PDA

View Full Version : Yanks ahead 2-0

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 07:38 PM
after 5 1/2 innings.Halos rarely try to come back when falling behind like that.Almost always lay down,hit it hard at people,and hit balls to the warning track etc.Cabrera hit it back to the mound with 2 guys on.That's the way they do when behind in the game.Act like men when they are leading,and women when they are behind.Gunna have to change that sht soon,or look to next year.

Gander
08-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Red Sox getting crushed by the Tigers. Ouch. Could be 2 games again unless the Angels grow some balls and at least make an effort to hit the Tall Man.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Red Sox getting crushed by the Tigers. Ouch. Could be 2 games again unless the Angels grow some balls and at least make an effort to hit the Tall Man.

Don't count on it.The Halos' wins usually all look the same,and their losses usually look the same.

Gander
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Now that you mention it, I rarely see these guys winning exciting games with walk off home runs, like the Red Sox do at least once a week. What a boring team you have here Scuds. I liked it better when you were sporting Dodger Blue....but I will always like the Angels for knocking the Yankees on their asses 2 times in the last 5 post seasons :p

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Now that you mention it, I rarely see these guys winning exciting games with walk off home runs, like the Red Sox do at least once a week. What a boring team you have here Scuds. I liked it better when you were sporting Dodger Blue....but I will always like the Angels for knocking the Yankees on their asses 2 times in the last 5 post seasons :p

Halos are good,but their offense is a pile on offense.Which means they pile on to the starter's success.If the starter is doing good,they hit.If not,they do like they are doing tonight,and Saturday.

Gander
08-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I am predicting an Angel comeback tonight for the win, and a Red Sox win as well. Angels down 2 runs, Red Sox down 4. Both will win, you watch...

:cool:

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Atleast Lackey has pitched better tonight than he did in his last 2 starts.Texas,and Cleveland lit him up much worse.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I am predicting an Angel comeback tonight for the win, and a Red Sox win as well. Angels down 2 runs, Red Sox down 4. Both will win, you watch...

Just cutting the lead in half like that is National News.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh My God...Christmas...tied the ballgame.Even if the Halos lose,they atleast tried to comeback,and that is new.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 08:40 PM
A Yanks win.It's the A's World.

oracle80
08-14-2006, 08:48 PM

Bad predictions Tim. Posada, see ya!!! Yanks up by two in the bottom of the 8th, bases loaded with no outs. Sox getting pelted in the 8th down by 4 runs. That one game out was as close as you are gonna get the rest of the year.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Looks like playoffs will be:

Yanks

A's

Chisox

Detroit

RSOX,TWINS have low % chances as well.

oracle80
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
7-2 Yanks. Turn out the lights.

oracle80
08-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Yanks

A's

Chisox

Detroit

I have to agree Scuds. I really can't see it any other way.

oracle80
08-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Sox down 3 with one inning to go.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 09:19 PM
You can buy a playoff spot,but you can't buy playoff n world series wins.

GPK
08-14-2006, 09:24 PM
is there still 6 weeks left in the season?

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 09:58 PM
is there still 6 weeks left in the season?

Don't care how many weeks left.Yanks have bought their playoff spot.

GPK
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Don't care how many weeks left.Yanks have bought their playoff spot.

They payed a bundle for it too....

Gander
08-15-2006, 07:59 AM
You guys are completely high to think in 6 weeks, the Red Sox cant outgame the Yankees. They have 9 games head to head.

The only 2 locks I see out of the AL at this point are the Oakland A's and the Chicago White Sox. The Tigers, Red Sox and Yankees will fight for the remaining 2 spots.

oracle80
08-15-2006, 08:03 AM
They payed a bundle for it too....

I really don't see that, I really don't. Jeter is by far the reason the Yanks are where they are. Since he was DRAFTED by the Yankees its not really their fault that he demands a high salary to keep him.
A Rod is an embarassment and a burden to the team. He has over 20 errors and his fielding alone has COST the Yankees more games than his meager batting everage has won. Johnson has been mediocre at best.
Cano and Melky Cabrera(farm system) and key players and dont make all that much. Berniew Williams another farm system guy decades ago has come up huge this year as well. Mariano has been around forever and also came from the farm system. Sheff and Matsui have missed practically the whole year. Guys like Phillips, Guile, Cairo, Green, etc came through when noone thought it was possible(including me) for the Yanks to stay within range when everyone was hurt.
Boston is no stranger to buying players and they said that had Nixon been hurt one day earlier than he was that they would have made a higher offer than the Yanks did for Abreu. That one day cost em.

Gander
08-15-2006, 08:17 AM
This is one thing I happen to agree on with Oracle. I dont think any one or two teams can buy success in baseball. There may not be a heck of a lot of parity right now in baseball but I dont think its always about the salaries.

