PDA

View Full Version : BC Moves: Awesome Gem to Marathon; Tropic Storm to D/Mile

Kasept
10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
MARTY MCGEE (DRF): Trainer David Carroll announced Friday that Acoma, winner of the Grade 1 Juddmonte Spinster Stakes here last weekend, will indeed make the final start of her career in the Nov. 5 Breeders’ Cup Distaff at Churchill Downs. Owners Helen Groves and Helen Alexander were all but settled on retiring Acoma until she captured the Spinster at 23-1.

STEVE ANDERSON (DRF): Acaffella underwent surgery on Monday after being diagnosed with a hairline fracture of a cannon bone following a fifth-place finish in the Grade 1 Norfolk Stakes on Oct. 2. Trainer Richard Mandella said that during the surgery Acaffella had a stabilizing screw placed in the cannon bone. Acaffella was being considered for the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf at Churchill Downs on Nov. 6.

Kasept
10-15-2010, 05:37 PM
STEVE ANDERSON (DRF): Where’s the Remote, the runner-up in the Grade 1 Clement Hirsch Turf Championship at Hollywood Park on Oct. 3, may be bound for the Breeders’ Cup after all. Trainer Mike Mitchell is considering a start in the $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon over 1 3/4 miles on the main track at Churchill Downs on Nov. 6 for the 4-year-old gelding. “My gut feeling is I will work him twice here and that will tell us what to do,” Mitchell said. “I want to run him in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Marathon, but I don’t want to waste my guy’s money.”

Alan07
10-17-2010, 02:42 PM
STEVE ANDERSON (DRF): Rigoletta, the winner of the Grade 1 Oak Leaf Stakes at Hollywood Park on Oct. 3, will miss the Juvenile Fillies at Churchill Downs on Nov. 5 because of a splint injury, trainer Dan Hendricks said on Sunday.

Indian Charlie
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm glad horses never get injured over synthetic.

tjfla
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
DRF.com

Twirling Candy is skipping the BC and Awesome Gem is possible for the Classic(Depends on workouts this week)

knickslions2
10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
DRF.com

Twirling Candy is skipping the BC and Awesome Gem is possible for the Classic(Depends on workouts this week)

Good saves me money

RockHardTen1985
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
DRF.com

Why not take a shot in the Dirt Mile with TC if he is doing OK?

Kasept
10-18-2010, 10:59 AM
AT THE RACES WITH STEVE BYK (SiriusXM): Redwood not moving on to BC Turf after 3rd in Pattison Saturday according to Garrett O'Rourke of Juddmonte on ATR Monday.. Paddy O'Prado for the Classic termed a 'possibility' by Dale Romans to me Sunday.. Mad Flatter arrived safely back to Keeneland in excellent shape Monday morning (9am) according to Jeff Thornbury on ATR, and appears likely for a try in the Dirt Mile on the track where he broke his maiden..

knickslions2
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Why not take a shot in the Dirt Mile with TC if he is doing OK?

Thought thats where he would go for sure. Seems to be the right distance and race for him. They have have very cautious with this horse.

NTamm1215
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Paddy O'Prado for the Classic termed a 'possibility' by Dale Romans to me Sunday..[/I]

Is the 20 day forecast for rain?

randallscott35
10-18-2010, 11:03 AM

They'll have to sprout fins to get to him.

RockHardTen1985
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
AT THE RACES WITH STEVE BYK (SiriusXM): Redwood not moving on to BC Turf after 3rd in Pattison Saturday according to Garrett O'Rourke of Juddmonte on ATR Monday.. Paddy O'Prado for the Classic termed a 'possibility' by Dale Romans to me Sunday..

Im not sure the Classic is a bad idea at all. He cant win the turf, I doubt he can even run 1-2-3. Why not take a shot for more $?

tjfla
10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Thought thats where he would go for sure. Seems to be the right distance and race for him. They have have very cautious with this horse.

For (DRF)
Twirling Candy will await Strub series

The Breeders’ Cup races will not feature Twirling Candy, trainer John Sadler indicated on Saturday.

Twirling Candy was fourth as the favorite in his stakes debut against older horses in the Goodwood Stakes, and will be pointed for the Strub series for 4-year-olds of 2011 at Santa Anita this winter.

The first leg of the Strub series is the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes over seven furlongs for 3-year-olds on Dec. 26. Twirling Candy has won 4 of 5 starts, including two turf stakes for 3-year-olds at Del Mar – the Oceanside Stakes and Del Mar Derby.

knickslions2
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
For (DRF)
Twirling Candy will await Strub series

The Breeders’ Cup races will not feature Twirling Candy, trainer John Sadler indicated on Saturday.

Twirling Candy was fourth as the favorite in his stakes debut against older horses in the Goodwood Stakes, and will be pointed for the Strub series for 4-year-olds of 2011 at Santa Anita this winter.

The first leg of the Strub series is the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes over seven furlongs for 3-year-olds on Dec. 26. Twirling Candy has won 4 of 5 starts, including two turf stakes for 3-year-olds at Del Mar – the Oceanside Stakes and Del Mar Derby.

Thanks for the info. I've liked this horse from Day1. This sounds right for him.

Clip-Clop
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
They'll have to sprout fins to get to him.

:tro:

Indian Charlie
10-18-2010, 12:33 PM

If there is, at least the turf course will still be firm.

If it was in Europe at least.

tjfla
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
(Haskin and Downey Profile)

Thiskyhasnolimit, winner of the 2009 Grade III Iroquois Stakes at Churchill, is a 3-year-old that may go in the Dirt Mile. He worked five furlongs in 1:01.00 (3/44).

Astrology, who's being pointed to the Juvenile, went in 1:01.80 (11/44), breezing.

tjfla
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Atta Boy Roy is a confirmed for the Dirt Sprint after he told his trainer "No grass and don’t run me in the Turf Sprint":D

Gotta love these trainers who can speak to their horses

Cannon Shell
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Im not sure the Classic is a bad idea at all. He cant win the turf, I doubt he can even run 1-2-3. Why not take a shot for more $?

I was going to say the exact opposite

Alan07
10-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Filly & Mare Sprint likely to precede BC Distaff...

Travis Stone
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Paddy O Prado couldn't beat Winchester, who needs a big step-up to beat the B horses coming over from Europe. At least in the Classic he'll have pace... I can see them taking a shot.

I hate throwing a blanket over all Euros in any race, but the Turf division here is really, really weak.

freddymo
10-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Paddy O Prado couldn't beat Winchester, who needs a big step-up to beat the B horses coming over from Europe. At least in the Classic he'll have pace... I can see them taking a shot.

I hate throwing a blanket over all Euros in any race, but the Turf division here is really, really weak.

When was it Really Really strong? The stock is gone and the industry breeds for speed on dirt. Who breeds a mare to turf stallion? Even Stormy Atlantic a terriffic US based stallion doesnt get the commericial success you would think. All the best grass mares are shipped abroad save a few based with the super elite US based owners. While the advent of the juvy BC grass races has spurred a smattering of interest back in grass stock, most of the decent stock is still gobbled up and shipped and bred to propper stallions in Europe.

Kasept
10-19-2010, 12:39 PM
SHUBACK (DRF): Workout Saturday (10/23) will determine if Stoute sends Workforce to the Turf. Gosden appears to now want to send 6yo Tazeez to the Turf after solid effort at Newmarket last week..

