PDA

View Full Version : Goldikova

CSC
11-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I thought her performance yesterday erased the silly notion that the only reason she won last year's BC Mile was due to the good trip she gave herself, well she also proved she could win from a less than perfect draw and from farther back than usual. Funny how great horses always find a way to the winner's circle.

Travis Stone
11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I never said it was the only reason, but she did have a good trip last year.

This year she was awesome... C-Cat ran his absolute best and she still ran him down. Thumbs-up!

NTamm1215
11-08-2009, 09:42 AM
She ran a very good race yesterday but also had a good trip this year as well. She's a worthy two-time winner.

NT

CSC
11-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I never said it was the only reason, but she did have a good trip last year.

This year she was awesome... C-Cat ran his absolute best and she still ran him down. Thumbs-up!

I wasn't aware of your comments Travis, I just remember after last yrs race of having to explain how good horses give themselves the best possible chance of winning. Yes she got a good trip last year, but to me that was of her own making. It's a god given talent if a horse can cruise close to a hot pace and still have another gear left to draw on, something people just randomly dismissed it as her having fallen into a garden trip and the main reason she won was because of her trip. If anything yesterday just proved last year was not a fluke.

10 pnt move up
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I thought she had maybe the most perfect setup of any race in the BC this year...now she is a great horse and you dont need to give a great horse the perfect setup...

Can anyone tell my why Kent had Whatsthescript on the pace, that horse is a stone cold closer.

Cannon Shell
11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I thought she had a tough set up considering that she usually is a lot closer to the pace. Unbelievable run home. Supposedly they are considering another year of racing with her. She may not quite be Miesque but she is pretty damn close.

freddymo
11-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Not that either would be for sale at any price but who do you deem more valueable as a broodmare Zenyatta or Goldikova.. An astute horse owner who has had success selling mares for 7 figs on several ocassions suggested Zenyatta would fetch 20 mil from Darley in a second. While I have no clue wouldnt that make Goldikova worth 30 mil? lol

Again neither would ever be for sale but its kind of fun dream..

tough day for Smart Strike lol Hope yours turns out half as nice as some of these but really hoping he is twice as good!

Cannon Shell
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Not that either would be for sale at any price but who do you deem more valueable as a broodmare Zenyatta or Goldikova.. An astute horse owner who has had success selling mares for 7 figs on several ocassions suggested Zenyatta would fetch 20 mil from Darley in a second. While I have no clue wouldnt that make Goldikova worth 30 mil? lol

tough day for Smart Strike lol Hope yours turns out half as nice as some of these but really hoping he is twice as good!
Mares like that have no real world value. Actually breeding to Zenyatta may be a little tricky because of her massive size.

NTamm1215
11-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Mares like that have no real world value. Actually breeding to Zenyatta may be a little tricky because of her massive size.

Chuck-

I know it's a tough question to answer but what would your thoughts be on a potential price for Zenyatta as a broodmare? Really, I'm wondering how much more than a Dubai World Cup win it would be.

NT

freddymo
11-08-2009, 01:52 PM

I agree she is a beast on an animal.. I would assume they will get an AP Indy first..

freddymo
11-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Chuck-

I know it's a tough question to answer but what would your thoughts be on a potential price for Zenyatta as a broodmare? Really, I'm wondering how much more than a Dubai World Cup win it would be.

NT

Plenty..

Cannon Shell
11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Chuck-

NT
You really cant price her. Broodmares are so much harder to value at the high end. But what really makes it hard is that her babies wouldnt be for sale if she were bought by Shiekh Mo, who would be the only person crazy and rich enough to make an offer they would even listen to.

freddymo
11-08-2009, 02:09 PM
You really cant price her. Broodmares are so much harder to value at the high end. But what really makes it hard is that her babies wouldnt be for sale if she were bought by Shiekh Mo, who would be the only person crazy and rich enough to make an offer they would even listen to.

If she went to a sale which is fantasyland 10 - 15mil has to be attainable..The guy bought Ashado for crist sake for what 12mil.

Cannon Shell
11-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree she is a beast on an animal.. I would assume they will get an AP Indy first..
Good question. I suppose medaglia D'oro would be a possibility and ironically he would make the foal a the same cross as Racheal Alexandra.

freddymo
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Good question. I suppose medaglia D'oro would be a possibility and ironically he would make the foal a the same cross as Racheal Alexandra.

Minus the Mr P

philcski
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM

He had a BC winner... hardly call that a bad day

freddymo
11-08-2009, 03:16 PM
He had a BC winner... hardly call that a bad day

I was being sarcastic Smart Strike had a huge day

GPK
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I thought she had maybe the most perfect setup of any race in the BC this year...now she is a great horse and you dont need to give a great horse the perfect setup...

Can anyone tell my why Kent had Whatsthescript on the pace, that horse is a stone cold closer.

IMO, I thought both Tapitsfly and Furthest Land had much better set ups.

Gander
11-08-2009, 06:10 PM
How about the set up Fatal Bullet had? I'm sorry, but you have to win with that kind of trip. I thought he was the most disappointing of all the races. Looked like he was in the catbird's seat and you knew Zensational was already done after he didnt make the lead.

GPK
11-08-2009, 06:27 PM
How about the set up Fatal Bullet had? I'm sorry, but you have to win with that kind of trip. I thought he was the most disappointing of all the races. Looked like he was in the catbird's seat and you knew Zensational was already done after he didnt make the lead.

The sprint is probably the last race I should comment on. I used 5 horses in that race and leaned a little bit heavier on Capt Candy Man. Last I saw him, he was crossing the wire about 10 lengths behind Zenyatta

brianwspencer
11-08-2009, 06:28 PM

He was a huge disappointment for me, especially given the great trip he got.

CSC
11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
He was a huge disappointment for me, especially given the great trip he got.

Your first clue should have been I never touted him once this week, considering I banged his drum last yr and always went out of my way of saying good things about him. BTW nice call on Cloudy's Knight he ran a good race and you were right about him.

10 pnt move up
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
IMO, I thought both Tapitsfly and Furthest Land had much better set ups.

Furthest Land did have a good trip, I only caught the stretch of the turf race but if you say so then I dont doubt it.

RolloTomasi
11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Minus the Mr P

Machiavellian is a son of Mr. Prospector.

cakes44
11-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Something was/is amiss with Fatal Bullet. He was trying to get out on the turn already. I'm guessing we don't see him for awhile.