PDA

View Full Version : This board

Scav
06-04-2006, 10:08 PM
is worst then ESPN, had enough of the bullshit....

I'll be back once...

1) People starting actually capping and taking the picks for what they are worth

2) People realize that this is a message board, I could tell everyone I am the president's ill-legitmate child or that I am mother Teresa's oldest son.....

3) People start respecting people. And this doesn't mean no arguing, but there is a right way to argue and a wrong way. People, ALL PEOPLE, not just here, need to learn how to handle critizing and people acting out on people

4) People stop needed there asses kissed once they hit a winner. I personally only show the good tickets I hit, I can care less about the $200 Win ticket on a 2/1, all that does is give me more ammo....I also admit when I get smoked, like today.....

Peace

I will be getting PM's and responding to them, especially for the people interested in Arlington info

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Night DTS..... I agree with you.....I'll say this about that. I and the close friends I have and even my brother who play this game battle and just like that in person,heated arguments....I've taken it as part of the game. I make no judgement on a human being who and when is playing this game. For they are always a different person away from the window. And as a person who loves the game It seems we all get along away from the windows. Just my opinion.

I am only here to listen to you guys and try and learn from you'r opinions and you'r bets you make. Trying to better myself as a handicapper. Although I do like to post.Why? because some people like you Scav know what the hell yer talking about. I hope I have'nt stepped on any ones toes here. I't would be ashame if some of you guys start leaving. Just my opinion.

Suffolk Shippers
06-04-2006, 10:22 PM

I'll be back once...

1) People starting actually capping and taking the picks for what they are worth

2) People realize that this is a message board, I could tell everyone I am the president's ill-legitmate child or that I am mother Teresa's oldest son.....

3) People start respecting people. And this doesn't mean no arguing, but there is a right way to argue and a wrong way. People, ALL PEOPLE, not just here, need to learn how to handle critizing and people acting out on people

4) People stop needed there asses kissed once they hit a winner. I personally only show the good tickets I hit, I can care less about the $200 Win ticket on a 2/1, all that does is give me more ammo....I also admit when I get smoked, like today.....

Peace

I will be getting PM's and responding to them, especially for the people interested in Arlington info

I also think people light up on this board and are just getting in pissing contests, and I'm not sure why. I don't think pissing contests was what the Bykster had in mind when putting this shindig on the web. I thought there would be some intelligent conversation between everyone on the board, novice or old sage wiseman...there has been, but it is typically drown out by the loudness of people fighting and pissing back and forth. I'm not going anywhere though.

Buffymommy
06-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Scavs,

I really am Gary Stevens new hot wife ya know? :D

Come on that was funny! Why all the drama today?

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-04-2006, 10:37 PM
AMEN SCAV!
Now down to real business, who will be the one to catch in the Belmont Stakes? Bluegrass Cat, High Finance or someone one else.

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 10:38 PM
AMEN SCAV!
Now down to real business, who will be the one to catch in the Belmont Stakes? Bluegrass Cat, High Finance or someone one else.
May I respond to that...?

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Sure, what's your opinion. That's what this board is about right?

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 10:47 PM
To me Blue grass cat is the one to gun. As for gunning him down. I love Steppen off his last work. I believe that this horse can be set closer the pace. I think and hope that Pietz would ask that of Robby Albarado. But if he lets Robby take control I think it would be a bad thing. He tends to think he is Patient Pat at times laying back and making that one run. Just his style I guess.

Crown@club
06-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Its about the Purple Aces laying a hurt in the College Baseball Playoffs. How they will beat the Gamecocks again tomorrow tonight and head to the Semis. Its ok buddy. C'mon!!!!!:)

westcoastinvader
06-05-2006, 04:01 AM
"Purple Aces" seems awfully close to "purple as*es."

I thought "Gamecocks" was a suspect name, but "Purple Aces" is just frickin' weird.

The Cocks will pound the Aces tomorrow.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-05-2006, 05:36 AM

I'll be back once...