Kasept
10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
STEVE HASKIN (B-H): Tom Amoss trained Falling Knife went a half mile in company as he prepares for a try for owner Seth Klarman (Klaravich Stables) in the Marathon..

randallscott35
10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
STEVE HASKIN (B-H): Tom Amoss trained Falling Knife went a half mile in company as he prepares for a try for owner Seth Klarman (Klaravich Stables) in the Marathon..

That's a great name for a horse.

hockey2315
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
That's a great name for a horse.

They name every horse after a finance term. . . It's kind of annoying.

randallscott35
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
They name every horse after a finance term. . . It's kind of annoying.

Not for someone who teaches econ...but it is better than Karakorum Shitbrick or whatever they are up to at this point.

hockey2315
10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I just find them sort of redundant. . . even if they're all different terms. If I were those guys, I'm not sure I'd want to make it known that I'm in the business of managing money, considering how they manage their stable.

randallscott35
10-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I just find them sort of redundant. . . even if they're all different terms. If I were those guys, I'm not sure I'd want to make it known that I'm in the business of managing money, considering how they manage their stable.

Agreed...Finance people have inflated egos generally therefore it is not surprising that they would choose whatever terms people will recognize in that world.

NTamm1215
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM

I laughed. Amazing how the business plan of over-paying for 2YOs who go quickly at auctions works out.

Alan07
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
ANDERSON (DRF): Richard’s Kid, the winner of the Pacific Classic and Goodwood Stakes in his last two starts, will not start in the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Churchill Downs on Nov. 6, and he will be sent to Dubai for racing this winter, trainer Bob Baffert said on Tuesday.

brockguy
10-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Hopefully Workforce comes over as I think he is a huge bet against...

randallscott35
10-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Hopefully Workforce comes over as I think he is a huge bet against...

i agree

hockey2315
10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Me too.

Kasept
10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
STEVE BYK (At the Races, SiriusXM): Carla Gaines confirmed Tuesday that B. Wayne Hughes' Temple City will go to Churchill Downs to compete in the Breeders' Cup Marathon..

Indian Charlie
10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
You guys crazy?

Workforce should stomp these.

lemoncrush
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
STEVE BYK (At the Races, SiriusXM): Carla Gaines confirmed Tuesday that Temple City will go to Churchill Downs to compete in the Breeders' Cup Marathon..

This is one race I might not even attempt to handicap. I honestly haven't even heard of most of the runners rumored to go, and I can't imagine many have competed at the BC Marathon distance before coming into the race.

NTamm1215
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
STEVE BYK (At the Races, SiriusXM): Carla Gaines confirmed Tuesday that B. Wayne Hughes' Temple City will go to Churchill Downs to compete in the Breeders' Cup Marathon..

Was it the fact that he was beaten only 91 lengths on dirt last time out that put her over the top?

Kasept
10-19-2010, 03:58 PM
This is one race I might not even attempt to handicap. I honestly haven't even heard of most of the runners rumored to go, and I can't imagine many have competed at the BC Marathon distance before coming into the race.

I'm kind of 'involved' in the Marathon as I'm doing the write-up for it and the Mile again this year for the Xpressbet BC Wagering Guide...

It looks like it's going to be an interesting edition.

Kasept
10-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Was it the fact that he was beaten only 91 lengths on dirt last time out that put her over the top?

No performance over the Hawthorne surface deserves to discount a horse's chances elsewhere.

blackthroatedwind

Are you going to start referring to yourself in the third person?

hockey2315
I think it's going to be very hard handicapping the Euros in the Marathon considering the fact that the race will be run on dirt.

Kasept
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Are you going to start referring to yourself in the third person?

We will get back to you on that..

Kasept
10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
The Usual Q.T. will NOT run in the Mile; Dancing in Silks set to try to defend as Sprint winner..

tjfla
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
{DRF}

Aside from Blind Luck, Rosario’s list of expected mounts includes Champ Pegasus in the Turf, Jordy Y in the Juvenile Fillies, Sidney’s Candy in the Mile, Supreme Summit in the Sprint, Switch in the Filly and Mare Sprint, and possibly Harmonious in the Filly and Mare Turf.

Joel Rosario's expected mounts

lemoncrush
10-19-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm kind of 'involved' in the Marathon as I'm doing the write-up for it and the Mile again this year for the Xpressbet BC Wagering Guide...

It looks like it's going to be an interesting edition.

The fact that it's part of the pk4 and pk6 makes it essential to look at. I mean, what on earth is a horse like atoned doing in a bc race? Maybe there will be several easy horses to toss.

Indian Charlie
10-19-2010, 05:02 PM
The Usual Q.T. will NOT run in the Mile

Cassidy is such a tard.

Where's he going to run him, in the dirt sprint?

Or is he waiting for the HP turf festival?

randallscott35
10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
{DRF}

Aside from Blind Luck, Rosario’s list of expected mounts includes Champ Pegasus in the Turf, Jordy Y in the Juvenile Fillies, Sidney’s Candy in the Mile, Supreme Summit in the Sprint, Switch in the Filly and Mare Sprint, and possibly Harmonious in the Filly and Mare Turf.

Joel Rosario's expected mounts

Vic = :eek:

Kasept
10-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Cassidy is such a tard.

Where's he going to run him, in the dirt sprint?

Or is he waiting for the HP turf festival?

Cal Cup.

chucklestheclown
10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
ANDERSON (DRF): Richard’s Kid, the winner of the Pacific Classic and Goodwood Stakes in his last two starts, will not start in the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Churchill Downs on Nov. 6, and he will be sent to Dubai for racing this winter, trainer Bob Baffert said on Tuesday.
That's too bad.

NTamm1215
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Cal Cup.

Seriously? His handling of this horse has baffled me for quite some time with the Sunshine Millions race and the Pacific Classic being the most amazing.

It seems like he really thinks he's not that good and I don't get it because he was deserving of a shot in the Mile, even if he was a 15-1 shot.

Indian Charlie
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Cal Cup.

I think he'd make some noise in the mile. Win? Maybe not, but he'd cash a check.

Kasept
10-20-2010, 07:40 AM
THOROUGHBRED DAILY NEWS: Steve Margolis continuing to consider Klein family's Cash Refund for the Sprint and Due Date for the Turf Sprint..

Kasept
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
DOGWOOD STABLE: Cot Campbell has announced the decision to run Aikenite, most recently seen winning a Keeneland allowance Friday in which he equaled the track record, in the BC Dirt Mile. Garrett Gomez has agreed to ride..

Coach Pants
10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
DOGWOOD STABLE: Cot Campbell has announced the decision to run Aikenite, most recently seen winning a Keeneland allowance, in the BC Dirt Mile..
http://www.misanthropicgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/good-grief-charlie-brown1.jpg

randallscott35
10-20-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.misanthropicgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/good-grief-charlie-brown1.jpg
All it takes is an entry fee and a dream.

Sightseek
10-20-2010, 10:08 AM
He ran an ok race in the Derby Trial..

cakes44
10-20-2010, 10:15 AM

Mine that Bird ran an ok race in the Kentucky Derby. Those two will be turding around the back of the pack in this one and make absolutely no impact whatsoever.

tjfla
10-20-2010, 10:16 AM

Has anyone heard about Hurricane Ike or A Little Warm in the Dirt Mile?

