rained once in two months guys. This turns the Turf race upside down if true.

The Indomitable DrugS
11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Didn't he win the English Derby in track record time on ground labeled "Good-to-firm" .. ??

I'm going to guess the ground was pretty damn firm that day as track records aren't set unless the surface is live.

I really hate having to listen to all of these retarded Europeans every year. The content of what they say is almost always utter crap - but they sure do have a fancy colorful and smart sounding way of saying utter nonsense.

Indian Charlie
11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Didn't he win the English Derby in track record time on ground labeled "Good-to-firm" .. ??

I'm going to guess the ground was pretty damn firm that day as track records aren't set unless the surface is live.

I really hate having to listen to all of these retarded Europeans every year. The content of what they say is almost always utter crap - but they sure do have a fancy colorful and smart sounding way of saying utter nonsense.

I agree. This is complete nonsense and this is either an attempt to say something is wrong with him, or they are blowing smoke up peoples asses for some other reason. Probably something along the lines of showing how great a horse he is if he wins over a course he 'hates'.

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM

I've been saying this for a while - they have a much less analytical way of looking at the races. . .

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
:baby:

Thunder Gulch
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Dammit. I want a decent number on Behkabad.

Me too...here comes 8/5

OldDog
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
So the horse might die if he runs. Churchill needs to boot that sissy off the grounds.

More dark "humor." I'm starting to get it. I guess.

I listened to Steve and the group talking about this on ATR a little while ago. None of them seemed to have a problem with the connections pulling Workforce from the race because of the surface. It's up to the connections to decide what's best for their horse.

RockHardTen1985
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
This would ruin a lot of my plans.

Coach Pants
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
More dark "humor." I'm starting to get it. I guess.

I listened to Steve and the group talking about this on ATR a little while ago. None of them seemed to have a problem with the connections pulling Workforce from the race because of the surface. It's up to the connections to decide what's best for their horse.
It weirds me out that old people are using the internet.

OldDog
11-02-2010, 10:59 AM
It weirds me out that old people are using the internet.

:D