PDA

View Full Version : SUN Plays - ARL, SAR, & DEL MAR

Bogey
08-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Like most, the selections were good, but the return was not on SAT. Although, My Typhoon - Karen's Caper proved to be the right choice. OK, just about a week left for the Saratoga and Del Mar meet. The account stands at plus 185 units. Please note that there are some nicely bred 2 yr old colts running in the 3rd and 7th race at Arlington on Sunday 8/27.

Arlington Park - Race 3

#2 Sly - Makes his 2nd start after a respectable debut that earned him a 76 BSF. McGee adds the Lasix for his 2nd start.

#7 Here I am - 1ster has some nice works from the gate for a barn that wins at 13% with 1sters.

#9 Big Thicket - The son of Yonaguska looks ready to fire at first asking and has the benefit of being outside. Stidham knows how to ring the bell - 23% with 1sters.

The Play - 10 units Exacta Box - 2 7 9 = 60 units

Arlington Park - Race 9

#3 Arbuckle Bandit - Looks like a new animal for Stidham since he's switched to the lawn.

#4 My Ballet - In good form and should be able to managed the place in this event.

The Play - 20 units Cold Exacta - 3 4 = 20 units

Saratoga - Race 9 - Ballerina Breeders' Cup Sprint G1

#5 Malibu Mint - Should get a nice trip with all the speed in the race and the extra furlong should only help the cause.

#4 Dubai Escapade - The half sister to Madcap Escapade didn't care for Calder and should bounce back to her top form.

The Play - 20 units Exacta Box - 4 5 = 40 units

Del Mar - Race 8 - Del Mar Handicap G2

#3 Runaway Dancer - Should get the jump on the favorite T.H. Approval and he's 3 for 4 at Del Mar.

The Play - 40 units to Win

Leaves the account at plus 15 units.

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
08-27-2006, 07:59 PM
#3 Runaway Dancer got sandwiched coming out of the gate and it cost him any chance in the race. In the toughest game played outdoors, there is only one way to win and plenty of ways to get beat. I can't believe Trevor said, "They all began well." It was obvious that Victor had to practically stop after being hit on both sides. Congrats to T.H. Approval, but watch out for Runaway Dancer versus similar in the future.

We caught the cold exacta at Arlington, but it only returned 98 units for a 20 units wager.