Also is Gone Astray running? He won a Win and U are in race however heard nothing

tjfla
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Downey Profile

Two horses from trainer Mark Casse’s Canada-based stable arrived at Churchill Downs for possible Breeders’ Cup engagements: John Oxley’s Delightful Mary (Juvenile Fillies) and WinStar Farm’s Blue Laser (Juvenile). The horses are stabled in Barn 17.

Scav
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM

I'm surprised by the response Coach. Being one turn, I don't think he is impossible as he is a nice horse, just been mismanaged

Coach Pants
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm surprised by the response Coach. Being one turn, I don't think he is impossible as he is a nice horse, just been mismanaged
I'll probably be wrong but tossing most of the horses on the Keeneland main is my strategy.

NTamm1215
10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Everybody's all over Crown of Thorns' nuts for the Dirt MIle and he hasn't won a race since Bush was in office. Aikenite fits just fine, his one-turn races have been A-OK since the Holy Bull.

Kasept
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Mine that Bird ran an ok race in the Kentucky Derby. Those two will be turding around the back of the pack in this one and make absolutely no impact whatsoever.

That's not really a fair comparison. Aikenite just equaled a track record in an impressive ALW win Friday which earned a 97 Beyer. He's Churchill based and makes as much sense as an inclusion in the D/Mile as anyone else.

Why not run? He's obviously doing well. We can't have it both ways... By that I mean we criticize when connections don't run their horse but simultaneously criticize when they DO run them. You run them when they're 'doing good'..

randallscott35
10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
That's not really a fair comparison. Aikenite just equaled a track record in an impressive ALW win Friday which earned a 97 Beyer. He's Churchill based and makes as much sense as an inclusion in the D/Mile as anyone else.

Why not run? He's obviously doing well. We can't have it both ways... By that I mean we criticize when connections don't run their horse but simultaneously criticize when they DO run them. You run them when they're 'doing good'..

This is fair. I just don't understand his management this entire year from turf experiments to the constant stretchouts....that's all.

NTamm1215
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
This is fair. I just don't understand his management this entire year from turf experiments to the constant stretchouts....that's all.

I agree with this for sure, he's been horribly mis-managed. You would have thought he made it clear after the Derby Trial and ALW win at Belmont in June that a one-turn mile is his game but no, another route and two turf races were on tap next!

cakes44
10-20-2010, 10:52 AM

I'm not saying don't run them. I don't think anyone wants fields of 8 or 9 horses in these races. I'm just amazed that horses like these can even get into the gate at the "World Championships".

Sightseek
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Everybody's all over Crown of Thorns' nuts for the Dirt MIle and he hasn't won a race since Bush was in office. Aikenite fits just fine, his one-turn races have been A-OK since the Holy Bull.

Funny, I said that Aikenite was best making a late run on one turn in the spring and got argued with....

NTamm1215
10-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm not saying don't run them. I don't think anyone wants fields of 8 or 9 horses in these races. I'm just amazed that horses like these can even get into the gate at the "World Championships".

This just in, modern day horses suck.:)

randallscott35
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Due Date a sleeper with a chance. Peaking at the right time.

Kasept
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Funny, I said that Aikenite was best making a late run on one turn in the spring and got argued with....

They argue with you cause you're a gal and fun to rile...

(By the way.. I thought of you and were sure you were swooning with glee from the really good Juddmonte pedigree piece the other day in TDN..)

RockHardTen1985
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Bold.

hockey2315
10-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I give Aikenite a shot to at least hit the board in the mile.

Sightseek
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
They argue with you cause you're a gal and fun to rile...

(By the way.. I thought of you and were sure you were swooning with glee from the really good Juddmonte pedigree piece the other day in TDN..)

I intended to do a quick scan of that issue because I was really busy, but a certain name stuck out to me like it was in neon lights and had me reading more of the article than I had planned. :D

Scav
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I'll probably be wrong but tossing most of the horses on the Keeneland main is my strategy.

It isn't a bad strategy, I think horses that have a bad line off racing there might be decent plays off prior form, the track is like no other right now.

Alan07
10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Mike Smith will ride 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird in the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Churchill Downs, trainer D. Wayne Lukas said Wednesday morning.

Lukas said that if the Dirt Mile attracts more than the capacity 14 entrants and Mine That Bird is not selected for the field, he could run in the $100,000 Ack Ack at 1 1/16 miles on the Nov. 5 undercard.

Lukas said he also plans to run Tidal Pool in the Nov. 5 Filly & Mare Sprint and Hamazing Destiny in the Nov. 6 Sprint. Smith will ride Tidal Pool, and Terry Thompson will be on Hamazing Destiny.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20101020/SPORTS08/310200083

tjfla
10-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Mike Smith will ride 2009 Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird in the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Churchill Downs, trainer D. Wayne Lukas said Wednesday morning.

Lukas said that if the Dirt Mile attracts more than the capacity 14 entrants and Mine That Bird is not selected for the field, he could run in the $100,000 Ack Ack at 1 1/16 miles on the Nov. 5 undercard.

Lukas said he also plans to run Tidal Pool in the Nov. 5 Filly & Mare Sprint and Hamazing Destiny in the Nov. 6 Sprint. Smith will ride Tidal Pool, and Terry Thompson will be on Hamazing Destiny.

Is the Sprint gonna be allowed to have more than 14 runners?:D Right now my count is at 16

Alan07
10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Gary Yunt (CD): Ron Anderson, agent for Garrett Gomez, has four definite rides lined up for this year’s World Championships, headlined by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider’s Blame in the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic. Other confirmed Gomez mounts include Alcomo (BRZ) in the Marathon, More Than Real in the Juvenile Fillies Turf and Jessica Is Back for the Filly & Mare Sprint.

Atoned (Marathon) is one of five confirmed Breeders’ Cup mounts for Robby Albarado, according to his agent, Lenny Pike. Other Albarado mounts are First Dude (Classic), Acoma (Ladies’ Classic), Central City (Turf Sprint) and Court Vision (Turf Mile).

JerseyJ
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Excellent news that Hamazing Destiny is running in the Sprint. This is your Dancing in Silks this year. Horse thrives at Churchill Downs at the 6F trip, is as fast as anyone in this race if he brings his "A" race, and will be a square price, when there is no clear cut favorite. Yeah I am a Lukas fan, and Tidal Pool needs an Allowance race to get some confidence back, but I think Hamazing Destiny is a very live longshot this year in the Sprint.

tjfla
10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
[DRF]

The West Point Thoroughbreds syndicate and trainer Craig Dollase have two candidates for the Breeders’ Cup – Awesome Gem in the Dirt Mile and Tropic Storm in the Turf Sprint.

Alan07
10-20-2010, 06:17 PM
The brilliant Rip Van Winkle, winner of three Group 1s, including this year's Juddmonte International Stakes at York,has been retired due to a setback, it was announced on Wednesday night.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/a-p-obrien-ballydoyle-star-rip-van-winkle-retired-to-stud-after-setback/779386/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=news

tjfla
10-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Euro's are dropping like flies-either retired or going to Asia/Dubai

Still favorites but damn we have seen Poet's Vision,Makfi,RVW,Fuisse,Canford Cliffs out of the Mile and Arctic Cosmos,Fame and Glory,Redwood,Twice Over all out of the Turf

chucklestheclown
10-20-2010, 10:58 PM
http://drf.com/news/plenty-questions-surround-sidneys-candy

booner
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Due Date a sleeper with a chance. Peaking at the right time.

