PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Race 5 8/30

pick4
08-30-2006, 02:45 AM
If this race is washed off I can't see Tall Story losing. I know he should have won two back but Fairbanks validated the win by coming back to win going a mile and eighth over this track earlier in the meet. Champ Safi who was crushed by Fairbanks came right back to win at 1 1/8 miles this past Friday.

If this stays on grass I think there are three horses who look very interesting. Sir Rahy ran a good second in his debut at Colonial Downs and should like the added distance. A few nice 5 furlong works including two up in Saratoga will probably have this horse ready to run a good race.

Purely Wild is trained by Wallace Dollase who has run only three horses at the meet thus far and won twice and his non winner ran a decent race nonetheless. He's had four works since he's been up here which seems like the entire meet. J.R Leparoux decides to ride and takes off the horse he rode on the rail. Purely Wild finished The Vig in Kentucky but I'm thinking that Dollase brought horses here who he thinks can win. He was able to get Leparoux to ride and Julien usually puts his mounts in positions where they can win. The post is a negative but will only enhance the price if rider can get the horse in the right position.

Dixie Dynamo is another horse who I think might have talent and looks like he could light up the toteboard. Trainer Barclay Tagg is known for training grass horses going long and at a price. This one fits that to a tee. But being a first time starter makes this especially tough unless the horse has talent. The sire is a well known father of long distance dirt and grass runners. The dam Dixie Flag was bred by the DuPont's and is a multiple Grade 2 winner. Her sire is Dixieland Band whose Pop is Northern Dancer. Ribot is in the family line too. I love this horse on pedigree and he might have a punchers chance here.

GPK
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
If this race is washed off I can't see Tall Story losing. I know he should have won two back but Fairbanks validated the win by coming back to win going a mile and eighth over this track earlier in the meet. Champ Safi who was crushed by Fairbanks came right back to win at 1 1/8 miles this past Friday.

If this stays on grass I think there are three horses who look very interesting. Sir Rahy ran a good second in his debut at Colonial Downs and should like the added distance. A few nice 5 furlong works including two up in Saratoga will probably have this horse ready to run a good race.

Purely Wild is trained by Wallace Dollase who has run only three horses at the meet thus far and won twice and his non winner ran a decent race nonetheless. He's had four works since he's been up here which seems like the entire meet. J.R Leparoux decides to ride and takes off the horse he rode on the rail. Purely Wild finished The Vig in Kentucky but I'm thinking that Dollase brought horses here who he thinks can win. He was able to get Leparoux to ride and Julien usually puts his mounts in positions where they can win. The post is a negative but will only enhance the price if rider can get the horse in the right position.

Dixie Dynamo is another horse who I think might have talent and looks like he could light up the toteboard. Trainer Barclay Tagg is known for training grass horses going long and at a price. This one fits that to a tee. But being a first time starter makes this especially tough unless the horse has talent. The sire is a well known father of long distance dirt and grass runners. The dam Dixie Flag was bred by the DuPont's and is a multiple Grade 2 winner. Her sire is Dixieland Band whose Pop is Northern Dancer. Ribot is in the family line too. I love this horse on pedigree and he might have a punchers chance here.

Im the exact opposite....I think Tall Story is a huge play against today at what is gonna be a very short price. TA is 2 for for 21 at the meet with both those wins being with Bernardini.....no thanks.

Thats Our Point that finished right behind Tall Story last out had to drop into the MCL ranks to get his win.