PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods better than Jack

Seattleallstar
06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
whos with me

somerfrost
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Not yet! He could end up the greatest but right now Jack's record speaks for itself!

somerfrost
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
And frankly...Annika is probably the best golfer in the world!

GPK
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
And frankly...Annika is probably the best golfer in the world!

Somer...AS needs to get her ass on the ball. Webb and Ochoa are CLEARLY outplaying Annika rightnow

Crown@club
06-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Lord,

I JUST DID NOT READ THIS! DID I?!

Seattleallstar
06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
coming from me Jeff not much should surprise you anymore..lol

Seattleallstar
08-05-2014, 06:12 AM
wow was I ever wrong, i actually in 2006 thought Tiger would have 22 majors by now in 2014

Patrick333
08-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Not a big fan of Tiger Woods but if he can get healthy he could still do it.

Pants II
08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
He moves like The Tin Man.

It's over, Johnny.

dagolfer33
08-05-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm waiting for the retirement speech any day. How many more injuries/WD's will he endure, better yet, when will he throw in the towel and surrender to his own standard of acceptable results? Soon I say.

GPK
08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm waiting for the retirement speech any day. How many more injuries/WD's will he endure, better yet, when will he throw in the towel and surrender to his own standard of acceptable results? Soon I say.

I see the opposite. Too much pride and ego for him to pull a Roberto Duran, especially before the age of 40. He needs to remake his upper body. That build is not conducive to making the type of golf swing he needs to make a sustained run and play into his mid-late 40's.

Seattleallstar
08-06-2014, 10:01 PM
I see the opposite. Too much pride and ego for him to pull a Roberto Duran, especially before the age of 40. He needs to remake his upper body. That build is not conducive to making the type of golf swing he needs to make a sustained run and play into his mid-late 40's.

He gets another coach then?

GPK
08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
He gets another coach then?

Truthfully, Jerry? I could coach him to another 5-6 majors (that would pad my resume' just a touch:tro:), but in the grand scheme of things, nothing any new coach would tell him will get him over his mental hurdle right now. His swing is not the issue. He is struggling with the longest 50 yards in golf, from the practice tee to the first tee. The strongest mental player the game has ever seen, is simply mind f*cking himself.

Seattleallstar
08-07-2014, 04:55 AM
I guess so, the past few years the wheels have fallen off during the week whereas in the past that is when he took over. Like that Masters last year that would validate that he would be back, then that whole situation on the 15th he never rebounded from that.

MinnSkinny
08-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Man..............as an unabashed TW fan this is tough to watch. He has no clue where the ball is going.....Get rid of this voodoo (Sean Foley) swing coach he has and either go back to Butch Harmon or call it a career....
Left ? Right misses off the tee...and fat irons to boot....seems like every shot is forced.

He's a mess upstairs.....

GPK
08-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Zinger gets it.
http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/azinger-on-tiger-its-difficult.html

MinnSkinny
08-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I think you're right.

GPK
08-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Splitsville for El Tigre' and Foley.

Danzig
08-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Splitsville for El Tigre' and Foley.

i saw that. guess he needs to go back to one of the coaches he actually won majors with.

GPK
08-25-2014, 12:18 PM
i saw that. guess he needs to go back to one of the coaches he actually won with.

First he needs to heal up, then he needs to remember how to "play golf" instead of this whole paralysis by analysis bullsh*t he has working.

Pants II
08-25-2014, 05:37 PM
He needs to go back to Vegas and do what he enjoys. Stop being subservient to the feigned morality of the public.

MinnSkinny
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
First he needs to heal up, then he needs to remember how to "play golf" instead of this whole paralysis by analysis bullsh*t he has working.

Can't fault Foley, as he has some guys playing great. But if you've ever taken a golf lesson, it's all in the message. TW is pissed at his own game right now, and basically un-coachable. Ask Haney.
I think Foley teaches voodoo, (and I think Mahan is somewhat voodoo anyway).
I predict TW gets Butch again, formally (or informally).
The clock is ticking, and nobody understands him better than Butch.
It would be a great story...........

GPK
08-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Yep...
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/azinger-woods-could-be-fixed-10-minutes/

Rupert Pupkin
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Can't fault Foley, as he has some guys playing great. But if you've ever taken a golf lesson, it's all in the message. TW is pissed at his own game right now, and basically un-coachable. Ask Haney.
I think Foley teaches voodoo, (and I think Mahan is somewhat voodoo anyway).
I predict TW gets Butch again, formally (or informally).
The clock is ticking, and nobody understands him better than Butch.
It would be a great story...........

I would say it is extremely unlikely that Tiger and Butch get back together. There is still some bad blood there and both guys have a lot of pride. Not only that, but Butch is now Mickelson's teacher. Tiger and Mickelson can't stand each other. I don't think Butch would do that to Mickelson. Even if Tiger asked butch to be his teacher, I think Butch would say "no". Butch has his hands full any way between Mickelson, Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Watney, etc.

GPK
08-26-2014, 11:36 AM
I would say it is extremely unlikely that Tiger and Butch get back together. There is still some bad blood there and both guys have a lot of pride. Not only that, but Butch is now Mickelson's teacher. Tiger and Mickelson can't stand each other. I don't think Butch would do that to Mickelson. Even if Tiger asked butch to be his teacher, I think Butch would say "no". Butch has his hands full any way between Mickelson, Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Watney, etc.

Tiger and Phil get along better than most people think.

Crown@club
08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
i saw that. guess he needs to go back to one of the coaches he actually won with.

So he didn't win with Foley? Guess that #1 ranking last year wasn't real.

Danzig
08-26-2014, 02:14 PM

my remark was due to reading he'd won no majors with foley.

GPK
08-26-2014, 02:54 PM

You know enough about the game. He won in spite of working with Foley.

Rupert Pupkin
08-26-2014, 10:33 PM
This should put any thoughts of Tiger and Butch getting back together to rest:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-wont-be-reuniting-coach-butch-harmon-says-former-coach-butch-harmon

Scratch any thoughts of a Tiger Woods/Butch Harmon reunion - it's not going to happen.

That's according to Butch himself, who told the Golf Channel's Rex Hoggard that not only would he not accept an offer, Tiger would never ask him. And, oh yeah, Tiger doesn't need a coach anyway:

“No I would not and he’s not going to call and ask,” Harmon said when asked if he would entertain a coaching offer. “I don’t think he needs a swing coach. If I were advising Tiger I’d tell him, ‘You’re the greatest player that ever lived, just go to the range and hit shots.’”

Crown@club
08-27-2014, 01:18 PM
You know enough about the game. He won in spite of working with Foley.

:p :p :p :p

(I only can use 4 images!!! What the heck???!!!)

casp0555
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
I think he is done....

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25396835/tiger-woods-concedes-chase-for-nicklaus-sounds-near-end-of-career

Danzig
12-02-2015, 08:35 AM
I think he is done....

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25396835/tiger-woods-concedes-chase-for-nicklaus-sounds-near-end-of-career

the player is always the last to know...him, peyton, kobe, favre some recent examples.

Alabama Stakes
12-02-2015, 09:02 AM
should learn the game lefty. he has the ability