PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks

my miss storm cat
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Dear Partymanners (KirisClown),

I've only heard bits and pieces here and there but I'm so sorry.

For anyone here who doesn't know, his account (with the most fantastic library as most of you know) was suspended because of some Pr**k.

If there's anything anyone here can do to help please let us know.

KirisClown
01-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Thank you MMSC.. I appreciate the note..

Unfortunately it was all due to an individual that actually has worked in the sport of racing.. a person named Jeff Mende..

For anyone interested, here's what happened...

A few years ago I started a YouTube channel to pretty much show fans races they had no way of seeing anymore. Past greats like Holy Bull, Cigar, Skip Away etc.. It steadily built up over time.. by the time it was shut down the other day it had well over 2000 race videos.. and the channel had about 5 million views.

Some time in 2008 the individual (Mende) who had my channel shut down contacted me and said he had many past stakes races on video, recorded on vhs mainly from replay shows and wanted to know if Id like to add them to my channel.. Naturally i said yes..

Everything moved along smoothly until an article about me was written and appeared in the Sunday NY Times sports section.. Once this individual read it he was extremely upset that he was not written about too.. something I had no control over. The author who wrote it was interested in the story behind my channel and what motivated me to do it.. I managed to smooth things out with him though after adding a "special thank you" notice on my channel devoted to him.. so we continued...

Fast Forward a few months to September, to me receiving an email from the upset individual.. demanding that I thank him even more and show more appreciation than I've shown, or he would "pull the plug" on the whole operation.. He continued on, as if he was speaking to a naughty 5yr old.. I wouldn't have any of it and I told him he was taking the fun out of doing it and I no longer wanted to work with him.. I was not doing it for recognition where it seems that was his only intent.

Fast forward again to Thursday night and my channel being shut down.. I received notifications that he claims to own Easy Goer's race videos from Aqueduct, Belmont, Saratoga etc.. He even claims to own the video of Fusaichi Pegasus winning the Kentucky Derby, somehow he convinced YouTube that he personally owns the copyright to the races.

He apparently has worked in different areas of racing before.. but from this experience it appears he is nothing more than any enemy of the sport..

my miss storm cat
01-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I just don't even know what to say... I'm speechless.

This is insane.

I owe so much to you. My interest / addiction didn't start until 2004 so you can imagine the years, decades of famous and fantastic races I had never seen. Hell, the champions and races I had never even heard of (!!!) and there they were. I don't know if people ever tell you how grateful they are, how much they appreciate the time and effort involved.

I'll start.

THANK YOU.

I don't know what happens next... if you fight this nut (I don't know his name... should I?), if there's anything that can be done...

Please just update us. Tell us if there's anything at all we can do to help. If you need to vent or anything at all you have fans here.

You have FRIENDS here.

Indian Charlie
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Turn Coach loose on him.

Indian Charlie
01-10-2010, 01:50 AM
After doing just a tiny bit of digging on Mende, I'm pretty confident he's an assshole. I'll post a little in the paddock.

hockey2315
01-10-2010, 02:35 AM
He has a few posts at PA. . . Seems like a douche bag.

Why someone who cares about the sport would want to deprive fans of seeing races we can't see anywhere else for such a petty reason is beyond me.

Indian Charlie
01-10-2010, 03:49 AM
He has a few posts at PA. . . Seems like a douche bag.

Why someone who cares about the sport would want to deprive fans of seeing races we can't see anywhere else for such a petty reason is beyond me.

He wants adoration and the recognition that he rightfully deserves!

santana
01-10-2010, 05:30 AM
This guy is a huge jerk, to say the least. If you start a petition to send to YOUTUBE, about putting this back up, i am sure we will all sign it.
Jim

TheSpyder
01-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Get the Bykster on the case. If anyone can sort it out, he can!

Holland Hacker
01-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Guy seems like a real "winner" to me. How is it that he owns the copyrights and not NYRA for the NYRA races that just blows my mind. Is his next step to have the NYRA YouTune races taken down as he owns them and not NYRA?

Any way NYRA can contact You Tube and clarify the ownership and copyright information for the NYRA races?

So now when we go to You Tube and do a search for Horse racing the majority of results will at least please PETA as it is all about accidents, mishaps and animal cruelty. That is just fanfu**tastic!

Someone else said it best the guy is a Supreme DB.

Bigsmc
01-10-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm sure he'll get his sooner or later....

A huge thank you to KiriscCown and to Steve for creating this room. Having tossed up a VHS to Youtube video myself (yes only one), I can attest to the incredible amount of work Kiri put into the channel.

I was just enjoying the Durkin on Match Game video Thursday night and suddenly it was all gone.

Here's hoping Youtube sees the light sooner than later. The channel is a treasure to horse racing.

ninetoone
01-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I loved that channel. So sorry to hear that some guy that must have gotten his lunch money taken from him on a regular basis had it taken down. Unbelievable!