Peace

Don't Snap on us.

oracle80
06-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Scav I really thought I controlled myself quite well. Turns out it was a rich kid who came here to try and gain support to sell some sort of tip sheet. I actually waited until I saw his temper starting to go and got him to expose himself. It was kinda fun.
In any case its Monday so back to work it is. I love our Monday/Tuesday morning chats best of all because most of us(I know I dont) play any races on Monday or Tuesday. No selections, no picks, nothing. Just good natured chat about who we think will win the upcoming stakes races and what we thought of the stakes races that were run over the weekend.
Scav I now you had a bad weekend at the windows, but put it to bed for a few days, and try em next weekend.
Shoot I love Mondays, I like being back to work and not having to cap the DRF. On the 2nd cup of coffee already and my "must call" list is about a mile long. The "must do" list is longer!!!!

Scav
06-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Crown - That is unbelievable that Evansville is good at something....Their baseball team is generally pretty good right? SIU used to be one of the best in the nation in the 70's and 80's but that was obviously way back when....

Mike - Listen, it isn't about how I did at the windows, I actually didn't lose any money this weekend, I was positive cash flow, but I should have been positive about 100 times more then I was, bad planning that is all. This is all about how people treat people on here. I HAVE NO ISSUE with you defending yourself because you do get alot of crap from people. it is how you do it.....I wish I could program you to ignore the goating that goes on because that is all that people are doing. They know all they have to do is call you an idiot and you go off the handle.

Togacapper - you haven't stepped on a single person's toes, there is a long history with some people here. I personally appreciate the compliment in you saying I have a clue, thank you

Scuds: You get to snap, how come not me? (jk)

To All: The pissing contests have to stop. if someone picks a winner, say 'good hit' and move on, if it is a bomb that makes no sense, ask the person "where did you come up with this"

This is an internet board, we have no idea what is true and what isn't, for all you guys know the 10k I put through on Saturday, could have really been 1k, and I was just trying to talk the talk, can I prove I did put through close to 10k on Saturday, yeah, but honestly, what does that prove to anyone? That I am not a liar?

We are suppose to be here to pick winners and get better at capping.

If you don't believe something, whatever, you don't believe something, no reason to attack someone. Also, learning how to argue constructively instead of insulting, degrading, and insanely will go a long way also.

miraja2
06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
No way is this place worse then the ESPN board. I have still been on there this last week and it is pretty bad. When you guys all left, I just stayed over there since I'm pretty new and none of you guys know me anyway. It isn't the trolls that bother me, but since you guys left there just is not any good info or discussion over there, so I made the switch. So if there is some BS and pissing contests over here, well I hope it stops, but the quality of the info & the discussion that a lot of people on this site bring make it worth it.

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Crown - That is unbelievable that Evansville is good at something....Their baseball team is generally pretty good right? SIU used to be one of the best in the nation in the 70's and 80's but that was obviously way back when....

Mike - Listen, it isn't about how I did at the windows, I actually didn't lose any money this weekend, I was positive cash flow, but I should have been positive about 100 times more then I was, bad planning that is all. This is all about how people treat people on here. I HAVE NO ISSUE with you defending yourself because you do get alot of crap from people. it is how you do it.....I wish I could program you to ignore the goating that goes on because that is all that people are doing. They know all they have to do is call you an idiot and you go off the handle.

Togacapper - you haven't stepped on a single person's toes, there is a long history with some people here. I personally appreciate the compliment in you saying I have a clue, thank you

Scuds: You get to snap, how come not me? (jk)

To All: The pissing contests have to stop. if someone picks a winner, say 'good hit' and move on, if it is a bomb that makes no sense, ask the person "where did you come up with this"

This is an internet board, we have no idea what is true and what isn't, for all you guys know the 10k I put through on Saturday, could have really been 1k, and I was just trying to talk the talk, can I prove I did put through close to 10k on Saturday, yeah, but honestly, what does that prove to anyone? That I am not a liar?

We are suppose to be here to pick winners and get better at capping.

If you don't believe something, whatever, you don't believe something, no reason to attack someone. Also, learning how to argue constructively instead of insulting, degrading, and insanely will go a long way also.

Good post, Tom. That's exactly how I feel about it too.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
this place is great and for now troll free....
scavs thanks for keepin it real...........
scuds ..please tell me how the 2 wins the big carry over first race..at 40 -1
im still thinking there was a buzzer or is this the wwe...lol hollywood roundup..

and to steve byk..thanks for having this place again...:cool: :cool:

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
what did i miss,
jeez you stay off the computer for 2 days and all this drama. get a grip man, just post away and be friendly.
nothing to get all bent about. its hyperspace for god sake.

