PDA

View Full Version : bc juvy - eddie k

gales0678
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Guys,

Aspire is ready to run a big race here . Look for Eddie K to pull off a shocker at a heafty px , must use in all p3, and exotics at 30/1

randallscott35
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Guys,

Aspire is ready to run a big race here . Look for Eddie K to pull off a shocker at a heafty px , must use in all p3, and exotics at 30/1

Boy I really don't like the way he worked gales. Shut it down quite fast.

gales0678
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Boy I really don't like the way he worked gales. Shut it down quite fast.

not to worry Randall , eddie will have him ready for this one

randallscott35
11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
not to worry Randall , eddie will have him ready for this one

I liked him a lot at Toga, I'm just not sure he's a two turn horse. I do like Eddie K though....I actually think that race is the most wide open race on the card.

gales0678
11-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I liked him a lot at Toga, I'm just not sure he's a two turn horse. I do like Eddie K though....I actually think that race is the most wide open race on the card.

randall please make sure u cover with him on the ticket, eddie says he is ready to roll

randallscott35
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
randall please make sure u cover with him on the ticket, eddie says he is ready to roll

No can do, but like I said I like Eddie personally so I'd be happy for him and you if he won...but he won't be on my ticket.

RockHardTen1985
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM

Gales, is this stone cold info? Me and at least 2 other DT members had him first time out at Toga... I also bet him back in the Grade 1 and he ran well there. I was totally against using him here, I did not want it to be one of those horses I cashed on, so I keep using because of the past....

gales0678
11-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Gales, is this stone cold info? Me and at least 2 other DT members had him first time out at Toga... I also bet him back in the Grade 1 and he ran well there. I was totally against using him here, I did not want it to be one of those horses I cashed on, so I keep using because of the past....

i had stone cold info yesterday on a 1/9 shot at finger lakes and the horse pulled up lame... sometimes the trainers get it wrong......they are all trying in this race , eddie is very high on this horse .....see my previous thread on eddie k from before saratoga

Kasept
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
i had stone cold info yesterday on a 1/9 shot at finger lakes and the horse pulled up lame... sometimes the trainers get it wrong......they are all trying in this race , eddie is very high on this horse .....see my previous thread on eddie k from before saratoga
Marty,

Honestly? Are you serious with this stuff? Or is it a put on? It's comforting to know that 'eddie will have him ready for this one.. It's only a $2,000,000 race after all. You may want to expect that Pletcher, O'Brien, bin Suroor, Meehan, Biancone, Gosden, Baffert, Dutrow, Lewis, McPeek and even Sacco, will likely have their charges "ready for this one" as well.

As it happens, the horse has something appealing going for him.. besides everlovin' eddie. But wouldn't you prefer to have an inkling why the horse may be plausible?

philcski
11-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Guys,

I think he's got a big shot in here. His figures are competitive (6,4,5 TG's) and he had a bunch of trouble in the Champagne, when he finally got clear he definitely had some kick. BEL shippers have traditionally been terrible at SA but at 25-1 I'm willing to find out- not to mention his sire is strong on synthetic.

Marty,

Honestly? Are you serious with this stuff? Or is it a put on? It's comforting to know that 'eddie will have him ready for this one.. It's only a $2,000,000 race after all. You may want to expect that Pletcher, O'Brien, bin Suroor, Meehan, Biancone, Gosden, Baffert, Dutrow, Lewis, McPeek and even Sacco, will likely have their charges "ready for this one" as well.

As it happens, the horse has something appealing going for him.. besides everlovin' eddie. But wouldn't you prefer to have an inkling why the horse may be plausible?

LOL... trainer comments are useless... that being said I think he's got a big shot.

gales0678
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Marty,

please expand steve as to why you think the horse is plausible as i don't have the form in front of me ....i got a phone call tonight and was just sharing some info , as i said i know they are all trying as it is a big race and sometimes trainers get it wrong but eddie has been dead on with this horse from the beginning and i doubt he would be here if the horse was going to run up the track

Scav
11-03-2009, 08:19 PM

I'm ready to roll too, doesn't mean I am going to win!!

gales0678
11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm ready to roll too, doesn't mean I am going to win!!

yeah , i already heard they got a plan to take care of you , and a concert on friday night , no capping?

2/5 you miss the limo on sat and you have to take the bus to the track

Scav
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah , i already heard they got a plan to take care of you , and a concert on friday night , no capping?

2/5 you miss the limo on sat and you have to take the bus to the track

I have a 4 hour plane ride to cap, and the concert is questionable right now, depends on how we are feeling.