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-10-2010, 08:55 AM
byk will be on this guy like the guy that tried to steal his tablecloths on travers day!!!..you dont want none of that!!:eek: :mad:

Arletta
01-10-2010, 09:29 AM
byk will be on this guy like the guy that tried to steal his tablecloths on travers day!!!..you dont want none of that!!:eek: :mad:
:D

Arletta
01-10-2010, 09:30 AM
This guy is a huge jerk, to say the least. If you start a petition to send to YOUTUBE, about putting this back up, i am sure we will all sign it.
Jim

Great idea! Lets get it started!

AeWingnut
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I really enjoyed watching the races you put up on YouTube.

I appreciated the time and energy you took to do it

Thank you

KirisClown
01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Thank you guys and gals for the support.. Im happy you were enjoying the channel before the Mende onslaught..

I have faith that everything will work out for the best in the end..

brianwspencer
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey KC -- just catching up here. You put a ton of work into that and it was an awesome resource, especially for someone who had never been able to see or remember lots of those races because I was too young.

This guy sounds like a total d'bag and any help I can offer in any way is yours.

TouchOfGrey
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM

"The biggest @sshole in racing history." - Byk on ATR 1/11/10

The Indomitable DrugS
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Byk is dead on.

I guess I own sole rights to Ghostzapper's maiden and Belmont alw win - because I taped them on TVG.

That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

rpncaine
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Disagree. What other @sshole has effected as many fans and players with his actions?

The Indomitable DrugS
01-11-2010, 05:53 PM
If that is what he said, then Byk was way over the top.

Was it not at least one of the great a-hole moves?

I suppose Mende is like the Ghostzapper of racing A-holes. I give his posting over the top praise of himself under fake names a 124 A-hole figure. His performance getting KC's Youtube site closed is worthy of a 128 A-hole fig.

You must obviously prefer the types who strike far more often with a steady diet of 118 A-hole figs

Bryan from Erie and Kiri's had an epic library of races between them going back to the mid 80's. It's a shame they're both no more.

Indian Charlie
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
How the hell is he not one of the greatest racing asssholes of all time if he's pulled off one of the greatest assshole maneuvers of all time?

Unless the guy is whacked out on meds or something, I don't see how you can think that.

Not that I have to.

Arletta
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM

I'm sure he said it with the "utmost respect" to Mende :)

KirisClown
01-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Was it not at least one of the great a-hole moves?

I suppose Mende is like the Ghostzapper of racing A-holes. I give his posting over the top praise of himself under fake names a 124 A-hole figure. His performance getting KC's Youtube site closed is worthy of a 128 A-hole fig.

You must obviously prefer the types who strike far more often with a steady diet of 118 A-hole figs

Bryan from Erie and Kiri's had an epic library of races between them going back to the mid 80's. It's a shame they're both no more.

Thats a good one Doug.. I like A-Hole figs..

Sadly your videos of Ghostzapper and Artie Schiller were knocked out by this mess too.. even Riskaverse's maiden..

The loss of Bryan's channel was pretty bad.. that was due to his uploading of European races.. which is a no no on YouTube for some reason..

KirisClown
01-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Just a small update..

I've filed counter claims with YouTube over the videos.. So now according to their site he needs to file a court order in an allotted time to keep the videos down. We'll see what happens as this weird story continues...

chucklestheclown
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
How long does he have to drag this out?

Sightseek
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Just a small update..

I've filed counter claims with YouTube over the videos.. So now according to their site he needs to file a court order in an allotted time to keep the videos down. We'll see what happens as this weird story continues...

Good luck and thanks for all of your efforts before this happened and in trying to keep your channel alive!

KirisClown
01-13-2010, 03:59 AM
How long does he have to drag this out?

From the notifications I got today... 10 to 14 days...

KirisClown
01-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Good luck and thanks for all of your efforts before this happened and in trying to keep your channel alive!

Thank you.. we lost your video of Estrapade winning the Arlington Million too..

Let's hope it can all be saved..

Danzig
01-13-2010, 06:19 AM
good luck with your battle kiris!

Sightseek
01-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Thank you.. we lost your video of Estrapade winning the Arlington Million too..

Let's hope it can all be saved..

The way I look at it, is it's your video because you did all of the hard work on getting it up there...it's too bad the crybaby doesn't feel the same way. :)

Indian Charlie
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Who the freak cares who gets credit for the videos!!!!!

brianwspencer
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Byk is dead on.

I guess I own sole rights to Ghostzapper's maiden and Belmont alw win - because I taped them on TVG.

That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I'm imagining you probably own sole rights to an awful lot of PPV from back in the pre-streaming internet video days too then, right?

Patrick333
01-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Ditto from me.

Patrick333
01-16-2010, 09:06 AM
How would you have described what this guy did? I think Steve's remark is right on target.

KirisClown
01-28-2010, 11:58 PM
The channel has been reactivated..

Some of the small functions still need to come back(video thumbnail photos etc.), but the channel and the videos are available to view again.. Let's hope it stays that way.. :)

AeWingnut
01-29-2010, 05:43 AM
that's great

Duvalier
01-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Very glad to hear. Appreciate all the work you put into that channel KC.

