PDA

View Full Version : Are you willing?

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I mean no trouble by asking this question, please keep this in mind.

Are you willing to pay x amount for info per day/week/month from x source?

What is your limit? $10 a week? $20 a week?

Just curious.

I myself will not partake at the above prices. I'll pay $5 for the DRF and give it a whirl with what I know, which is not much but at times has been enough to score.

I mean no offense to anyone on here, just curious about your thoughts. If the price is right, I'll play.

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 06:31 PM
And I rarely play more then 2 days a week fyi

Suffolk Shippers
06-04-2006, 06:36 PM
No offense meant to any 'cappers out here, but I like making my own judgements on the cards I play and wouldn't look to buy anyone else's picks.
I think some of the fun in handicapping is that you develop tendencies and play a certain angle, etc and I don't feel that enjoyment taking others picks.

Not to say they arent great picks because I have read many picks on here (not wagered however) and there are plenty good ones out there.

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
No offense meant to any 'cappers out here, but I like making my own judgements on the cards I play and wouldn't look to buy anyone else's picks.
I think some of the fun in handicapping is that you develop tendencies and play a certain angle, etc and I don't feel that enjoyment taking others picks.

Not to say they arent great picks because I have read many picks on here (not wagered however) and there are plenty good ones out there.

ditto, my thoughts exactly

I get great joy out of picking my own winners no matter the method but I refuse to pay to get somebody's "inside" info. No thanks. I know some people who have shared info and I scored with their info so what I do is repay them with other forms of payment, not a monthly subscription but rather a nice dinner, a gift certificate, round of golf etc

chromer
06-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I find minimal joy in hitting a winner that someone else gave me. It's still joy. But it's minimal.

I like reading the picks others make in the selections section but mostly it's because I am looking for angles they found that I might have missed. Someone posting "I like the the 8" is meaningless. Someone posting "I like the 8 because he..." is better. My knowing the 8 is underbet because of "..." is best.

I think the money made is overrated. I like the puzzle.

I freely admit that I have a losing record on betting horses since I started tracking it in 1999. I have 1 winning year (though I am up so far in 2006 which will be 2 if it continues). I don't bet as much as I used to. But I still love the game.

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 06:48 PM
I find minimal joy in hitting a winner that someone else gave me. It's still joy. But it's minimal.

I like reading the picks others make in the selections section but mostly it's because I am looking for angles they found that I might have missed. Someone posting "I like the the 8" is meaningless. Someone posting "I like the 8 because he..." is better. My knowing the 8 is underbet because of "..." is best.

I freely admit that I have a losing record on betting horses since I started tracking it in 1999. I have 1 winning year (though I am up so far in 2006 which will be 2 if it continues). I don't bet as much as I used to. But I still love the game.

amen, can I get an amen?

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
What I am saying is this plain and simple -

If Oracle wants to start selling his info -

This derbytrail.com poster is not buying

plain and simple, and I know darn well back a few months ago he said he would not sell his info but low and behold he is planning that already

oracle80
06-04-2006, 06:59 PM
What I am saying is this plain and simple -

If Oracle wants to start selling his info -

This derbytrail.com poster is not buying

plain and simple, and I know darn well back a few months ago he said he would not sell his info but low and behold he is planning that already

Nobody is saying that you have to buy it. Nobody!!!

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 07:02 PM

that's cause we live in the USA which is a free market enterprise

I wish you luck if you pursue but I will not play along, I'll let someone else

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
fyi Mike,

I know you hate to be proven wrong so let me find, and this will take me a couple days possibly, where you proclaimed to not be interested in selling info

lmfao when I bust this out

Pointg5
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
This is the Curt we know...

It would depend on the price, I enjoy capping on my own, but I have no connections in the business and I can't watch races every day. Two things that are valuable and that you can incorporate into your own handicapping, is workout info and trip bias, take this with sheet figs and your own analysis and you could be deadly.

I tend to check results and read about horse racing daily, because I love the game, but I tend to bet large amounts on certain days. I pool my money with my buddy, we each put in $200 bucks into a pot on Oaks Day, we played the Oaks card, Derby Card and Preakness Card. We now have 2 grand in the pot and we are looking to use every bit of it on Belmont day, so any info I have while betting that money, I would be willing to use...

oracle80
06-04-2006, 07:11 PM
fyi Mike,

I know you hate to be proven wrong so let me find, and this will take me a couple days possibly, where you proclaimed to not be interested in selling info

lmfao when I bust this out

Someone I trust comvinced me that the info I have bene giving is worth money. Someone you know who posts here. I know what I have said. Ive been convinced otherwise.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
yes curt we know you..and of course you could not comment and say good luck..no you had to start a post to get down on the idea..i dont know why you were alllowed to post here at all...its only a matter of time till you get loaded and tell us about your job you lost , your fam problems and other nausia..please just be gone..loser

packerbacker7964
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey O your a great capper but now your starting to sound like the fartingshark we all know and love to hate. Good luck though if it works out for you. I've seen guys with much less talent than you make a living out of it. Now who do like in the 1st at Belmont Weds?

oracle80
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey O your a great capper but now your starting to sound like the fartingshark we all know and love to hate. Good luck though if it works out for you. I've seen guys with much less talent than you make a living out of it. Now who do like in the 1st at Belmont Weds?
Packer, I just posted the winning pik-6 at the wood for all to see before it went off, how much is my stuff really worth?