Yankees have been very good for a very long time and have actually had more success with their lower priced teams like back in the late 90's.

Personally I dont have any problem with George "buying players". More owners should be like him and willing to do whatever it takes to put the best team out there.

If the Yankees win I wont be happy but I also will never whine about their salaries, except of course Giambis who I dont even think should be playing in the game.

dalakhani
08-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Yanks

A's

Chisox

Detroit

what about the twins?

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
what about the twins?

If they had Liriano healthy,then they would have a better shot.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I DO BELIEVE THAT THE YANKS START EACH YEAR WITH A PLAYOFF BERTH BOUGHT.THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS ARE THE ONES I AM TALKING ABOUT.THEY DON'T INSURE PLAYOFF WINS.YOUR SEASON STARTS IN THE 1ST PLAYOFF GAME EACH YEAR.WHEN DID YOU LAST MISS THE POST?

1. Alex Rodriguez 25,680,727 (let's look at this guy more thoroughly..a tough season this year,but carried your team through the regular season last year...do you make the post last year without spending the 25 mil on him? no)

2. Derek Jeter 20,600,000 (fact is that one of the best players in MLB never leaves you like Arod did the Mariners,and Texas....Yes,he is homegrown,but only keepable because you're able to spend 215 mil a year...(Vlade was homegrown too,but Washington ain't got him.)

3. Jason Giambi 20,428,571(where would you be without this hi- priced juice whore?........that's all about buying a playoff ticket.)

4. Mike Mussina 19,000,000(solid ..paid for..not at all homegrown...where would you be without buying this one??)

5. Randy Johnson 15,661,427 (Not as consistent as he was ,but a solid part of your rotation bought for 15.6)

6. Bobby Abreu 13,600,000 (Daddy's extra little toy for 13.6)

7. Johnny Damon 13,000,000 (Big time sell-out whore..........even shaved,and cut his hair when Daddy said he must.)

11. Mariano Rivera 10,500,000(Unlike a lot of teams..you get to keep your closer of the century...Something way wrong about him getting less than Damon,and Posada-12mil.)

That's over 138 million for 8 players.I think the most any other team's whole salary is 120 million.This is why I say your ticket to the post is bought.It guarantees a spot in the post(it guarantees you nothing else...so,I think your time to talk about wins should come in the post.)..You have 92-100 regular season wins bought before the season begins.So ,it is odd you talk about them as if they are incredible(they aren't incredible wins...you bought them already.)If Gander thinks the Yanks will possibly miss the post,then he has had one too many at the Funnel Cake Carnival at IHOP.

Gander
08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Thats hilarious Scuds. Best post ever on here...

hi- priced juice whore
Big time sell-out whore..........even shaved,and cut his hair when Daddy said he must.)

No I dont think they make the playoffs this year, but I wouldnt say it would shock me if they did. If they do make it they wont be able to beat the White Sox in a 5 or 7 game series. No can do says Mister Magoo.

PS- What kind of sh-it does Juice Box put in his hair to make it slick back and stay like that, no matter what the temp is?

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 03:03 PM
"Keepable," and "ain't got him" ............Just seems that butchering the language comes naturally to me.

oracle80
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Tim you are really losing it and speaking with your heart and not your head. "Outgame"? This isn't a horserace Tim. The Yankees are clearly the better team and have an easier schedule coming down the stretch. Boston had months to open up a lead when the Yanks were playing with jokes of replacement players. Cano is back(who told you that was the key guy?) and the Yankees simply have more of everything that the Bosox have. No way in hell does Boston beat them. I'm always very objective about things and I simply see no way in looking at both teams that Boston could ever finish ahead of the Yanks this year. By the way, Schilling is "stick in a fork with me" done. Royals had NINE DOUBLES against him in his last game!! ROYALS!! NINE DOUBLES!! He was throwing mother******* batting practice out there to the worst team in baseball. That "game" bull**** only goes so far. This won't eve be close at the end, Yanks win that division by many open lengths.

Gander
08-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, I lost it some time ago Mike :p

gales0678
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
tim - boston is a cut below right now

i don't know if they can re-group

Gander
08-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I would agree there not as good as NY right now. But I still think they pull it together and outgame the Yanks. White Sox are way better than both. They'll beat up either team like a ragdoll.

gales0678
08-15-2006, 08:18 PM
white sox pitching not what it was like last year - they are beatable - IF they even make it

Gander
08-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Its the same as last years. They went through a similar slump last year and got it together when it mattered.

gales0678
08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Detroit looks to me like a hugrier team. If the Sox get in , i don't think they reapeat - just a gut feeling

Gander
08-15-2006, 08:44 PM
White Sox 8-3 against Detroit this year.