PDA

View Full Version : What Jockey do you think will have the most BC wins??

robfla
10-29-2009, 10:25 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/108491.html

Breeders' Cup plans to offer a parimutuel bet on which jockey has the most wins in the 14 Breeders' Cup races, scheduled for Nov. 6-7 at Santa Anita Park, the organization announced on Thursday.

Though the field for the wager has yet to be set, the bet will likely have 14 wagering interests, according to Ken Kirchner, the simulcasting consultant for Breeders' Cup. The 14th betting interest will be a field comprising all jockeys that are not named individually, and ties will be treated as a dead heat, Kirchner said. Wagering will open on Nov. 5, after riders have been named.

This is the first time Breeders' Cup has offered a bet on jockeys, though the organization has offered other proposition-type bets in the past, with limited success.

"We think it's important to be able to come up with these types of products to stay competitive," Kirchner said. "The marketplace is going to allow us to move more in this direction in the future."

Also on Thursday, Breeders' Cup announced its official race order, post times for the 14 races, and the wagering menu.

The Friday card will start at 11:15 a.m. Pacific with two allowance races. The first Breeders' Cup race, the Marathon, will go off at 12:35 p.m., and will be followed by the Juvenile Fillies Turf (1:08), the Juvenile Fillies (1:45), the Filly and Mare Turf (2:23), the Filly and Mare Sprint (3:02), and the Ladies' Classic (3:45).

On Saturday, the first Breeders' Cup race, the Juvenile Turf, will go off at 10:45 a.m., followed by the Turf Sprint (11:23), the Sprint (12:10), the Juvenile (12:49), the Mile (1:28), the Dirt Mile (2:12), the Turf (2:57), and the Classic (3:45).

A pick six on the Saturday card will link the Sprint to the Classic and carry a $2 million guarantee, according to Breeders' Cup. A pick six on the Friday card will link the Marathon to the Ladies' Classic and carry a $500,000 purse. If no one correctly selects all six winners on Friday, then 75 percent of the net pool will carry over to Saturday's pick six. Saturday's pick six must be paid out and will not carry over.

A pick four on the Friday card linking the Juvenile Fillies to the Ladies' Classic will have a $500,000 guarantee. An early pick four on Saturday linking the first four Breeders' Cup races on the card, the Juvenile Turf to the Juvenile, will have a $1 million guarantee, and a late pick four linking the Mile to the Classic will have a $1.5 million guarantee.

Breeders' Cup is also offering a super high five on the Ladies' Classic and the Classic. A super high five requires bettors to pick the first five finishers in order. A daily double will also link the Ladies' Classic and the Classic for the first time.

Win, place, show, exacta, trifecta, and superfectas will be offered on all races, along with rolling daily doubles and rolling pick threes. Takeout will be 15.43 percent on all win, place, and show bets, and 20.68 percent on all other wagers.

randallscott35
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
I like it

NTamm1215
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Just to put it in perspective, this was the tally last year:

Gomez 4
Smith 2
Dettori 2
Lezcano
Leparoux
Migliore
Smullen
Peslier
Moore

You'd have to imagine Gomez will be a heavy favorite.

NT

cakes44
10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Gomez is almost always going to have monster BC weekends because of his ability to finish. That ability shows up even more on synthetics.

Cannon Shell
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Jose Espinoza

pweizer
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Can we bet Miguel Mena to lead Keeneland in wins tomorrow instead?

Paul

randallscott35
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Jose Espinoza

I'll take some of that

randallscott35
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Can we bet Miguel Mena to lead Keeneland in wins tomorrow instead?

Paul

You can bet Mena to win a drinking game after the races.

-BT-
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
LA Frank De Torri

-bt-

Gander
10-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Ramon Dominguez.

NTamm1215
10-29-2009, 02:32 PM
None of these might not win multiple races or the most but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosario, Baze, or Maragh pick up their first BC wins.

I'm thinking Leparoux will have a very big two days as well and might put some money on him.

NT

DogsUp
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I am going with Scott Stevens

Cannon Shell
10-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Gene Stevens

RockHardTen1985
10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Gene Stevens

Gomez has to be the chalk here... Both of his Juvy mounts for Baffert look really really strong. Furthest Land "who I really dislike" is a Synthetic freak and hes going to be really tough. Gayego is the next horse behind Zensational. I think Cowboy Cal has a big shot.

Cannon Shell
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Gomez has to be the chalk here... Both of his Juvy mounts for Baffert look really really strong. Furthest Land "who I really dislike" is a Synthetic freak and hes going to be really tough. Gayego is the next horse behind Zensational. I think Cowboy Cal has a big shot.
Gene Stevens is riding many of the Euro shippers.

mclem0822
10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
None of these might not win multiple races or the most but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosario, Baze, or Maragh pick up their first BC wins.

I'm thinking Leparoux will have a very big two days as well and might put some money on him.

NTBesides Go Go, that was the first name that popped in my head. Of course Dettori makes sense as well.

RockHardTen1985
10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Besides Go Go, that was the first name that popped in my head. Of course Dettori makes sense as well.

Hes on Einstein, Forever Together, Informed Decision... Who else that has any chance? Is he keeping the mount on Rainbow View?

philcski
10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Gene Stevens

Gene Simmons

LARHAGE
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
So far Gomez is on Colonel John, Gayego, Lookin at Lucky, Always a Princess, Ventura, Pure Clan, Life is Sweet, Codoy, Midshipman, Telling, Delta Storm and Courageous Cat.

What other jock is even remotely as loaded as him?

RockHardTen1985
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
So far Gomez is on Colonel John, Gayego, Lookin at Lucky, Always a Princess, Ventura, Pure Clan, Life is Sweet, Codoy, Midshipman, Telling, Delta Storm and Courageous Cat.

Lookin at Lucky is a lock.
Always a Princess is the horse to beat, same with Ventura.
Life is Sweet has giant shot with Z going to classic.
Midshipman has big shot.
Courageous Cat might be my crazy bomb of the weekend.

randallscott35
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Lookin at Lucky is a lock? Really? I don't see it.

NTamm1215
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Gene Stevens

Unfortunately I think this name was not quite understood by most people in the thread but it was a dynamite drop-in. Will he be able to wear his purple suit?

I hear Gino is a big fan of superfectas.

NT

RockHardTen1985
10-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Lookin at Lucky is a lock? Really? I don't see it.

Ok maybe hes not a lock, but Im hearing the only horse that can beat him is Todds Giants Causeway.

smuthg
10-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Is he jumping off Visit in the F&M Turf? Isn't Pure Clan firmly in Julian's pocket?

RockHardTen1985
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Is he jumping off Visit in the F&M Turf? Isn't Pure Clan firmly in Julian's pocket?

hell no, hes going to get off Forever Together for plodding nothing?

LARHAGE
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Julien is on Forever Together, and Visit, come on, how many perfect trips without winning can you get? I don't blame him one bit for jumping off her, although I do like her and would love to see her win it, who knows, theres not much pace signed on.

HaloWishingwell
10-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Joy Scott

atolunch
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Mike Smith may be worth a shot, depending what the odds look like.

10 pnt move up
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Mike Smith may be worth a shot, depending what the odds look like.

he is only on a couple right? there are only a couple that have a chance and those are the ones with the most rides.