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I love how everyone figures out who the poster is. It tells me one thing, someone I can no longer trust with info. Ain't no thing. I gave that Mother ****er a $27 winner yesterday at River, punk ass.

You all take care. Buy into his program. Mike and Steve are on a gold mine.

Oh yeah Mike P, aka Oracle, when you receive that $50 Gift Certificate enjoy. I prefer you stick it up your flippin ass bitch.

It's me, Curt, since someone, who was the only one, called me out obviously.

Ya'll take it easy

2MinsToPost
06-04-2006, 07:49 PM
yes curt we know you..and of course you could not comment and say good luck..no you had to start a post to get down on the idea..i dont know why you were alllowed to post here at all...its only a matter of time till you get loaded and tell us about your job you lost , your fam problems and other nausia..please just be gone..loser

don't gamble your life away biotch

packerbacker7964
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey O it's your BBQ and the food taste great buddy. For me your picks are useless to me for the reason I don't have the bank roll like you high rollers of the game. I own part of a couple cheap claimers and spend around $50 at the track when I go. I tend to spread around a couple $5 ex's and maybe a Part-wheel tri for $24. You cap great don't get me wrong but it's like me listening to Donald Trump on real estate advice my small bank account. Do see what I'm trying to say?

Pointg5
06-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I love how everyone figures out who the poster is. It tells me one thing, someone I can no longer trust with info. Ain't no thing. I gave that Mother ****er a $27 winner yesterday at River, punk ass.

Oh yeah Mike P, aka Oracle, when you receive that $50 Gift Certificate enjoy. I prefer you stick it up your flippin ass bitch.

Ya'll take it easy

Didn't take a genuis to figure it out Curt, you talked about Silver Train and knowing a jockey agent multiple times on the old board and then you did it on this board. I remember almost everything I read, so I knew it was you. I didn't care if you post or not, but Scavs didn't tell me. Just chill out...

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Didn't take a genuis to figure it out Curt, you talked about Silver Train and knowing a jockey agent multiple times on the old board and then you did it on this board. I remember almost everything I read, so I knew it was you. I didn't care if you post or not, but Scavs didn't tell me. Just chill out...
all who know you......still know you..you just blew a gasket...sooo comedy..........................short fuse.....short ----

oracle80
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Ya'll take it easy

Curt,
I have told Scavs in private messages that he will attest to that you have higher honor and class than 99% of the people I have ever met.
This is the truth folks!! Whatever Curts faults may be, he is a man of honor and integrity and I respect him!!!

oracle80
06-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey O it's your BBQ and the food taste great buddy. For me your picks are useless to me for the reason I don't have the bank roll like you high rollers of the game. I own part of a couple cheap claimers and spend around $50 at the track when I go. I tend to spread around a couple $5 ex's and maybe a Part-wheel tri for $24. You cap great don't get me wrong but it's like me listening to Donald Trump on real estate advice my small bank account. Do see what I'm trying to say?

Packer,
Despite what I may post, anyone who knows me knows my heart is as big as a volkswagen. I'm a sucker, and have been played many times. Never stops me though, anyone I can help out I will, and you are on that list. You will never thirst for knowledge. I've got ya.

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
"I like reading the picks others make in the selections section but mostly it's because I am looking for angles they found that I might have missed. Someone posting "I like the the 8" is meaningless. Someone posting "I like the 8 because he..." is better. My knowing the 8 is underbet because of "..." is best."

Could'nt say it better Chromer....But I need to be better with why I like a horse!

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Curt,
I have told Scavs in private messages that he will attest to that you have higher honor and class than 99% of the people I have ever met.
This is the truth folks!! Whatever Curts faults may be, he is a man of honor and integrity and I respect him!!!
common mike ..lets be real...ill buy you a beer in toga or dinner when i see you..but to say a guy who is a total loser is a class guy cuz he sent you a gift card...id dont know man are you turning ino a hoe..:cool: :cool: :cool:

oracle80
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
common mike ..lets be real...ill buy you a beer in toga or dinner when i see you..but to say a guy who is a total loser is a class guy cuz he sent you a gift card...id ont know man are you turning ino a hoe..:cool: :cool: :cool:
Hooves,
guy has a drinking problem, But sober he is a man of honor. Im sorry but he is. I have to tell it like it is, and Curt is a man of honor when he lays off the bottles. hes ok hooves

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
whatever............i guess all of you should send mike a little something...whats the address...............

Danzig
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
my father always said, and i agree with him, that what a man says drunk he means completely, totally. it's the honest truth--he just hasn't got the guts to say it when he's sober.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 08:20 PM
my father always said, and i agree with him, that what a man says drunk he means completely, totally. it's the honest truth--he just hasn't got the guts to say it when he's sober.
LOL..........ILL LEAVE IT ALONE...MIKES GOT A PROJECT GOING...ILL GIVE YOU 8 MONTHS TILL HE SPEWS INSULT AND TELLS HIS PROBLEMS...8 MONTHS......AND ILL RESPECT THIS GUY LIKE ANY OTHER...GOOD LUCK..YCIK TICK TICK..

