PDA

View Full Version : Pletcher/Breeders' Cup?

smuthg
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I thought "Team Todd" was banned from this year's Breeders' Cup becuase of Wait A While's positive test after the F&M Turf last year... Did I miss something on this front?

Kasept
10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
That wasn't part of the ruling, no. Standard procaine violation penalties as laid out by California rules. Now that you bring it up though, I can't recall TAP taking the days at any point this year.

parsixfarms
10-22-2009, 04:29 PM
That wasn't part of the ruling, no. Standard procaine violation penalties as laid out by California rules. Now that you bring it up though, I can't recall TAP taking the days at any point this year.

After this incident, didn't the Breeders' Cup put new rules in place to ban the trainer in the event of any medication positive? The new rules for 2008 only covered steroids, so this one slipped through the cracks.

I don't believe the CHRB has ever had a final adjudication/hearing on this one. Talk about dragging it out.

smuthg
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Thanks... I'm pretty sure he hasn't served any days this year.