Agree completely. Had an eye on him since a handicap win @ Ellis in August. Will keep watching closely.

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Awaiting confirmation, but Humble and Hungry (Limehouse), who broke his maiden on the Belmont turf last week, is expected to go in the Juvenile Turf. He's trained by Ignacio Correas IV and will be ridden by Olivier Peslier.

NTamm1215
10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I wonder if Tom Proctor will look at running Banned in the Juv Turf. He won a N1X at Kee on Sunday very easily after breaking his maiden handily at Belmont.

tjfla
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/cape-blanco-fame-and-glory-a-p-obrien-obrien-pair-out-of-breeders-cup-but-back-next-year/779418/breederscup/

Cape Blanco and Fame and Glory Out

Outlining Ballydoyle's likely team for the Breeders' Cup next month, O'Brien said: "Beethoven is being aimed at the Mile and Bright Horizon will go for the Marathon. Together is under serious consideration for the Juvenile Fillies Turf, while Treasure Beach, who ran third in the Royal Lodge, may go for the Juvenile Turf.

Kasept
10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Steve Margolis on ATR Thursday: CASH REFUND, sharp sub :59 worker at KEE this morning, is a go for the Sprint.

DUE DATE would go in the Turf Sprint if he can make what is shaping up as an overflow field..

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Have we heard anything about Ravalo?

randallscott35
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Still slow

RockHardTen1985
10-21-2010, 10:24 AM

What race would he fit in?

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
He has had atrocious trips in his last two and would have a shot at a giant price in the turf sprint.

NTamm1215
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
He has had atrocious trips in his last two and would have a shot at a giant price in the turf sprint.

I liked him at Kee because he worked against the race in both of the Saratoga tries, I wouldn't really characterize the 2nd loss to Awakino Cat as an atrocious trip. Chamberlain Bridge is going to be very tough off of that trip at Keeneland.

Kasept
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Scott Lake said on ATR Thursday that Pashito the Che would run in the Sprint if he can make the field. Lake owns an enviable BC Sprint record running 2nd at 49-1 with Thunderello in 2002 (Orientate) at Arlington and 3rd with Shake You Down in 2003 (Cajun Beat) at Santa Anita.

randallscott35
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Scott Lake said on ATR Thursday that Pashito the Che would run in the Sprint if he can make the field. Lake owns an enviable BC Sprint record running 2nd at 49-1 with Thunderello in 2002 (Orientate) at Arlington and 3rd with Shake You Down in 2003 (Cajun Beat) at Santa Anita.

Super Test be damned.

Kasept
10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
I liked him at Kee because he worked against the race in both of the Saratoga tries, I wouldn't really characterize the 2nd loss to Awakino Cat as an atrocious trip. Chamberlain Bridge is going to be very tough off of that trip at Keeneland.

Central City is a horse I fear and know I'll use in the Turf Sprint...

NTamm1215
10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Central City is a horse I fear and know I'll use in the Turf Sprint...

He ran a very nice race at Keeneland and his effort in the Turf Sprint stake on Oaks day might have been the best of all of them.

The thing is Dubb owns Stradivinsky who is going to be entered solely to burn up the speed and set the table for Silver Timber.

RockHardTen1985
10-21-2010, 11:06 AM
He ran a very nice race at Keeneland and his effort in the Turf Sprint stake on Oaks day might have been the best of all of them.

The thing is Dubb owns Stradivinsky who is going to be entered solely to burn up the speed and set the table for Silver Timber.

Are you saying Stradivinsky cant win?

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 11:09 AM

When he battled through a :21.26 opening quarter and still almost won?

RockHardTen1985
10-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Thats really not that fast at Toga. Its actually about average for those races.

tjfla
10-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Maybe we will see 2 or 3 of the Sprinters try the Dirt Mile? Right now we got about 18 horses definite to 90%,which means 4 of them are out. The Dirt Mile still has 2 or 3 spots till it is full

The Indomitable DrugS
10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I never could have imagined that people would be seriously breaking down a five furlong turf sprint race like a week before it's drawn.

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Thats really not that fast at Toga. Its actually about average for those races.

Ya totally - so is a :43.46 half.

The fractions in the Troy were :22.11 and :44.71.

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I actually think Grand Adventure is the best horse in the turf sprint now that the filly isn't going. . . Not sure how he'll like 5f though.

NTamm1215
10-21-2010, 11:15 AM

25k claimers went 21.37 in the first race that day and the horse that set the pace finished a clear second. You know how firm the turf was that weekend. His effort in the Troy was much more impressive.

I could agree with the argument that he was given a poor ride at Keeneland because his jockey decided to take away his most valuable weapon, which is speed.

Scav
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I know it was said somewhere, but when are they releasing the Pre-Entries?

tjfla
10-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I know it was said somewhere, but when are they releasing the Pre-Entries?

Gotta be in by the 25th. So prolly that night

hockey2315
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
25k claimers went 21.37 in the first race that day and the horse that set the pace finished a clear second. You know how firm the turf was that weekend. His effort in the Troy was much more impressive.

I could agree with the argument that he was given a poor ride at Keeneland because his jockey decided to take away his most valuable weapon, which is speed.

He battled head-to-head with the Pletcher thing all the way around. Obviously the wise guy outlook would be to say that he was running on a crazy-fast speed-favoring course and therefore the performance wasn't as impressive. I'm not buying that - all you have to do is watch the race to realize it was a very big run with things against him.

Pedigree Ann
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Everybody knows that "World Championships" is a lie. It's just a label that some publicity flak thought sounded good. Hey, if the US/Canada baseball championship is called the "World Series"...., The Dubai carnival is closer to a World Championship than anything, because it brings together horses from the Far East, Aus/NZ, South Africa, South America, Europe, and North America at a venue that is home to none of them. The BC is lucky if they get a few decent Euros and the odd Japanese horse now and again.

Scav
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Gotta be in by the 25th. So prolly that night

Oh, I thought I read where Catalano pre-entered his fillies, but he must just be doing it early.

If they gotta be in by the 25th, then they won't release them till later in the week after they go through a bunch of paperwork and finalize everything.

Thank you for the info.

The Indomitable DrugS
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Here's my early take for the Turf Sprint...

* Five furlongs is a lot different than 6.5 furlongs like the first two editions. Spell binding take right there, I know.

* Eliminate all the horses who simply aren't very good in relation to the field

* Eliminate all the horses who's best races have come beyond 6fs on turf or on another surface

* Throwout the two or three horses that bettors will inevitably gravitate to.

* That should whittle you down to about four or so horses for multi-wins.

I generally love to single in turf races (unless I happen to hate all the short priced horses) because the tendency of the crowd seems to be to spread in these races. Especially on BC day, where you have a regional mix of locals and multiple foreign shippers.

It's a lot simpler when the edition of the Turf Sprint is at 6.5 furlongs ... my strategy last year was to simply take just two horses .. the horse I deemed the best early speed horse .. and the horse who I deemed the best closer .. and basically hope the race would be run to an extreme .. and it was .. and Cal Flag wired them. That would be a stupid strategy at 5fs though.

NTamm1215
10-21-2010, 11:36 AM
He battled head-to-head with the Pletcher thing all the way around. Obviously the wise guy outlook would be to say that he was running on a crazy-fast speed-favoring course and therefore the performance wasn't as impressive. I'm not buying that - all you have to do is watch the race to realize it was a very big run with things against him.

