PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Reminder

GPK
06-05-2006, 05:46 AM
There is a nice turf race this coming Saturday on the Belmont undercard. If memory serves me correctly, there is this fantastic 4YO running...maybe you have heard of him...

ENGLISH CHANNEL

Pointg5
06-05-2006, 05:57 AM
This looks to be about his maximum distance, Pletcher better have him cranked hard for this one, because I don't think he's fast enough to win at a mile and I don't think he can win against top company going 1 1/2. Get him another G1, because I don't see him winning another one this year and this is probably his last on the track. Looks like a P4 will be running through this race, so I'll probably use him and Cacique, should be a great race, can't wait to watch.

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Sorry Kev, this is the Swallow's race. :p :D

GPK
06-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry Kev, this is the Swallow's race. :p :D

yeah sure...lol

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 06:20 AM
yeah sure...lol

We shall see... :cool:

oracle80
06-05-2006, 06:23 AM
To be heard on Saturday: "And from the back of pack, Cacique has found his best stride and now hes beginning to ROLLLLLLL!!! And here comes Cacique who runs by English Channel and all the rest, and it will be Caicique to take the Manhattan by two lengths, English Channel was 2nd, and Relaxed gesture was third."

GPK
06-05-2006, 06:25 AM
This looks to be about his maximum distance, Pletcher better have him cranked hard for this one, because I don't think he's fast enough to win at a mile and I don't think he can win against top company going 1 1/2. Get him another G1, because I don't see him winning another one this year and this is probably his last on the track. Looks like a P4 will be running through this race, so I'll probably use him and Cacique, should be a great race, can't wait to watch.

MWind...Pletcher has rarely ever worked EC this fast. You normally see him working 4F in :50.

Horse name English Channel
Notes
Activity type Workout
Activity date 05-28-2006
Track Belmont Park
Surface Inner turf (Dogs up)
Distance 4 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 0:48.12
Track condition Firm

GPK
06-05-2006, 06:26 AM
To be heard on Saturday: "And from the back of pack, Cacique has found his best stride and now hes beginning to ROLLLLLLL!!! And here comes Cacique who runs by English Channel and all the rest, and it will be Caicique to take the Manhattan by two lengths, English Channel was 2nd, and Relaxed gesture was third."

And when Caicique loses again, it will be the **** ride, terrible trip, etc....yada yada yada...Im sure when he loses it will have NOTHING to do with getting beat by a better horse.

oracle80
06-05-2006, 06:33 AM
And when Caicique loses again, it will be the **** ride, terrible trip, etc....yada yada yada...Im sure when he loses it will have NOTHING to do with getting beat by a better horse.

Kev you know me much better than that. I call races and trips like I see them, no matter who is involved.
It is not EC's faulty that Pval got locked in the whole way last time with Cacique, thats racing and especially in grass racing, will that happen.
But you have taken something academic and logical and made it personal. Just because you love a ceratin horse doesnt mean that you can just ignore the misfortunes of others blindly.
Kev I always people this, stop and consider, if the trips of the two horses had been reversed, and it was the horse that you love who had been boxed teh whole way and finished with run, would you be telling us all that he had been beaten by a superior horse? I highly doubt it Kev.

GPK
06-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Kev you know me much better than that. I call races and trips like I see them, no matter who is involved.
It is not EC's faulty that Pval got locked in the whole way last time with Cacique, thats racing and especially in grass racing, will that happen.
But you have taken something academic and logical and made it personal. Just because you love a ceratin horse doesnt mean that you can just ignore the misfortunes of others blindly.
Kev I always people this, stop and consider, if the trips of the two horses had been reversed, and it was the horse that you love who had been boxed teh whole way and finished with run, would you be telling us all that he had been beaten by a superior horse? I highly doubt it Kev.

