PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Race 7 8/23/06

eurobounce
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Now a bad field at all for a Thrusday afternoon. We have Unfurl The Flag, Texcess, Shimby and Captain Kurk. I think this race sets up perfectly for Texcess. Not sure why he scratched out of of the race last week, but I assume he is healthy since he is back. This race seems loaded with speed with Unfurl The Flag. I am torn between these two. Unfurl The Flag can get the distance and fits perfectly here. Texcess is by Inexcess and is bred beautifully for the turf. I think that the speed is going to be too much and they should come back to the field. I think than Texcess will be right behind the leaders and if he can get through, he wins this race. The horse that scares me a little is Captain Kurk. A shipper from NZ and looks to be well bred. So with all this said, I am going to go with $200 to win on Texcess.

Bogey
08-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Euro, with 1 MTP I feel the same way. Texcess should get it done.

Good Racing Luck

eurobounce
08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Euro, with 1 MTP I feel the same way. Texcess should get it done.

Good Racing LuckUUgghhh, the other horse I liked went wire to wire. I thought the pace was going to be much faster. Man, I totally looked at this race incorrectly. Oh well.....on to the next one.

Bogey
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Texcess was wide throughout and never kicked into gear. Congrats to Unfurl the Flag and a nice ride by Court. Some how he was able to settle him and hold off Captain Kirk.

eurobounce
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Texcess was wide throughout and never kicked into gear. Congrats to Unfurl the Flag and a nice ride by Court. Some how he was able to settle him and hold off Captain Kirk.I would have never guessed that all the speed would of held back.

cal828
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Now a bad field at all for a Thrusday afternoon. We have Unfurl The Flag, Texcess, Shimby and Captain Kurk. I think this race sets up perfectly for Texcess. Not sure why he scratched out of of the race last week, but I assume he is healthy since he is back. This race seems loaded with speed with Unfurl The Flag. I am torn between these two. Unfurl The Flag can get the distance and fits perfectly here. Texcess is by Inexcess and is bred beautifully for the turf. I think that the speed is going to be too much and they should come back to the field. I think than Texcess will be right behind the leaders and if he can get through, he wins this race. The horse that scares me a little is Captain Kurk. A shipper from NZ and looks to be well bred. So with all this said, I am going to go with $200 to win on Texcess.

I saw that one about the same way. Unfurl was the one that scared me, but I thought he might back up with all the speed. Bet Kurk and he ran a big race, but not quite good enough. Sorry, about your loss. Makes mine seem piddly.