I think you're seriously overrating it but we can agree to disagree. The Troy was a better effort and made him a very good play in the closing day race.

Pedigree Ann
10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Turf sprint at SA was incredibly unfair to shippers from other tracks. The hillside course is so different from anything they had ever seen, as well as having to cross the main track, another strange, new thing. Horses and riders with hill experience had such a big advantage that all you had to do was handicap among them to find the winner.

parsixfarms
10-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I wonder if Tom Proctor will look at running Banned in the Juv Turf. He won a N1X at Kee on Sunday very easily after breaking his maiden handily at Belmont.

I read that they will likely enter. Getting in is another story, but in a division where the winners of the stakes races have not been particularly impressive, I agree that he could be very dangerous.

Kasept
10-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I generally love to single in turf races (unless I happen to hate all the short priced horses) because the tendency of the crowd seems to be to spread in these races. Especially on BC day, where you have a regional mix of locals and multiple foreign shippers.

I love this approach too Doug..

Additionally on the same theme, have utilized singles in the sprints in general with good results, especally recently (i.e. Midnight Lute, Ventura, Maryfield).

The Indomitable DrugS
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Hold Me Back wasn't nominated for the Gr 2 Fayette at KEE later this month.

Are they intending to run him in the dirt marathon - or is he being freshened for another spell binding campaign next year?

He's now officially my least favorite horse.

Kasept
10-21-2010, 09:39 PM
THURSDAY WORKOUTS

Court Vision *Mile Aqueduct Six Furlongs 1.20:66
Cozy Kitten Juvenile Turf Keeneland Five Furlongs 1.04:20
Girolamo Sprint Belmont Park Four Furlongs 48:85
Here Comes Ben Dirt Mile Keeneland Six Furlongs 1.12:00
Jaycito *Juvenile Hollywood Park Six Furlongs 1.12:80
Major Gain Juvenile Keeneland Five Furlongs 1.03:60
Smiling Tiger *Sprint Hollywood Park Four Furlongs 46:40
Unzip Me Turf Sprint Hollywood Park Five Furlongs 1.05:80
Willcox Inn Juvenile/Juvenile Turf Keeneland Five Furlongs 1.03:60

On the Breeders' Cup worktab

Multiple Grade 1 hero SMILING TIGER (Hold That Tiger), winner of the Ancient Title S. (G1) last out, drilled a bullet four furlongs in :46 2/5 over Hollywood Park's Cushion Track on Thursday. The Jeff Bonde trainee is readying for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1).

DANCING IN SILKS (Black Minnaloushe), who will go for a title defense in the Breeders' Cup Sprint off a sixth in the Ancient Title, logged three-quarters in 1:13 1/5.

Norfolk S. (G1) winner and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1) contender JAYCITO (Victory Gallop) covered six furlongs in 1:12 4/5.

Dual Grade 1-placed RIVETING REASON (Fusaichi Pegasus), who could try the Juvenile without a win to his name, worked five-eighths in 1:00 2/5.

Multiple Grade 3 vixen UNZIP ME (City Zip), recent winner of the Senator Ken Maddy H. (G3), strolled through five furlongs in 1:05 4/5 in advance of the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (G2).

Multiple Grade 1 veteran COURT VISION (Gulch), winner of the Woodbine Mile (Can-G1) most recently, clocked three-quarters in 1:20 3/5 on the firm turf at Aqueduct. The dark bay five-year-old is gearing up for the Breeders' Cup Mile (G1) on November 6.

ARCH SUPPORT (Arch), second in the Miss Grillo S. (G3), readied for the November 5 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G2) with a seven-furlong grass move in 1:35 3/5.

Vosburgh S. (G1) victor GIROLAMO (A.P. Indy), fifth in the Forego S. (G1) while making his seasonal bow two back, traveled four furlongs on Belmont Park's fast dirt training track in :48 4/5 for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1).

On the fast main dirt at Belmont, Grade 2 runner-up and Greenwood Cup S. fourth GABRIEL'S HILL (A.P. Indy) logged five-eighths in 1:02 in advance of the Breeders' Cup Marathon (G3) on November 5.

Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (G1) hopeful TIZWAY (Tiznow), a five-length victor of the Kelso H. (G2) and third in the Metropolitan H. (G1) in his last two, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 4/5 on Saratoga's fast Oklahoma dirt training track.

Grade 3 queen FIRST PASSAGE (Giant's Causeway), fifth in the Ballerina S. (G1) when last seen in August, covered a half-mile in :50 on Calder's fast dirt. Trainer Marty Wolfson is preparing the four-year-old lass for the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1).

Kentucky Oaks (G1) third TIDAL POOL (Yankee Gentleman), hoping for a berth in the Filly & Mare Sprint, worked a half-mile in :48 4/5 on a fast track at Churchill Downs. The D. Wayne Lukas trainee took to the track after the renovation break and posted fractions of :12 4/5 and :24 3/5 and galloped out five furlongs in 1:03 2/5. Tidal Pool has been unplaced in her past three, most recently finishing eighth in the first division of the grassy Riskaverse S. at Saratoga.

Alan07
10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Probably have to take Where's The Remote out of any BC consideration after his dismal performance.

Kasept
10-22-2010, 05:39 AM
BRISNET HANDICAPPER'S EDGE: O'Brien also revealed that last year's Dewhurst S. (Eng-G1) hero BEETHOVEN (Ire) (Oratorio [Ire]) will run in the Breeders' Cup Mile (G1) on November 6. The bay sophomore is exiting a sixth behind Gitano Hernando (GB) (Hernando [Fr]) in the October 1 Diamond S. (Ire-G3).

Royal Lodge S. (Eng-G2) third TREASURE BEACH (Galileo [Ire]) is being aimed at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (G2), while BRIGHT HORIZON (Galileo [Ire]) will go for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (G3).

Silver Flash S. (Ire-G3) and Fillies Mile S. (Eng-G1) runner-up TOGETHER (Galileo [Ire]) is "under serious consideration" for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G2), according to O'Brien.

tjfla
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
BRISNET HANDICAPPER'S EDGE: O'Brien also revealed that last year's Dewhurst S. (Eng-G1) hero BEETHOVEN (Ire) (Oratorio [Ire]) will run in the Breeders' Cup Mile (G1) on November 6. The bay sophomore is exiting a sixth behind Gitano Hernando (GB) (Hernando [Fr]) in the October 1 Diamond S. (Ire-G3).

Royal Lodge S. (Eng-G2) third TREASURE BEACH (Galileo [Ire]) is being aimed at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (G2), while BRIGHT HORIZON (Galileo [Ire]) will go for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (G3).

Silver Flash S. (Ire-G3) and Fillies Mile S. (Eng-G1) runner-up TOGETHER (Galileo [Ire]) is "under serious consideration" for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G2), according to O'Brien.

Come on Steve-this is OLD News. Check Post #87:D:p

Alan07
10-22-2010, 12:10 PM
A Little Warm, winner of the Grade 2 Jim Dandy at Saratoga in July, suffered condylar fractures to both front forelegs on Thursday and will most likely be retired from racing, his connections said Friday. A Little Warm was being pointed to the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile on Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.

