PDA

View Full Version : Americas best sprinter ??

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Lost in the Fog, the Champion, powers on by six rivals and runs 6f in 108.52. its rare to see a 107.

i feel he is the best sprinter in america at 6f,
some feel its silver train, the winner of the BCS (should have been DQed).

he has a win over the track that will host the BC races in early november in the darkness of standard time. DSTime ends in october in 2006.

Pointg5
06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Too Much Bling the Ohio Bred from River Downs is the best...

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 09:28 AM
It's close between Silver Train and LITF at this point, but again, in this division we have a great line up of three year olds...Too Much Bling, Henny Hughes, Keyed Entry, possibly Da Stoops and First Samuri. Silver Train loves Belmont, and I don't think he will fare as well this year in the BC Sprint at Churchill. Will this be the Fog's year? It's too early to tell. We shall see. Too Much Bling is turning out to be a freak, and I absolutely love him. Baffert is loaded with this one.

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 09:29 AM
bardanero, was rated number one on the TVg board,
i have never seen the horse, anybody have data on him ??

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
sun king is getting good...

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 09:34 AM
sun king is kind of a surprise, i thought for sure he would be a better router, but he is ranked by tvg 9th on their sprint pole, will he beat Foggy at 6f, i doubt it, good miler though.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
sun king is getting good...

I've noticed that. This horse has really come into form as of late. Good for Zito since he lost Bellamy Road. It looks like he's in the top firing line.

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 09:52 AM
foggy is 11 wins of 13, 10 stakes wins on 9 different tracks.

GPK
06-05-2006, 09:57 AM
There is another good one out there....PROUD TOWER TOO...

ptgiven
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
isn't discreet cat suppose to be challenging the sprint divison?

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
isn't discreet cat suppose to be challenging the sprint divison?

His first start back is the Dwyer Stakes. I think his campaign is geared towards the classic distances.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 10:26 AM
lest we forget smokey glacken..on his game is not bad ...:cool:

dr. fager
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM

Very nice 5 year old horse, lightly raced (10). Won the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream and G3 Count Fleet at Oaklawn this year. I read he's pointed to the Bing Crosby at Del Mar next.

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=17750

Hoisttheflag
06-05-2006, 10:59 AM
TIGER. Another one to watch out for is Rumspringa. Tiger should go this weekend at Belmont.

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Very nice 5 year old horse, lightly raced (10). Won the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream and G3 Count Fleet at Oaklawn this year. I read he's pointed to the Bing Crosby at Del Mar next.

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=17750

Bordonaro...
although i have never seen him race, he is ranked NUMBER ONE on the TVg pole as the best sprinter, a sleeper.

oracle80
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
No way should Silver Train have been dq'd Paul, you are grasping at straws with that one.

jp96stang
06-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Carthage's stock keeps rising.

Thunder Gulch
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I'll bet against Sun King every time they load him up.

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Carthage's stock keeps rising.

carthange won in 109.33 over the weekend, Foggy 108.52

jpops757
06-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Strong Contender is a 3yr old with posibilities but with his staying power the flat mile is probably his distance.

Skip away
06-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Whether or not Silver Train should or shoudlnt have gotten taken down is a moot point when it comes to this argument. Hes a very good sprinter when they are at Belmont. Everywhere else he is allowance material. Lost in the Fog is a lot better at 6F. He was very poorly ridden in the BC Sprint. Not saying it cost him 1st but it did cost him a chance to be competitive.

There is no one even close to Lost in the Fog at 6F on a neutral track. Proud Tower Too is decent but lets face it, hes been beating a bunch of nothings out west and his times arent all that spectacular. The Dubai race is a weird race to use as a barometer, it proves very little. He wont win the BC Sprint.

Downthestretch55
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Depends on the conditions...
older, Lost in the Fog
3yo, Too Much Bling
just my .02.
DTS

irishtrekker
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree with you DTS. I'd like to see the two go head-to-head. Anyone know what Bling's plans are this year? Are they pointing him towards the BC?

Downthestretch55
06-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Irish,
I'd love to see them head to head also....but that ain't gonna happen.
A 3yo against older? I don't think so.
I look for Too much Bling to show up at Toga in the King's Bishop.
Baffert picks his spots very carefully, that's why he's so good.
I'll let you know if I find one that's off the radar. There might just be one or two.
Olders...if they're not used up, look for LITF in the BC.
DTS

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I think that we will see TMB and LITF meet up at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY on the first Saturday in November 2006. I am looking very forward to that day.

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
This is a great topic...Bordonaro and Lost in the Fog are obvious top older sprinters, but I really believe that the 3-year-olds are going to have a say come Breeders' Cup Sprint time...this is a very classy crop..

...Sophomores like Too Much Bling, Henny Hughes, Songster, Keyed Entry, etc. are all very fast and very talented, and I believe the one of these that developes into the top 3-year-old sprinter at around the Saratoga meet (late summer) will be the horse that I'm intrigued to follow to the BC Sprint..

irishtrekker
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
DTS, good thoughts - hadn't considered that for Bling, but it makes sense from what I've learned.

So do 3 year old sprinters typically stay away from older horses? That's not always the case with other, more distance-oriented runners, right? I seem to remember seeing some 3yo's in the BCC, although maybe I'm wrong? (Thanks in advance for answering an admittedly basic question.)

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
DTS, good thoughts - hadn't considered that for Bling, but it makes sense from what I've learned.

So do 3 year old sprinters typically stay away from older horses? That's not always the case with other, more distance-oriented runners, right? I seem to remember seeing some 3yo's in the BCC, although maybe I'm wrong? (Thanks in advance for answering an admittedly basic question.)

Actually, 3-year-olds have had good success in the BC Sprint..Silver Train won it last year as a sophomore and there have been many recent winners like Squirtle Squirt, Cajun Beat, etc.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 05:49 PM

Most of the time, they will race in the restricted three year old races throughout the year until the BC sprint where they go head to head with the older horses if they turn out to be good enough.

Danzig
06-05-2006, 05:51 PM
i'd say most years the sprint is the most competitive race. always a deep deep field.
proud tower too is very good. as others have pointed out, silver train can't be stopped at belmont. elsewhere is another story. foggy is a sentimental fave for many, but he's definitely got the goods.

discreet cat as a sprinter tho? um, don't think so. no doubt he will continue on the classic trail.

we'll have to wait a while to find out the best sprinter....til october.

Suffolk Shippers
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
somewhat off the topic...

but my favorite sprinter of all time is the less heralded My Cousin Matt, mainly because I threw him in as a 61-1 shot in a few tri keys I played in the BC Sprint at Lonestar and he clunked up for third behind Speightstown and someone else. $1400 or so for $1...punched her five times.

BACK ON TOPIC, I think in 6F Lost in the Fog and Too Much Bling duel to the death with LITF prevailing.