PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay P6 35K carryover

Rudeboyelvis
02-24-2010, 08:29 PM
May well carry again, with rain on and off this evening as another cold front makes it’s way across the state will be a stab in the dark to determine if they keep the races on the grass. Some ideas/spot plays that will be part of my ticket should I jump in –

5th race

10 Burning Light 8-1: Ran well 2nd off last year, toss the plastic and the comeback… Gerald Bennett and Ronnie Allen Jr. team up in a fairly paceless event could be very live and an include

6th race

Playing against the favorite 4 Doctor Carina as the 1 1/8th is going to prove to be too much distance again (3-0-0-0 at the 9 panels) and will scratch if the race comes off anyway.
Going to use the 8 CC Cerada 9-2 and the 7 Candle Maker 6-1 if Mott makes the trip.
Off the weeds will need to include the 10 Patti’s Regal Song 5-1 and expecting a big move up for the well bred 1 Whisperer 15-1 for Joan Scott. Both will be over matched if the race stays on.

7th Race

6 El Profeta 5-1 moves up in class off of 2 nice efforts at his preferred distance.
1 Tax and Spend 7-2 will most likely disappoint but must include on the drop here.

8th Race

4 Repent and Rejoice 8-1 looks to have figured it out, can’t deny Perez/D. Bennett clicking at 40%.
7 Bad Medicine 5-2 should have plenty to sit off in here, and do what he does.
6 Presto Chango 5-1 broke mdn impressively last out and could be anything. Leave off KoC/Homeister at your own peril.

9th Race

Tricky turf race, could change dramatically with the omission of a few here should it come off. Either way, will have to find a way to include the 2 Saintly Prospector 8-1 as Rosemary opts here off the favorite for her first turf try. Should be respected if the race comes off as well.

10th Race

12.5 maidens….
9 Doohan 6-1 Proctor on the big drop – turf/dirt – cut back fires an incredible 35.2 on 2/21. Tuned up and ready to leave them in his wake shortening up here.
4 Cosmic Transit 3-1 Cataldi inherits this McPeek runner dropping in half off the last try and has the breeding to get this. Gotta include, but won't be surpirsed to see this one fold up
7 Bedbug Eddy 8-1 Afleet Alex firster could be anything out of a barn that cashes 29% first time out (small sample)

GPK
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
my .02 on a couple horses

5th race

7 Beat Your Bluff will be a nice price and fits with this easily.

6th Race

Why is KOC running #3 Right Special in this N1X race when she is still eligible to run in the much softer 50000N2L 9th race? She knows that horse isn't gonna be taken for 50k. Interesting...edit, never mind. I didn't read the race conditions all the way through. #2 Entice has shown a little bit more life in her last two works. Vernon Bush loves the bombs
7th race

I don't like the drop here on Tax and Spend. McMullen must really be trying to dump this horse. Plenty of open 16 claiming turf routes offered where this one would be competitive. Tread lightly at what will be a very short price.

8th race

Edgar Perez...enough said:tro:

9th race

WTF is Rory Miller thinking?

10th race

BigsMC boy Grif with the firster from the rail:tro:

herkhorse
02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Some ideas/spot plays that will be part of my ticket should I jump in

who are you kidding? good luck! :p

golfer
02-25-2010, 06:15 AM
May well carry again, with rain on and off this evening as another cold front makes it’s way across the state will be a stab in the dark to determine if they keep the races on the grass. Some ideas/spot plays that will be part of my ticket should I jump in –

5th race

10 Burning Light 8-1: Ran well 2nd off last year, toss the plastic and the comeback… Gerald Bennett and Ronnie Allen Jr. team up in a fairly paceless event could be very live and an include

6th race

Playing against the favorite 4 Doctor Carina as the 1 1/8th is going to prove to be too much distance again (3-0-0-0 at the 9 panels) and will scratch if the race comes off anyway.
Going to use the 8 CC Cerada 9-2 and the 7 Candle Maker 6-1 if Mott makes the trip.
Off the weeds will need to include the 10 Patti’s Regal Song 5-1 and expecting a big move up for the well bred 1 Whisperer 15-1 for Joan Scott. Both will be over matched if the race stays on.

7th Race

6 El Profeta 5-1 moves up in class off of 2 nice efforts at his preferred distance.
1 Tax and Spend 7-2 will most likely disappoint but must include on the drop here.

8th Race

4 Repent and Rejoice 8-1 looks to have figured it out, can’t deny Perez/D. Bennett clicking at 40%.
7 Bad Medicine 5-2 should have plenty to sit off in here, and do what he does.
6 Presto Chango 5-1 broke mdn impressively last out and could be anything. Leave off KoC/Homeister at your own peril.

9th Race

Tricky turf race, could change dramatically with the omission of a few here should it come off. Either way, will have to find a way to include the 2 Saintly Prospector 8-1 as Rosemary opts here off the favorite for her first turf try. Should be respected if the race comes off as well.

10th Race

12.5 maidens….
9 Doohan 6-1 Proctor on the big drop – turf/dirt – cut back fires an incredible 35.2 on 2/21. Tuned up and ready to leave them in his wake shortening up here.
4 Cosmic Transit 3-1 Cataldi inherits this McPeek runner dropping in half off the last try and has the breeding to get this. Gotta include, but won't be surpirsed to see this one fold up
7 Bedbug Eddy 8-1 Afleet Alex firster could be anything out of a barn that cashes 29% first time out (small sample)

Dan, I respectfully disagree with your stance on Dr Carina. She has had fairly legitimate excuses in her last 3 distance races. Especially in her most recent at Gulf, where despite her being a stone closer, she was wide and near the lead in what was a fairly quick pace for a 1.5 mile race. I'm singling her and hoping they stay on the turf.

herkhorse
02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Kev, I'm with you on the 7 in the 5th. 20 win

herkhorse
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
race 7 pic 4

1-6/5-7/2-8/5-9

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Nice call on Dr. Carina, Seth. Haven't had anytime at all to follow, and just a second to check in..... Oy Gavlt!
Carries I'm sure....

golfer
02-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Nice call on Dr. Carina, Seth. Haven't had anytime at all to follow, and just a second to check in..... Oy Gavlt!
Carries I'm sure....

Thanks Dan. Luckily, I've been following the Doctor pretty closely since the Arlington Meet. I didn't think the distance would be a problem, only the trip.

Rudeboyelvis
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Looks like it paid to 1 ticket :zz: :zz:

$2 Pick 6 (3/8-4-3-7-4-8) 6 Correct Paid $56,128.80 Pick 6 Pool $34,851