During a routine gallop Thursday morning at Delaware Park, A Little Warm suffered a non-displaced fracture of his left foreleg and a mildly displaced fracture of his right foreleg, according to Chris Baker.

http://drf.com/news/little-warm-injured-out-indefinitely

Indian Charlie
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I dont remember that ever happening, breaks in 2 legs, in a workout.

hockey2315
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Silverton Hill has purchased Murjan --http://www.pedigreequery.com/murjan4 -- and is pointing him to the Juvenile turf.

randallscott35
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I dont remember that ever happening, breaks in 2 legs, in a workout.

Actually think Eight Belles may have done it after her initial injury...sad, I'm a big A Little Warm fan.

Alan07
10-22-2010, 12:44 PM
As per the FB page of Michelle Nihei Racing Stable: Prince Will I Am (Marathon) and Silent Joy (Filly Juv Turf) will be pre-entered for the BC.

Alan07
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Fatal Bullet and Rockin Heat, who had been under consideration for appearances at the Breeders’ Cup, will not be heading to Churchill Downs.

“Danny has decided not to go,” said Reade Baker, who trains both Fatal Bullet and Rockin Heat for the Bear Stable of Danny Dion.

The six-furlong Kennedy Road, a Grade 3, $150,000 race for 3-year-olds and upward on the main track Nov. 20, now becomes Fatal Bullet’s next stakes target.

Baker had been interested in running Rockin Heat in the one-mile Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf, but his next stakes appearance instead could come in the $150,000 Display, a 1 1/16 mile Polytrack race Nov. 28.

http://drf.com/news/stormy-lord-looks-safe-home-mobil

Alan07
10-22-2010, 02:35 PM
http://members.breederscup.com/championships/docs/2010BCWCScheduleEvents.pdf

tjfla
10-22-2010, 03:46 PM
[Bloodhorse]

Calvin Borel BC mounts

Atta Boy Roy is one of five confirmed mounts for Borel in the Breeders’ Cup. Other mounts for Borel, whose lone Breeders’ Cup victory came in 2006 in the Juvenile on Street Sense, are A.U. Miner (Marathon), Tell a Kelly (Juvenile Fillies), Hurricane Ike (Dirt Mile), and Seeking the Title (Ladies’ Classic).

Alan07
10-22-2010, 04:25 PM
*No BC Sprint title defense for Dancing in Silks
*Indian Gracey may get shot in Juvenile Fillies
*No Marathon for Romp, Where's The Remote
*Bejarano booked on six for BC

http://drf.com/news/no-bc-sprint-title-defense-dancing-silks

tjfla
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
*No BC Sprint title defense for Dancing in Silks
*Indian Gracey may get shot in Juvenile Fillies
*No Marathon for Romp, Where's The Remote
*Bejarano booked on six for BC

http://drf.com/news/no-bc-sprint-title-defense-dancing-silks

Bejarano has six mounts for the Breeders’ Cup, according to his agent, Joe Ferrer. Aside from Indian Gracey, Bejarano is scheduled to ride Crown of Thorns (Dirt Mile), Unzip Me (Turf Sprint), Wise Dan (Sprint), Wyomia (Juvenile Fillies Turf) and perhaps Rinterval (Filly and Mare Sprint).

tjfla
10-22-2010, 05:20 PM
[DRF]

Etched, winner of the Grade 2 Monmouth Cup on Oct. 9, remains possible for the Breeders’ Cup Classic, trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said Friday.

“There are five or six horses that are really tough, but the interesting thing that I look at is it would be his third race off a layoff and it might be his best,” McLaughlin said. “It’s been two and out a couple of times with him.”

If the decision is made by Darley Stable to pre-enter on Monday then “we’re probably running,’’ McLaughlin said, refuting the idea of pre-entering just to take a look at the race.

McLaughlin said that one alternative spot for Etched could be the Grade 1 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct on Nov. 27.

tjfla
10-22-2010, 05:26 PM
[Downey Profile]

Arriving at Churchill Downs from California this afternoon was Breeders’ Cup Sprint hopeful Smiling Tiger and owner-trainer Myung Kwon Cho’s Riveting Reason for the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile.

RockHardTen1985
10-22-2010, 09:24 PM
[DRF]

Etched, winner of the Grade 2 Monmouth Cup on Oct. 9, remains possible for the Breeders’ Cup Classic, trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said Friday.

“There are five or six horses that are really tough, but the interesting thing that I look at is it would be his third race off a layoff and it might be his best,” McLaughlin said. “It’s been two and out a couple of times with him.”

If the decision is made by Darley Stable to pre-enter on Monday then “we’re probably running,’’ McLaughlin said, refuting the idea of pre-entering just to take a look at the race.

McLaughlin said that one alternative spot for Etched could be the Grade 1 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct on Nov. 27.

Etched is OK and I made a large bet on him last time, mostly because I think Musket Man is ****. With that said, he is soooo 3 years ago.

Kasept
10-24-2010, 08:35 AM
If he can get into the field, Pat Kelly will enter Yield Bogey, who has points for the selection ranking system, in the Turf Sprint.

MisterB
10-24-2010, 09:16 AM
The Troy is not a race to build off. You could have landed a 747 on the turf without making a dent that day. What horse has gone forward off that winning effort? The turf will be fair in Kentucky, and you won't see any pace setters winning this one.

tjfla
10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
DRF

Bribon will likely be supplemented to the Breeders’ Cup Sprint, a decision expected to be finalized Monday morning by owner Derrick Smith.

"I think the horse is training as well as he ever has, consistent with the way he has when he’s coming up to a big race," Pletcher said. "Ultimately, yes, I’m happy. The horse is in good order and I’ll talk to Mr. Smith in the morning and see if he wants to put up the supplement."

If not, Bribon would run in next Saturday’s Bold Ruler at Belmont as a prep for the Cigar Mile at Aqueduct on Nov. 27.

hockey2315
10-24-2010, 01:36 PM
What are the chances Admiral Alex goes in the Classic now?

tjfla
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
What are the chances Admiral Alex goes in the Classic now?

Did Blu proclaim him yet?:p If IEAH or Ramsey owned him they would already would have him shipped down to CD.

hockey2315
10-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks like he's going to the Discovery w/ eyes on the Met Mile for next year. . . Blu said he should be undefeated, and it was the trips that got him in the Travers and Jamaica.

Dahoss
10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Looks like he's going to the Discovery w/ eyes on the Met Mile for next year. . . Blu said he should be undefeated, and it was the trips that got him in the Travers and Jamaica.

No Japan Cup?

tjfla
10-24-2010, 03:34 PM
[Downey Profile]

Trainer Al Stall, Jr. said today that the Breeders' Cup post position draw could determine the short-term fate of J. B.'s Thunder.

If he gets a good PP then he is a go,if not he is gonna pass. Either way he will be entered for now

dalakhani
10-24-2010, 08:14 PM

That's funny.

Klarman's hedge fund is private so public opinion is meaningless. And if his stable could have half the sucess as his business, he would have multiple contenders in the BC.

Kasept
10-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Churchill weekend works/splits/notes from CD Director of Communications Darren Rogers' "Derby Media" twitter (which I completely forgot about until he reminded me).