Crown@club
06-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Actually - UE always had a good baseball program. I remember when we use to beat up on Notre Dame when we were both part of the MCC. Back in the old days when we had the Benes brothers, Powerhouse Sal Fasano, and the Carroll family. Then there were the deadbeat pot-smokers, who played well also. LOL!

They have been playing great this year, especially when their backs are against the wall.

I'll move this over to the off-topic area if needed.

WestCoast,
15-5 thumping!!!! 15-5!!!! Go ACES!!!

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Actually - UE always had a good baseball program. I remember when we use to beat up on Notre Dame when we were both part of the MCC. Back in the old days when we had the Benes brothers, Powerhouse Sal Fasano, and the Carroll family. Then there were the deadbeat pot-smokers, who played well also. LOL!

They have been playing great this year, especially when their backs are against the wall.

I'll move this over to the off-topic area if needed.

WestCoast,
15-5 thumping!!!! 15-5!!!! Go ACES!!!

hey this is in the wrong area !!!!
you been drinkin already today ??

slotdirt
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Guys, girls, Scavs...I mean, no offense meant to anybody - I respect Scavs more than just about anybody posting here - but these "this is my last post until ____ happens" posts are just getting out of hand. It's an internet message board and a free forum, and until we start paying for the use of Derbytrail.com, I don't think we can really complain to anybody about who or what posts here. Just enjoy yourself, don't take anybody or anything too seriously, and talk horses.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Scavs,I have not fought with anybody on here,but racing is all about differing opinions.So,it is natural that people are gunna disagree.I have put up with these equine husbandry types for a week now,and said nothing.Do I want them here? No. Do they like gamblers here? No. I wish they would go ride their horse in the trails and leave us alone,but it ain't gunna happen.So,we all have to put up with each other.I gave out the 6th race exacta at HWD yesterday.Oracle gave out the pick 6.Patrick gave out a nice price at Lonestar.As long as the board is picking prices,I don't know how anybody can complain about it being confrontational.I would rather have some good players that are rough,than churchgoers that can't cap.Maybe people should just realize that the best cappers are not gunna be f'n Keebler elves.

http://www.kelloggs.com/hollowtree4kids/

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 10:27 AM

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Scavs,I have not fought with anybody on here,but racing is all about differing opinions.So,it is natural that people are gunna disagree.I have put up with these equine husbandry types for a week now,and said nothing.Do I want them here? No. Do they like gamblers here? No. I wish they would go ride their horse in the trails and leave us alone,but it ain't gunna happen.So,we all have to put up with each other.I gave out the 6th race exacta at HWD yesterday.Oracle gave out the pick 6.Patrick gave out a nice price at Lonestar.As long as the board is picking prices,I don't know how anybody can complain about it being confrontational.I would rather have some good players that are rough,than churchgoers that can't cap.Maybe people should just realize that the best cappers are not gunna be f'n Keebler elves.

scuds where can i get the keebler elves tip sheet...lol

SCUDSBROTHER
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
scuds where can i get the keebler elves tip sheet...lol

Hooves they are nothing but a bunch of Fudge Artists.Enough said.

Scav
06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Guys, girls, Scavs...I mean, no offense meant to anybody - I respect Scavs more than just about anybody posting here - but these "this is my last post until ____ happens" posts are just getting out of hand. It's an internet message board and a free forum, and until we start paying for the use of Derbytrail.com, I don't think we can really complain to anybody about who or what posts here. Just enjoy yourself, don't take anybody or anything too seriously, and talk horses.

Slot, I agree, but I was just trying to get some sort of order....just ridiculous...ALL I want to talk about is winners and how horses won races, or ran like crap, and how Laviolette sucks

oracle80
06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I have to admit that the "this is my last post" things are pretty comical.
Its a message board guys, not life itself. Lots of things in life that are more important(about a million of them).

jpops757
06-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I have to admit that the "this is my last post" things are pretty comical.
Its a message board guys, not life itself. Lots of things in life that are more important(about a million of them).
Why does everyone hace to threaten with "ALAST POST"? Just stop posting.Some things bother me here but this isnt my board its our board. Most of my post probably look stupit to most here but generally Im sincere.If any want to ignore that is your right.