PDA

View Full Version : Haynesfield

scat daddy
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
With Haynesfield putting a nice breezing half in 50. 1/5 and having top connections does he stand a shot? Not sure what to make of the JCGC and his 107 Beyer which may set him up for a bounce? He surely will not have it alone on the front end in the Classic...or will he?

As always appreciate any all comments from you all.

Scat

knickslions2
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
With Haynesfield putting a nice breezing half in 50. 1/5 and having top connections does he stand a shot? Not sure what to make of the JCGC and his 107 Beyer which may set him up for a bounce? He surely will not have it alone on the front end in the Classic...or will he?

As always appreciate any all comments from you all.

Scat

I would think the pace will be a little hotter then his last win. I don't see him in the top three.

Uncle Daddy
11-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Don't see him as lone speed but if they tighten up CD dirt like some past derbys, he could be tough on the lead. I see him taking some of the starch out of the pressers and close stalkers.

It's not love for me but something to like or to fatten up an exacta or tri under IMO.

my miss storm cat
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
No.

santana
11-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I hope not...wont use him anywhere on top.

chucklestheclown
11-02-2010, 04:39 AM
He'll be in my super(s).

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 06:34 AM
He's not my top choice but I can't toss him with the way he's come to hand this year. Word is he's been training great and in a Classic field this weak, you have to include the hot horse IMO.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 07:08 AM
From Mike Welsch

Work of the day:

Haynesfield (Classic, four furlongs in 50 seconds): The final time was less important than the manner in which the Jockey Club Gold Cup winner went about this easy half-mile breeze. Breaking off about two jumps from the pole rather than taking the long run up that’s common place before any nongate work, Haynesfield completed his opening eighth-mile in 13.05, and with exercise rider Cesare Chavez grabbing into him a couple of times around the turn went an opening quarter in a pedestrian 25.96. He proceeded to shade 25 seconds for the final quarter while just cruising along on his own courage and then did his best running in the gallop out from the wire to the seven-eighths pole, tugging his rider through another furlong in 12.55 while striding out smoothly and effortlessly around the bend. He has made a good appearance all week and appears to really be flourishing coming up to Breeders’ Cup Day.

The Devil
11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
That horse had more machines and wires hooked up to him yesterday than I have ever seen in my life .

I would like to know if they do this to him all the time or just started this.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 08:19 AM
That horse had more machines and wires hooked up to him yesterday than I have ever seen in my life .

I would like to know if they do this to him all the time or just started this.

What kind of machines? like therapy type stuff?

The Devil
11-02-2010, 08:22 AM
What kind of machines? like therapy type stuff?

No one is talking. Trying to find that out.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 08:45 AM
No one is talking. Trying to find that out.

Didn't you see him?

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Not in my plans. There is enough speed signed on to discount IMO.

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Not in my plans. There is enough speed signed on to discount IMO.

Even though he doesn't need the lead? Are you chucking Quality Road too?

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 09:18 AM

Chucking is strong. Not using highly

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I think Haynesfield may end up being the horse a lot of people regret dismissing so quickly. I know he had it easy last time, but he still did it like a very good horse and he doesn't need the lead. I wouldn't just automatically toss the horse who won the JCGC by open lengths without at least thinking about it for a while.

Scav
11-02-2010, 09:39 AM

You really think Quality Road can get 10 furlongs?

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 09:44 AM
You really think Quality Road can get 10 furlongs?

You're not following. Randall's logic for pitching Haynesfield was the pace. So I asked if he was tossing Quality Road too, since people are generally higher on him and he's tactically similar. I prefer Haynesfield to Quality Road.

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm glad I read this thread. I'm looking at Haynesfield now and starting to really like him. He had an excuse two-back when he broke through the gate, and he's getting the exact same spacing Curlin got when he won and ran arguably the best race of his life at Monmouth - race in early August, two months off and then JCGC to BC.

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
You're not following. Randall's logic for pitching Haynesfield was the pace. So I asked if he was tossing Quality Road too, since people are generally higher on him and he's tactically similar. I prefer Haynesfield to Quality Road.

It depends on whether you think Quality Road needs the lead. I don't think he does.

pucknut
11-02-2010, 09:51 AM
its the same machine they strapped Drago to in Rocky III
the question is who is Rocky in this race??:zz:

ateamstupid
It depends on whether you think Quality Road needs the lead. I don't think he does.

He's certainly done far less rating in two-turn races than Haynesfield has.

randallscott35
He's certainly done far less rating in two-turn races than Haynesfield has.

B/c he's faster

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
B/c he's faster

http://nashath.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/circular-reasoning11.jpg

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh Joe, someday you'll learn. Nothing circular about that. Look to the pace thread Doug started to understand.

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Oh Joe, someday you'll learn. Nothing circular about that. Look to the pace thread Doug started to understand.

Don't talk down to me Rx boy. Haynesfield can't rate except when he's too slow. He'll get burned by the fast pace that he's too slow to keep up with. Quality Road can rate off the fast pace. He doesn't usually because he's too fast.

Scav
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Ok, I get it now. I am only using two horses in that race, Lookin at Lucky and Blame, but it isn't one of my preferred betting races so I will be light within the race unless the day is going really really well.

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Don't talk down to me Rx boy. Haynesfield can't rate except when he's too slow. He'll get burned by the fast pace that he's too slow to keep up with. Quality Road can rate off the fast pace. He doesn't usually because he's too fast.

Look to the pace thread Doug started to understand.

knickslions2
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Ok, I get it now. I am only using two horses in that race, Lookin at Lucky and Blame, but it isn't one of my preferred betting races so I will be light within the race unless the day is going really really well.

Lucky is very dangerous in this race. He can steal this off Blame and Zenyatta

pucknut
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
look at the performance figures at chef-de-race.com
the top four are fairly evenly matched

Arletta
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
look at the performance figures at chef-de-race.com
the top four are fairly evenly matched

How does that work? What do you look for?

ateamstupid
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
How does that work? What do you look for?

You look at the word dosage and close the browser.

randallscott35
11-02-2010, 01:21 PM

:tro:

Indian Charlie
11-02-2010, 01:26 PM

Oh, I don't know about that.

I'd certainly like to know what dosages the trainers of these horses are going to be using.

pucknut
11-02-2010, 01:26 PM
knowledge is power
its another tool Dr Romans picked this years derby winner and has several times in the past
the higher the negative number the better the performance
check out the site its impressive

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Everything on that site is worthless.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
knowledge is power
its another tool Dr Romans picked this years derby winner and has several times in the past
the higher the negative number the better the performance
check out the site its impressive

Thank you.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Everything on that site is worthless.

What do you base this on?

hockey2315
11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
What do you base this on?

First off, he's the dosage guy. . . so assuming he can do anything else competently is a stretch. Also, all you have to do is look at the figures to see that there's something way off with them.

Arletta
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
First off, he's the dosage guy. . . so assuming he can do anything else competently is a stretch. Also, all you have to do is look at the figures to see that there's something way off with them.

o.k.. I don't have time to figure that stuff out anyway come Friday/Saturday, so I won't waste my time trying. (Best of luck to Puck though.)

pucknut
11-02-2010, 03:10 PM
He usually give a race analysis it will be out thursday or friday if he does one
like i said its more information
to say everything on the site is worthless is a wee bit of an overstatement:rolleyes:
Romans has a Phd , is respected,has novel ideas and dosage is not all bunk