Darren provides timely updates from there: https://twitter.com/DerbyMedia

Espoir City-JPN (Classic) breezed 6F in 1:18 1/5. Splits: 14 1/5, 28 2/5, 41 3/5, 54 1/5, 1:06 2/5. Out 7F in 1:33 3/5. about 21 hours ago via web

Haynesfield (Classic) 6F in 1:13 3/5 w/ Kinsei. Outside. Started, finished even. 12 3/5, 25, 37 1/5, 49 1/5. Kicked clear after in 1:27 2/5. about 21 hours ago via web

Switch (F&M Sprint) 5F in 1:00 1/5. Splits: 12 1/5, 23 4/5, 35 2/5, 47 2/5. Out 6F in 1:13 4/5. about 21 hours ago via web

At Keeneland: Blame (Classic) breezed 5F in :58 4/5 in company w/ Apart (Ack Ack). Splits: 12 1/5, 23 4/5, 35 4/5, 46 4/5. Out 6F 1:11 3/5. about 21 hours ago via web

Pluck (Juvenile Turf) 5F in 1:01 1/5 w/ Garrett Gomez up. Inside w/ Hammock Beach. Splits: 12 3/5, 36 2/5, 48 3/5. Pluck out 6F in 1:14 4/5. about 22 hours ago via web

Acoma (Ladies' Classic) breezed 5F in 1:01 3/5. Splits: 12 3/5, 24 4/5, 37 1/5. Out 6F in 1:15 2/5. about 23 hours ago via web

Arc winner Workforce-GB given green light for Breeders' Cup Turf: http://bit.ly/a2M5Rm 12:37 PM Oct 23rd via web

Cincy Dollase reports that her son trainer Craig plans to ship Awesome Gem (Dirt Mile) & Tropic Storm (Turf Sprint) to CD on Oct. 31. 11:22 AM Oct 23rd via web

First Dude (Classic) 6F in 1:15 w/ Tammy Fox up. Splits: 12 3/5, 24 3/5, 36 3/5, 49 1/5, 1:01 4/5. Out 7F in 1:29 3/5. 9:20 AM Oct 23rd via web

Paddy O'Prado (Classic) 5F in 1:01 with Tammy Fox up. Splits: 12 2/5, 24 2/5, 36 1/5. Out 6F in 1:15 2/5. 9:01 AM Oct 23rd via web

Hurricane Ike (Dirt Mile) & Third Dawn 6F together. Ike: 1:12 2/5. Dawn: 1:14. 12 1/5, 24, 35 4/5, 47 4/5, 59 4/5. Ike out 7F in 1:27 4/5. 9:00 AM Oct 23rd via web

Champagne d'Oro (F&M Sprint) 5F in :59 3/5 w/ Miguel Mena up. Splits: 11 2/5, 22 4/5, 34 3/5, 46 4/5. Out 6F in 1:14 1/5. 8:52 AM Oct 23rd via web

More Than Real (Juvenile Turf) 4F in :49 4/5 w/ Garrett Gomez up. Splits: 12 4/5, :25. Out 5F in 1:03. 8:51 AM Oct 23rd via web

Tell a Kelly (Juv Fillies) 5F in 1:00 4/5. Splits: 12 3/5, 24 2/5, 36, 48. Out 6F in 1:15 2/5. 8:48 AM Oct 23rd via web

Kasept
10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Astrology will bypass Juvenile in favor of the Iroquois..

Kasept
10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
For those that missed ATR, Delightful Mary had the day's most impressive work to send the Limehouse chestnut into the Juvenile Fillies in good stead. The Mark Casse trainee, the $500k OBS April sales-topping purchase by John Oxley, was second to Juvenile Fillies Turf candidate Wyomia in the Mazarine and will be making her first dirt start after three polytrack turns at Woodbine. While Calvin Borel was scrubbing on her colt workmate Blue Laser to keep up, Delightful Mary was gliding effortlessly under Shawn Bridgmohan through sharp fractions. Minutes after the work, Casse gave the green light for the filly to run November 5, and Bridgmo will get to ride the half sister of Delightful Kiss at what figures to be a bonus mutuel. Blue Laser looks like he will bypass the Juvenile in favor of a Delta Jackpot start.

tjfla
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Has there ever been a 5 horse Breeders Cup Field? They do realize that this is a Grade 1,2 million dollar race?

I know Uncle Mo and others are alot better but come on,this is getting ridiculous I understand about Blue Laser as he got a whooping put on him today but these excuses are getting stupid.

I have heard everything from my horse isn't ready to run against the big names to my horse needs the money to get into the Kentucky Derby. Are u joking? How many horses get injured,worse,or shipped to Dubai between now and April.

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Has there ever been a 5 horse Breeders Cup Field? They do realize that this is a Grade 1,2 million dollar race?

I know Uncle Mo and others are alot better but come on,this is getting ridiculous I understand about Blue Laser as he got a whooping put on him today but these excuses are getting stupid.

I have heard everything from my horse isn't ready to run against the big names to my horse needs the money to get into the Kentucky Derby. Are u joking? How many horses get injured,worse,or shipped to Dubai between now and April.

Im really excited about the matchup in this race. Also excited to see if Stay Thirsty is any good, and if my opinion on B@T is accurate.

hockey2315
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Im really excited about the matchup in this race. Also excited to see if Stay Thirsty is any good, and if my opinion on B@T is accurate.

It ain't. . . although I don't agree with the way they've handled him.

NTamm1215
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
There's not going to be 5 horses in the Juvenile. There might not be 12 but I guarantee you there won't be 5.

tjfla
10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
There's not going to be 5 horses in the Juvenile. There might not be 12 but I guarantee you there won't be 5.

BaT
Jaycito
JP's Gusto
Uncle Mo
Stay Thirsty

Looks like 5 to me

JB's Thunder-Possible (Depending on PP)
Rogue Romance-Possible (Also entered in Turf)
Riveting Reason-Possible (Shipped there but who knows)

I agree its a nice 5 horses but come on its a Grade 1.

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
It ain't. . . although I don't agree with the way they've handled him.

Well maybe Im over the top with it, but I dont see him beating Uncle Moe, and I think Stay Thirsty is going to run huge.

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
BaT
Jaycito
JP's Gusto
Uncle Mo
Stay Thirsty

Looks like 5 to me

I think its very likely to be 7.

hockey2315
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Well maybe Im over the top with it, but I dont see him beating Uncle Moe, and I think Stay Thirsty is going to run huge.

Stay Thirsty won't be competitive.

Uncle Moe and BT seem about equally talented, but I think BT will prefer the distance a bit.

Jaycito will probably be the value, though.

tjfla
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
[DRF]

Zito said his horses – including Cool Coal Man, who will run in the Dirt Mile

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM

Uncle Moe and BT seem about equally talented, but I think BT will prefer the distance a bit.

I disagree with 1.

Disagree with 2.

Agree with 3, but still dont think he is good enough.

lemoncrush
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I disagree with 1.

Disagree with 2.

Agree with 3, but still dont think he is good enough.

Please just tell me one valid reason why you think Stay Thirsty will run huge in this race. Not "just a hunch" or "Todd will have him ready".

Alan07
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Trainer Todd Pletcher said he pre-entered 11 horses on Monday for the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, to be held Nov. 5-6 at Churchill Downs. However, Bribon was not among them.

Pletcher said that several factors came into play in the decision not to run Bribon in the Breeders’ Cup, including the fact that he is a 7-year-old gelding and a come-from-behind sprinter in what will likely be a large field. “And,” Pletcher said, “$180,000 is a lot of money to put up.”

http://drf.com/news/bribon-not-supplemented-breeders-cup-sprint

hockey2315
10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Not a lot of money to put up for those dudes. I liked him a lot in that spot, but I guess he wasn't doing well.