Sightseek
01-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Yay!

my miss storm cat
01-29-2010, 11:08 AM
That's wonderful news!!!!! :) :tro:

Indian Charlie
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Any word from Mende?

Indian Charlie
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh, and can we get back those deleted threads from the screening room?

Byk??

Kasept
01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh, and can we get back those deleted threads from the screening room?

Byk??
I think Kiri must have deleted those himself. They aren't appearing as restorable.

Indian Charlie
01-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Dang nabit!

Can he restore them?

Kasept
01-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Dang nabit!

Can he restore them?
He's the moderator for the room, but if they weren't permanently deleted, I'd be able to see them "shadowed" as restorable. You have option as mod to permanently delete or just take down from view. I think we'll have to rebuild the room...

Indian Charlie
01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
He's the moderator for the room, but if they weren't permanently deleted, I'd be able to see them "shadowed" as restorable. You have option as mod to permanently delete or just take down from view. I think we'll have to rebuild the room...

Ok.

I'll start with the thread I remember best, the Indian Charlie thread.

Danzig
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM
The channel has been reactivated..

Some of the small functions still need to come back(video thumbnail photos etc.), but the channel and the videos are available to view again.. Let's hope it stays that way.. :)

congratulations!! so glad you won this one.

chucklestheclown
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Congrats!

KirisClown
02-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Any word from Mende?

He's made an appearance on PaceAdvantage tonight, he's really trying to make me look like the bad guy. :rolleyes:

This coming on the heels of him threatening to shut down the channel again this afternoon..

Here's the link to it..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66443

golfer
02-07-2010, 04:57 AM
He's made an appearance on PaceAdvantage tonight, he's really trying to make me look like the bad guy. :rolleyes:

This coming on the heels of him threatening to shut down the channel again this afternoon..

Here's the link to it..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66443

That guy is a COMPLETE AZZHOLE. He needs to crawl back under his rock, and stay there alone until he dies.

Duvalier
02-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Is this guy Mende for real? Is he really that much of a jackass?

Indian Charlie
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow, I read that thread. Clearly Kiri is a jerk for not sending a pack of hookers to his house as a show of gratitude.

I would like to state that the idiot on PA who is using my moniker there has no connection to me.

As the copyright holder to the name, I'm going to try to get that guy banned.

my miss storm cat
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Wow what a fuc**ng loser this guy is.

Sorry for all the (unnecessary) stress he's giving you.

Looks like someone doesn't get enough attention in real life...

Pr**k.

Kasept
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
For those that missed the interesting last few days of this wild story, catch up with it at Kevin Martin's terrific Colin's Ghost Blog. The suggestion of quickly archiving the Partymanners Channels races from the other day in the updated PA thread has been rapidly accomplished:

Race Fans Rally to Save Historic Race Archive, 2010 (http://colinsghost.org/2010/02/race-fans-rally-to-save-historical-race-archive-2010.html)

The next steps have yet to be addressed, but at least if the You Tube channels are again attacked by evil Dr. Mendele, the files are safely copied for re-booting elsewhere.

Patrick333
02-10-2010, 09:07 AM
The guy certainly seems like a real loser. What the heck is he really trying to accomplish anyway?

Indian Charlie
02-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Dr. Mendele!

Good one Byk!

Kasept
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Dr. Mendele!

Good one Byk!
Thank you... I'll be here all week! Please tip your server generously...

Indian Charlie
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you... I'll be here all week! Please tip your server generously...

I wonder how many people here will even understand the Dr. Mendele reference!

Kasept
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder how many people here will even understand the Dr. Mendele reference!
I/C,

The crickets indicate less than I thought... Ello Elle.

A prominent on air paddock host told me a few years ago -- when I first took over ATR and mentioned that I was concerned a literary or cinematic reference I had made was too esoteric -- that the percentage which got the reference would enjoy it immensely, and many of the rest might make an effort to figure it out. But he said to always go ahead with the comment or thought. He was right too, because I receive Email every time those references are made.

Sightseek
02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Were we supposed to applaud or something if we got it? :p

The Indomitable DrugS
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I/C,

The crickets indicate less than I thought... Ello Elle.

A prominent on air paddock host told me a few years ago -- when I first took over ATR and mentioned that I was concerned a literary or cinematic reference I had made was too esoteric -- that the percentage which got the reference would enjoy it immensely, and many of the rest might make an effort to figure it out. But he said to always go ahead with the comment or thought. He was right too, because I receive Email every time those references are made.

That's yet another reason why you should never listen to Mike Battaglia.

Kasept
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Were we supposed to applaud or something if we got it? :p
Phone cam boo-bees..?

Sightseek
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Phone cam boo-bees..?

( * ) ( * )

Kasept
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
( * ) ( * )

:rolleyes:

Mmmmmm.... Sighty!

Wait.... Those aren't yours..

....unless you've had some recent 'work done'. Heh, heh.

Sightseek
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
:mad:

Antitrust32
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
LOL!