Kasept
11-04-2009, 07:12 AM
please expand steve as to why you think the horse is plausible as i don't have the form in front of me ....i got a phone call tonight and was just sharing some info , as i said i know they are all trying as it is a big race and sometimes trainers get it wrong but eddie has been dead on with this horse from the beginning and i doubt he would be here if the horse was going to run up the track
I'm sorry. A phone call like that isn't 'information'. It's a tout that will be repeated with all the other 13 entrants... Patrick Biancone is telling anyone who'll listen to him that Pulsion has a big shot... Brian Meehan told Iavarone that Radiohead needed to go in the Juvenile and not the Juvy Turf because he gets over the synthetic fabulously at his training center and should be tough to beat on the main track... There's another 10 stories like this. So? Who's wrong? Maybe no one. All 14 might run their best races yet and only one is still going to win. It's a $2,000,000 race. Anyone who isn't bringing his colt or gelding into it ready should get out of the game.

Handicap the races and select horses on their merits and price. Blindly betting based on the unending parade of trainer and hanger-on pushes isn't horseplay... All it does is sour people on wagering ultimately. And I particularly don't want that type of 'information' promulgated here. I'm sorry if I appear harsh. There's no shortcuts to winning in this game.

One actual reason why Aspire may be interesting is his sire Tale of the Cat who is having success with progeny on synthetics with a high percentage of Stakes Winners. He's run three similar and solid races and could move forward if the surface is to his liking.

gales0678
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry. A phone call like that isn't 'information'. It's a tout that will be repeated with all the other 13 entrants... Patrick Biancone is telling anyone who'll listen to him that Pulsion has a big shot... Brian Meehan told Iavarone that Radiohead needed to go in the Juvenile and not the Juvy Turf because he gets over the synthetic fabulously at his training center and should be tough to beat on the main track... There's another 10 stories like this. So? Who's wrong? Maybe no one. All 14 might run their best races yet and only one is still going to win. It's a $2,000,000 race. Anyone who isn't bringing his colt or gelding into it ready should get out of the game.

Handicap the races and select horses on their merits and price. Blindly betting based on the unending parade of trainer and hanger-on pushes isn't horseplay... All it does is sour people on wagering ultimately. And I particularly don't want that type of 'information' promulgated here. I'm sorry if I appear harsh. There's no shortcuts to winning in this game.

One actual reason why Aspire may be interesting is his sire Tale of the Cat who is having success with progeny on synthetics with a high percentage of Stakes Winners. He's run three similar and solid races and could move forward if the surface is to his liking.

steve in this race and other big races i agree with you they are all trying and maybe my post was more fluff than handicaping substance.

however , the eddie k post from before saratoga when i posted that he had some good 2 yr olds that were ready to go shows that info from a barn can be good in baby races. it's not like he threw up a total disaster at sartoga , he had some winners from his 2 yr old crop and he had some others that hit the board and filled in some nice ex's and tri's. if someone had just looked at his previous stats with 2 yr olds at sartoga from years before they would have just thrown a lot of his horses out because of his bad stats from prior years which had nothing to do with this year's crop. he felt he had a better hand this year before the meet and that's why i made the original post

Kasept
11-04-2009, 07:51 AM
steve in this race and other big races i agree with you they are all trying and maybe my post was more fluff than handicaping substance.

however , the eddie k post from before saratoga when i posted that he had some good 2 yr olds that were ready to go shows that info from a barn can be good in baby races. it's not like he threw up a total disaster at sartoga , he had some winners from his 2 yr old crop and he had some others that hit the board and filled in some nice ex's and tri's. if someone had just looked at his previous stats with 2 yr olds at sartoga from years before they would have just thrown a lot of his horses out because of his bad stats from prior years which had nothing to do with this year's crop. he felt he had a better hand this year before the meet and that's why i made the original post
Marty,

As I said, I don't mean to come off harshly. The discussion you prompted about the Kenneally 2yo's for Saratoga was general and innocuous. To say "Kenneally will have Aspire really ready for this" as a justification for playing him or not to leave him off multi-race wagers is just silly. And frankly, it sends a poor message to newcomers to the game that the key to success is 'inside information'. Support this horse, or any horse any time, on his relative merits as discernable by the facts presented. Not because you get a call saying he's really ready. They're all going to be really ready.

2Hot4TV
11-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I have a 4 hour plane ride to cap, and the concert is questionable right now, depends on how we are feeling.
Inside info says the concert is a LOCK and the 4 hour plane ride is for sleeping.:D