I am blinded by my love, no doubt. Just amazes me how EC always seems to get these perfect trips. Great horses really seem to be blessed with those. In the Woodford he was "bottled up" the whole race. The race prior out west he was forced to go 8-10 wide. Im just waiting for the excuses for this Sat.

oracle80
06-05-2006, 06:50 AM
I am blinded by my love, no doubt. Just amazes me how EC always seems to get these perfect trips. Great horses really seem to be blessed with those. In the Woodford he was "bottled up" the whole race. The race prior out west he was forced to go 8-10 wide. Im just waiting for the excuses for this Sat.

Kev those were two VERY VALID excuse trips.
Its not the horses fault, I dont think hes a trouble finder. In his US debut the tight turns often affect a lot Euros making their first start here.
The 2nd one the horse was well placed and showewd tactical speed much better than his debut, but simply got locked in. I don't think hes an excuse horse, Kev you just don't get it. You put 10 horses who weigh over 1000 pounds in a starting gate and have em run in close quarters and thats whats gonna happen sometimes. YOu simply cant ignore the nightmare trips hes had. But, EC is a great horse and noone ever said he wasnt. Just that belmonts turns are much more sweeping, and less trouble is anticipated, and I dont think he can hold off Cacique if he has a somewhat clean trip.

GPK
06-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Kev those were two VERY VALID excuse trips.
Its not the horses fault, I dont think hes a trouble finder. In his US debut the tight turns often affect a lot Euros making their first start here.
The 2nd one the horse was well placed and showewd tactical speed much better than his debut, but simply got locked in. I don't think hes an excuse horse, Kev you just don't get it. You put 10 horses who weigh over 1000 pounds in a starting gate and have em run in close quarters and thats whats gonna happen sometimes. YOu simply cant ignore the nightmare trips hes had. But, EC is a great horse and noone ever said he wasnt. Just that belmonts turns are much more sweeping, and less trouble is anticipated, and I dont think he can hold off Cacique if he has a somewhat clean trip.

I know they were very valid excuses Mike. Cacique is a wonderful horse and with the right trip he very well may kick EC's ass this Saturday, but I admit I am blinded by my love for EC. I admitted that in the previous thread. I just enjoy talking **** when EC wins. I love the fact that I discovered this guy way back in the spring of last year and thought he had the potential to be a world class turf horse. To see him develop the way he has gives me a certain sense of pride in knowing that I was able to spot his talent early.

GPK
06-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Just like PROUD TOWER TOO Mike. People thought I was nuts saying he would beat Atillas Storm back in Dec. at Santa Anita. I even said to single him that day and people laughed and thought I was crazy. Its that sense of pride in spotting talent. Then PTT goes to Dubai and kicks ass there...

oracle80
06-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Kev
ANyone who saw EC's debut was way ahead of you on spotting talent. Lans and I had singled him in the pik-6 as a first time starter due to my clocker's report. I remember the race like it was yesterday and posted about it on the old site afterwards and said you just saw the Arlington Million winner of 2006.
He completely blew the break that day, and I mean he just totally missed it. Pace was slow on firm turf, and I was swearing and upset that we were gonna lose. His stretch run that day to win going away was a sight to behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the horse and his connections are my faves.
I just think that based on the trips that caicique may have the edge going a mile and a quarter.

GPK
06-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Mike...I am sure there were many people that got the jump in spotting him. He debuted in August of 2004 in your hometown. To be honest, I didnt give a rats ass about turf racing back then. I really didnt come onto the ESPN board until November of that year and I was still in love with Harness racing then. My true love and addiction to to turf racing didnt occur until the Colonial meet last year.

oracle80
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Mike...I am sure there were many people that got the jump in spotting him. He debuted in August of 2004 in your hometown. To be honest, I didnt give a rats ass about turf racing back then. I really didnt come onto the ESPN board until November of that year and I was still in love with Harness racing then. My true love and addiction to to turf racing didnt occur until the Colonial meet last year.

Well maybe you have spotted a champ!! This matchup on Saturday will tell us a lot, both horses should fire their very best races. Both are trained by awesome trainers, both will be ridden by awesome riders, and both are making the third start in their form cycles. really no excuses here for both not to fire their best shot.