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Not a lot of money to put up for those dudes. I liked him a lot in that spot, but I guess he wasn't doing well.

Is there a place to get nom pp's right now?

hockey2315
10-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Not that I know of. Try not to go postal in the day and a half you'll have to wait.

RockHardTen1985
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Not that I know of. Try not to go postal in the day and a half you'll have to wait.

Churchill does not have them, kinda silly its not up on the Churchill website.
What exactly can I get Wednesday? Im confused.

hockey2315
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
The DRF pre-entry PPs come out.

JerseyJ
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM

I don't think Jaycito is that good at all...think Boys is the horse to beat and totally agree on Stay Thirsty.

In fact I think Stay Thirsty is a contender to finish last.

Alan07
10-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Victor Espinoza to ride both of trainer Brian Koriner's BC horses: California Flag (Turf Sprint) & Sweet August Moon (Filly & Mare Sprint).

NTamm1215
10-26-2010, 12:01 PM
BaT
Jaycito
JP's Gusto
Uncle Mo
Stay Thirsty

Looks like 5 to me

There are going to be 11 pre-entered with two cross-entered to the Juvenile Turf.

RockHardTen1985
10-26-2010, 12:02 PM
There are going to be 11 pre-entered with two cross-entered to the Juvenile Turf.

Who are the other 3, not named above? Is Mott entering his Bernardini?

NTamm1215
10-26-2010, 12:09 PM

No, he's running in the Nashua.

Kasept
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Why not take a moment out of your frantic posting schedule and check the Cup Field thread...

JUVENILE

1. Uncle Mo (T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez)
2. Jaycito (M. Mitchell/M. Smith)
3. Boys At Tosconova (R. Dutrow/R. Dominguez)
4. J P's Gusto (D. Hofmans/P. Valenzuela)
5. Stay Thirsty (T. Pletcher)
6. Riveting Reason (M. Cho)
7. J. B.'s Thunder (A. Stall/S. Bridgmohan)
8. Murjan (J. Suarez)
9. Biondetti (S. bin Suroor/F. Dettori) -- Juvenile Turf (*)
10. Rogue Romance (K. McPeek/J. Leparoux) -- Juvenile Turf (*)
11. Madman Diaries (W. Ward/J. Leparoux) -- Juvenile Turf (*)

Alan07
10-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Why not take a moment out of your frantic posting schedule and check the Cup Field thread...

JUVENILE

8. Murjan (J. Suarez)

The question becomes do any of the 3 crossies elect to run in the Dirt Juvie?

Alan07
10-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone know if the BC PP Draw will be on TV?

NTamm1215
10-26-2010, 12:52 PM
The question becomes do any of the 3 crossies elect to run in the Dirt Juvie?

The size of the field and purse difference should prompt at least one of them to change directions.

RockHardTen1985
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM

JUVENILE

8. Murjan (J. Suarez)

Thanks Steve. I would think because of the pedigree and connections Biondette would be bet a bit if they run him in this spot.

tjfla
10-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Well Madman Diaries was supposed to go in the Juvy,so would say he has the best shot. Who knows about Rogue Romance? He already has a spot in the Juvy Turf so its just a matter of it they want him on dirt or turf.

Would be nice to get at least 10 to go

Alan07
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Martin Garcia picks up the ride on Kinsale King, because Gomez took himself off and on to another horse.

RockHardTen1985
10-26-2010, 10:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/breederscup2010/news/story?id=5714206

Alan07
10-26-2010, 11:57 PM
*BC Pre-Entries to be issued Wednesday at 10 a.m.
*BC/Churchill News conference at 10:30 a.m. (Aristides Room).
*1 p.m. national conference call.

Kasept
10-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Well Madman Diaries was supposed to go in the Juvy,so would say he has the best shot. Who knows about Rogue Romance? He already has a spot in the Juvy Turf so its just a matter of it they want him on dirt or turf.

Would be nice to get at least 10 to go

McPeek told me late yesterday afternoon he is completely undecided about main track or turf for Rogue Romance.

Kasept
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Not sure if it's made the thread, but Craig Dollase has opted for the Marathon with Awesome Gem.

Alan07
10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Liquor companies (Grey Goose) cannot sponsor on OTA networks. If they could (or if all the races were on cable) the Juvenile would be out of the P6.

tjfla
10-27-2010, 07:28 PM
[Bloodhorse]

Tropic Storm, who had a first preference in the Turf Sprint (gr. II), will now run in the Dirt Mile.

Scav
10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Liquor companies (Grey Goose) cannot sponsor on OTA networks. If they could (or if all the races were on cable) the Juvenile would be out of the P6.

OTA Networks?

Alan07
10-27-2010, 07:32 PM
If anyone is attending Churchill for the BC, take note that they have re-painted the numbers on the infield tote boards.

Bigsmc
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
OTA Networks?

Over the air.

pweizer
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Not sure if it's made the thread, but Craig Dollase has opted for the Marathon with Awesome Gem.

This is a good move. He could certainly win the marathon while he has little chance in the dirt mile.

Paul

geeker2
10-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Dollase is deadly when he points for a race ;)

chucklestheclown
10-28-2010, 12:45 AM

Where do you get this from? Just curious.

Alan07
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Julien Leparoux's BC Mounts

Kathmanblu (Juvenile Fillies Turf)
Informed Decision (Filly & Mare Sprint)
Harlan’s Ruby (Juvenile Fillies Dirt)
It’s Tea Time (Ladies’ Classic)
-------------------------------------
Typhoon Slew (Juvenile Turf)
Warrior’s Reward (Dirt Sprint)
Silver Timber (Turf Sprint)
Rogue Romance (Juvenile Dirt)
Society’s Chairman (Turf Mile)
Cool Coal Man (Dirt Mile)
Al Khali (Turf)
Fly Down (Classic)

robfla
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Julien Leparoux's BC Mounts

Kathmanblu (Juvenile Fillies Turf)
Informed Decision (Filly & Mare Sprint)
Harlan’s Ruby (Juvenile Fillies Dirt)
It’s Tea Time (Ladies’ Classic)
-------------------------------------
Typhoon Slew (Juvenile Turf)
Warrior’s Reward (Dirt Sprint)
Silver Timber (Turf Sprint)
Rogue Romance (Juvenile Dirt)
Society’s Chairman (Turf Mile)
Cool Coal Man (Dirt Mile)
Al Khali (Turf)
Fly Down (Classic)

Are they offering the "jockey bet" again this year?

Last year, "all others" was a gift.

hockey2315
10-28-2010, 02:08 PM
McPeek told me late yesterday afternoon he is completely undecided about main track or turf for Rogue Romance.

That really screws those of us who have deadlines for race previews. :confused:

Cannon Shell
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM

Simple solution

Dont bother mentioning him in either

hockey2315
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
That's what I'm doing - only doing the turf. Definitely wouldn't have mentioned him in the dirt. I could get burned not mentioning Biondetti, though, too.

Kasept
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM

Someone suggested to me yesterday, McPeek may be 'undecided' so that those in media will keep seeking him out for quotes! LOL..

hockey2315
10-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Someone suggested to me yesterday, McPeek may be 'undecided' so that those in media will keep seeking him out for quotes! LOL..

haha good strategy

randallscott35
10-28-2010, 02:53 PM

an old DWL move.

clyde
11-02-2010, 12:29 AM

He told me..different.