PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Pik-6 today

oracle80
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Heres my best effort after agonizing and theorizing and scrutunizing.

4th- 1,7,10
5th- 5,6,7,10
6th- 3,7,9
7th- 3
8th- 2,6
9th- 1,2,3,9

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks Like A Winner Mike, Agree With Most Of Your Picks. I'll Also Be Using Cheerily In The 6th.
7/10/1
6/10
6/9
2/6

oracle80
08-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Mark,
Still hoping to meet you here one of these days. This card makes you appreciate the normal cards they have here. And if today's doesn't tomorrow's certainly will!!!
It could be worse, much worse. This is the first day where I looked at teh card and said man this stinks. Out at Del Mar they simply have no horses to fill allowance races. Racing secretary writes the races and they don't fill. California racing is in very bad shape these days. Back about 5-7 years ago a friend of mine and myself would schlep on down to the downstairs carousel after the live races here and try Del Mar. We bailed out a lotta times down there and got to name it "Del Mar dinners". We would joke that we didn't have enough money to go out to a good dinner and we would hit Del Mar and end up out to dinner someplace courtesy of Del mar. The races there used to mirror the races here and were great fun to play. It was like getting 9 live races from Toga and then lots more at Del Mar that were just as good. Now its just terrible. The cards there are inundated with the cheapest claimers you ever saw and the new famous Del mar staple, 2Yo maiden claiming races. These races, to me, rank lower than any races I can think of. They are next to impossible and depressing to try and handicap and bet. I still peruse Del mar each day and just can't believe how awful the cards are.
I think the racing this year has been sensational, win or lose, yo have to admit they have put on one hell of a show up here.
But today is basically summarized by the beginning and end of the card. It begins with a steeplechase and ends with an impossible to decipher non winners of one sprint on the grass for Ny-breds. Man, thats bad.

Gander
08-17-2006, 11:41 AM
No Speedjama in the last race Mike? While he will no doubt be an underlay in this spot, I think he may be tough to beat if Bejarano sends.

2MinsToPost
08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Sorry bout that beat in the 5th Mike, always another day

Gander
08-17-2006, 03:23 PM
I dont think Mike was too confident nor even went or played today. Hes probably playing golf or laying out on a beach somewhere.
This card is completely hopeless.

2 Dollar Bill
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Sooooo True about California Racing.... Delmar and Saratoga were the ""summer places to be"".... and I belive that Saratoga has passed Delmar..and looking at it in its rear view... Even the jockeys are coming Back east...