Scurlogue Champ
06-05-2006, 08:28 AM
If Grey Swallow is running I am backing him.

jpops757
06-05-2006, 08:56 AM
When will Shakespere join the hunt?

oracle80
06-05-2006, 08:58 AM
When will Shakespere join the hunt?
Geez I forgot about him. He was awesome last year. WOnder where he is. ANybody know whats up with Shakespeare?

GPK
06-05-2006, 09:08 AM
IMO...with the Belmont turning up "weak", this looks to be the race of the day on Saturday.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
hey mood...how was your epsom weekend.....do you know what happened to antios plius..the bc runner upwhen singletary won..every time i see j spencers name in the program i flash back to my worst beat :cool: :cool: i had him on top in the super pick 3 pick 6 tri ..he ran right up singltarys ass and lost momentum..god was i pissed..

randallscott35
06-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Grey Swallow is running in the race. But I don't like him.

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 09:20 AM

Me too. :cool:

Scurlogue Champ
06-05-2006, 11:38 AM
hey mood...how was your epsom weekend.....do you know what happened to antios plius..the bc runner upwhen singletary won..every time i see j spencers name in the program i flash back to my worst beat :cool: :cool: i had him on top in the super pick 3 pick 6 tri ..he ran right up singltarys ass and lost momentum..god was i pissed..

I didn't fare too well on the Derby. I liked Papal Bull, and he didn't get much of a run.

What a nice race though, I am glad for the connections of Sir Percy and I think that the best horse won.

Antonius Pius is standing at stud in Ireland. I had Artie Schiller singled on all my tickets at BC 2004, of course he didn't run a step. If only little Antonius wouldn't have been so keen to look around that day he would have gotten Singletary. Hopefully he will throw some good babies.

Did you get to watch any of the races from Epsom this weekend?

Ouija Board gave Shirocco all she had and he just turned her away like she was Perfect Drift in the stretch. I can't wait for him to meet up with Hurricane Run at Ascot.

By the way, I want to go on record saying that I am 100% sure that Deep Impact will stroke every euro this year in the L'arc De Triomphe......

unless it rains:p

http://www.coolmore.com/stallions/ANTONIUS_PIUS/index.asp?CountryID=1&Country=Ireland&StallionID=170

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I didn't fare too well on the Derby. I liked Papal Bull, and he didn't get much of a run.

What a nice race though, I am glad for the connections of Sir Percy and I think that the best horse won.

Antonius Pius is standing at stud in Ireland. I had Artie Schiller singled on all my tickets at BC 2004, of course he didn't run a step. If only little Antonius wouldn't have been so keen to look around that day he would have gotten Singletary. Hopefully he will throw some good babies.

Did you get to watch any of the races from Epsom this weekend?

Ouija Board gave Shirocco all she had and he just turned her away like she was Perfect Drift in the stretch. I can't wait for him to meet up with Hurricane Run at Ascot.

By the way, I want to go on record saying that I am 100% sure that Deep Impact will stroke every euro this year in the L'arc De Triomphe......

unless it rains:p

http://www.coolmore.com/stallions/ANTONIUS_PIUS/index.asp?CountryID=1&Country=Ireland&StallionID=170
i sure did ...great effort by all..thanks for the info on that horse he will make some good babys..

GPK
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
TURN OUT THE LIGHTS...When EC lopes along 4F like this the week of a race, he is sitting on GO BABY!!!:cool: :D

Horse name English Channel
Notes
Activity type Workout
Activity date 06-05-2006
Track Belmont Park
Surface Inner turf (Dogs up)
Distance 4 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 0:52.91
Track condition Good

Scurlogue Champ
06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I like EC too Kev.

He is good for sure.

I think he gets stroked here though. Grey Swallow all day long, golf pro.

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I like EC too Kev.

He is good for sure.

I think he gets stroked here though. Grey Swallow all day long, golf pro.

I'm glad that he has to hear it from me and from you now. :D I've been goading him for two weeks now. :)