GPK
06-04-2006, 08:21 PM

could not have said it any better myself Deb.

Cajungator26
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM

That's not always true...

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Women never believe me....LOL

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 08:25 PM
That's not always true...
accept i love you when trying to get nookie at the bar..lol:cool:

oracle80
06-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Hooves, hes a real moron when drunk, but the guy has conversed with me whne sober, and hes been a true moron to me, but anyway, give teh guy a shot. It aint abot a gift certif, its about a guy whose nice when sober.

Downthestretch55
06-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Peace all.
You know I come to this board for information and entertainment.
Most of the time this board has been great.
Today it got a bit "toxic".
Time to "chill".
Peace.
DTS

Nostradamus
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM

You post your pick 6 ticket and people will buy. Where is the ticket?

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Night DTS..... I agree with you.....I'll say this about that. I and the close friends I have and even my brother who play this game battle and just like that in person,heated arguments....I've taken it as part of the game. I make no judgement on a human being who and when is playing this game. For they are always a different person away from the window. And as a person who loves the game It seems we all get along away from the windows. Just my opinion.

Nostradamus
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Hooves,
guy has a drinking problem, But sober he is a man of honor. Im sorry but he is. I have to tell it like it is, and Curt is a man of honor when he lays off the bottles. hes ok hooves

And you are a compulsive gambler. Doesn't give you a right to be a jerk.

Suffolk Shippers
06-04-2006, 08:37 PM

I picked up the game during college in 2001, and I will freely admit I ran up a VISA card to get off the ground :o) I took my lumps and lost plenty, but have been on the positive side of the ledger since 2004.

In addition to my love of the animal, I play because of the intelligence involved to play and knowing that if I can outsmart most and see some angles they may not see, the reward will be high. To get those high rewards, their sometimes need to be high risk, which is where the fun comes, and you hope your intelligent, well versed risks are more solid than someone elses. I play a few cards a week, and I ring in my weekend with "The Quarters" on TVG every Thursday.

That being said, this is the United States, Oracle (and others) are free to sell anything they want. Their picks, their biases, their bodies, WHATEVER :rolleyes: . I wont be buying, but the man is building his own free enterprise, so to each his own.

In other news, I paid Capital One back everything I owed from college gambling when I hit the super in the 2003 Breeders Cup Classic which was almost 5k for a $1, if I recall.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-04-2006, 09:28 PM
hey ora your ""class"" guy is burning you on the cross at espn..sooooo comedy:cool: :cool: :cool:

pgardn
06-04-2006, 09:59 PM
The fun in this whole thing is figuring it out for yourself. It is beyond me why anyone would buy cheat sheets or picks from anyone unless they are lazy and really dont want to learn. If one feels they are getting slighted because they dont have any "inside information", then go to the track and get to know people if that is possible. I have gathered through the years that each track has its own little nuances, and that if you are doing this for entertainment gained only thru winning money, your playing for the wrong reasons.

So I say lets have some fun comparing notes on how we play, along with what we play.

Scav
06-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Ya'll take it easy

Absolutely UNREAL Curt, I tell you.

I GAVE you the benefit of the doubt, I told you I wouldn't tell a sole and I didn't tell a friggin single person. It is really unbelieveable that in essence, you are making me look like a jerkoff for letting you come back and be "secretitive", me basically lying to everyone who you were.

I don't even want to waste my time with this anyone. GFY

Buffymommy
06-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Dang, should Steve rename the board "Desperate Horseplayers". Drama, drama, drama.

What is up with all the drama?

Suffolk Shippers
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Dang, should Steve rename the board "Desperate Horseplayers". Drama, drama, drama.

winner of the best post after 6pm :rolleyes:

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 06:24 AM

LMAO, Buffy! That is hilarious! :D

oracle80
06-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Guys, Hooves and I had an ulterior motive when we posted the picks for sale thread. Was trying to draw out a few folks, and a few reactions.We succeeded, Hooves and I were naughty kids. LOL!!!

irishtrekker
06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Buffy, you RAWK!

Sorry for the delay in joining up. I just came back from my stay in the States and have been jetlagged as hell...

Thunder Gulch
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I mean no trouble by asking this question, please keep this in mind.

Are you willing to pay x amount for info per day/week/month from x source?

What is your limit? $10 a week? $20 a week?

Just curious.

I myself will not partake at the above prices. I'll pay $5 for the DRF and give it a whirl with what I know, which is not much but at times has been enough to score.

I mean no offense to anyone on here, just curious about your thoughts. If the price is right, I'll play.

I pay $3 per card for Brisnet pp's. I've looked at a lot of others such as Thorograph, Sheets, X-tras, and such, but I just haven't had the time to learn how to best use those resources. To answer the question, I'd pay a lot more than I do if I could figure out how to win more with that source.