PDA

View Full Version : Steroids in Horse Racing

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Should be completely banned. I have witnessed first hand the effects of them on horses. They make horses crazy, and can mask an injury very easily. Also, if used improperly, they can make a stallion infertile. I've seen quite a few nice AQHA halter horses have to be put down prematurely due to steroid use. I really don't see the use of them. It puts owners/trainers at different stables on different playing levels because some owners won't use them on their horses.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
06-05-2006, 03:33 PM
kroses we recently had this discussion on the old board. while im against them in general in a few cases they can be helpful! for example they will help a bad eater get his or her face in the feed tub but overall i dont like em and yes long term effects if continuously used are not positive on the animal themselves. if you arent using equipoise or winstrol however in this business youre probaly giving a advantage to atleast 75% of your competition

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
kroses we recently had this discussion on the old board. while im against them in general in a few cases they can be helpful! for example they will help a bad eater get his or her face in the feed tub but overall i dont like em and yes long term effects if continuously used are not positive on the animal themselves. if you arent using equipoise or winstrol however in this business youre probaly giving a advantage to atleast 75% of your competition

I know we had this discussion recently on the old board, but I wanted some input from different people on this board. I just don't understand why steroids are allowed in the majority of the cases. Of course, there will probably be some exceptions to the rule, but for the most part, they shouldn't be allowed.

lndbtwtrks
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
if u get the bloodhorse check out last weeks issue, very nice story about steroids and there affects good and bad.