PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers

Gander
08-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Nice win yesterday over that very easy to dislike SF Giant team.
15 wins out of 16. Maybe they're the team of destiny this year.
Winning the world series would sure be a feather in the cap of Greg Maddux.
Derek Lowe would be so drunk, he'd forget the next day.

ceejay
08-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Winning the world series .
http://www28.pinnaclesports.com/guestcontestLines.asp?redirected=yes&ContestType=MLB%20Futures&contestType2=001*Odds%20to%20win%202006%20World%20 Series
17-1 at pinnacle today down from 21-1 this morning. I make the fair odds at 24-1: 66% of winning west*45% of winning DCS (Cards?)*40% of winning LCS (Mets?)*35% of beating AL.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I couldn't tell ya.They have gotten rid of some bums(Cruz,Ledee,Odalis Perez="Cancer severe," Baez,)and moved some other questionable guys (Tomko,Sele) into the bulley.Broxton wasn't this good before this win streak started.Now he throws it by some guys.That will have to remain the case.I would be thrilled if they swept a series with the f'n Padres.If they swept a series in Petfood Park it would almost be as good as winning the World Series.There is some unfinished business with San Diego.Beat that F'n Cameron 3 straight,and that will heal some wounds.Saito doesn't trust his fastball right now.Needs to have all his pitches working,or he is gunna get hit.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Would be great if they can win tonight.This is a spot that the Dodgers would have usually bounced(big sweep over hated Frisco,and now facing a pssd off Fish team that got swept last weekend by the Dodgers.)Bounce city.

Gander
08-14-2006, 07:41 PM
You'd be having fun if you were still a fan like 2 seasons ago. Maybe you should have bet them to win the National League Pennant rather than the Angels win the AL West. I think they have a great chance of doing that, once they make the playoffs, they are strictly the team to beat in the NL, unless the Astros make it, then they are.

In my opinion, Dodgers making the world series is a better chance happening than the Angels winning the AL West.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
You'd be having fun if you were still a fan like 2 seasons ago. Maybe you should have bet them to win the National League Pennant rather than the Angels win the AL West. I think they have a great chance of doing that, once they make the playoffs, they are strictly the team to beat in the NL, unless the Astros make it, then they are.

In my opinion, Dodgers making the world series is a better chance happening than the Angels winning the AL West.

I answered this last week,but keep doing it if it makes ya feel good.

Gander
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Only busting your nuts, I hope both teams make the playoffs. You think I want the A's to win? Not likely I will ever root for a team who brought Juice Box Giambi into the game and layed down against the Yankees in the playoffs for so many years. Go Angels and Go Dodgers.

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Dodger win again! This is getting to be fun again. Lowe settling down now, and the West is beating each other up while the Dodgers quietly pull away. Gander: are you still down on Giambi after all he's been thru?? Did steriods...got crazy sick...came all the way back!! Dude...props to him...he coulda walked...

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 02:11 AM
"...all he's been thru""

??????????? What???? He cheated,and got found out.What ever he has been through is because he is a cheat to begin with.I don't get people that feel sorry for a cheat like him.I don't know why somebody would bring up the fact that he used steroids,but maybe they don't like the fact that he took stuff to cheat with.Maybe they don't like cheats,and are still pssd at him.I just know that there is no reason to feel sorry for him.

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Scudsie: there there..I was just saying that in this society...that wasn't cheating..it was gamesmanship or brinksmanship..but he broke no baseball rules! What he is doing now is pure baseball and skill. At least he didn't PUNK OUT like Big Mac...who turned into MCGriddle. He didn't get found out...He testified..let's not split hairs...I have few left! I think its' fashionable to bash those steriod bullies...while the rest of the drugs in sports have free rein. Giambi got alot of heat, and was fortunate that the Yankees in front office and in dugout supported him.

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Scuds: are you taking a break from the horses for awhile? I don't think I've seen you talk about your plays for weeks

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 02:57 AM
Scudsie: there there..I was just saying that in this society...that wasn't cheating..it was gamesmanship or brinksmanship..but he broke no baseball rules! What he is doing now is pure baseball and skill. At least he didn't PUNK OUT like Big Mac...who turned into MCGriddle. He didn't get found out...He testified..let's not split hairs...I have few left! I think its' fashionable to bash those steriod bullies...while the rest of the drugs in sports have free rein. Giambi got alot of heat, and was fortunate that the Yankees in front office and in dugout supported him.

No way I will ever agree that it wasn't cheating.Gamesmanship? Wow, sell that to some fool.Scud ain't buying that load.People who work hard, and teach their kids the same,don't appreciate it when somebody cheats.Giambi is not even 10% the jerk that Bonds is.So, I don't agree with bringing up his past all the time,but I don't feel sorry for a cheat( like you do...we just don't agree about that.)

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 03:24 AM
I never said I felt sorry for Giambi....but what he did will only be a blip in his career. And you take license, as usual, by inferring that I condone cheating at any level. Read the rest of the post...you didn't get past the first line!

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Scuds: are you taking a break from the horses for awhile? I don't think I've seen you talk about your plays for weeks

Well,I am not the horseracing addict that many thought,huh?? A little more control than many thought I had?? Well,Del Mar had 5 favorites(or co-favorites)today,and another one lost by a neck.I am not interested in that.I am not interested in watching Espinoza bring in chalk all day.Too many races which appear open,but chalk comes right in.I am not interested in playing Saratoga. I might start getting interested toward the end of these meets.For the most part,too often they hoot n' holler about some stakes,and bring in the heavy chalk,or unpredictable flukes. Just too many races that high volume trainers have total control over at very sht odds.I really feel like every single thing seems set up to make these trainers a buck,and not nearly enough is done to make sure the races are competive enough for fans to enjoy.That's the story,sir.

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 03:44 AM
Never thought you were excessive in your gambling..to the contrary..you always mentioned money management, like last week,maybe when you said to someone that when you hit a big score, you immediately took out and continued to play with original stake. Wish I'd done the same recently...

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 04:21 AM
I never said I felt sorry for Giambi....but what he did will only be a blip in his career. And you take license, as usual, by inferring that I condone cheating at any level. Read the rest of the post...you didn't get past the first line!

What you do is tell us he isn't as bad as somebody else,or what he did wasn't technically that wrong etc.Then,you say you don't condone it.Either it is wrong,and cheating,or it isn't.I find something that causes Liver Tumors (and heart problems )to be something one should be ashamed of having taken.Lyle Alzado died from a brain tumor caused by this crap.If it doesn't bother you that it is cheating,then maybe it should bother you that somebody is risking getting tumors.Seems you think people are playa-hating,but some people just really don't like the damage that steroids do.I do not think it is simply a blip on his career.Most of these guys know this stuff causes tumors,but are just selfish cheats.They take it anyways.If Rose isn't allowed into the Hall,then I sure don't want these steroid takers in there either.For one thing,his career was over when he bet baseball.These guys cheated while playing.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Never thought you were excessive in your gambling..to the contrary..you always mentioned money management, like last week,maybe when you said to someone that when you hit a big score, you immediately took out and continued to play with original stake. Wish I'd done the same recently...

You will(go back quicker to your original stake.) Takes most folks quite a while to know what to expect while betting.The longer you bet the horses,the more realistic your expectations will be(especially after you win.)

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Scuds: you're all over the map on this..you got answers to subjects that weren't even brought up! One by one...I said in this society(which is rampant with cheats) attention is brought upon the steriod era now. I'm not talking about medical things ...it was not in the scope of the discussion. Rose should be in the HOF as a player only and should still be banned from the sport,but that wasn't the topic. Let's just watch the games and enjoy the sport,OK?

Gander
08-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Cry me a river for poor Jason Giambi. Gimmee a break. Hes a skumbag. Biggest fraud whos played the game since his buddy Mark Mcgwire. He cheated plain and simple and going further he lied to all his believing fans.

All he went through. Please, I am eating my breakfast. Dont make me sick.

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Gander: you're a drama queen! Read my subsequent posts...take deep breaths..analize what is before you....Giambi confessed.....Giambi got crazy sick...Giambi is playing pure baseball now, when he could have folded and gone home, and he took all the scorn and ridicule from the fans and media(with the support of Yankees and players) and now he's competing. Isn't that what sports is all about? All the bitterness isn't hurting Giambi!

timmgirvan
08-15-2006, 08:10 PM
BIG LETTERS MEAN 'DRAMA' I don't think that was the problem...and no doctor or health organization has said anything either way. I don't necessarily like Giambi...he was 1 yr ahead of my son and his family thought they were royalty...I just think he took steriods, confessed, wasnt suspended by Baseball, got sick with something viral, got healthy and is now competing purely on skill and determination. A big clue is that his teammates SUPPORT him. Like the guy said...Sports is the toy dept in the Store of Life!

Gander
08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
He confessed because he had to. It was in his best interest for his career to confess. If he could have continued the deciet he would have forever. Hes a selfish cheating fraud who lied to teammates and adoring fans. You can think what you want. I am done with this discussion.

gales0678
08-15-2006, 08:53 PM
gander - when i worked at ubs in midtown - i sat in the corporate box 2/3 times a year - right behind 1st base

only a fool would think Jason wasn't on something - his head was the size of a watermellon and his arms were bigger than my thighs

he was one player in a juiced up league - why bash ony Jason - why not hammer Bonds Sosa McGuire Palmerio - I know you are a red dox fan but come on - i don't mind you ripping him, but , hammer the others as well - don't crucify him becuase he is on the yankees now and those other are not

As a Yankee fan - I am disappointed about the juice - Who knows if Maris record would have stood ? Babe may stil be in second? Baseball sold out totheir fans - Selig was gutless and Joe Morgan never ever went after Barry Bonds on ESPN or when doing giant games , but , yet he burys Pete Rose for gambling - Joe had to be consistent - either bury both of them or stay behind both of them

SCUDSBROTHER
08-15-2006, 09:57 PM
gander - when i worked at ubs in midtown - i sat in the corporate box 2/3 times a year - right behind 1st base

only a fool would think Jason wasn't on something - his head was the size of a watermellon and his arms were bigger than my thighs

he was one player in a juiced up league - why bash ony Jason - why not hammer Bonds Sosa McGuire Palmerio - I know you are a red dox fan but come on - i don't mind you ripping him, but , hammer the others as well - don't crucify him becuase he is on the yankees now and those other are not

As a Yankee fan - I am disappointed about the juice - Who knows if Maris record would have stood ? Babe may stil be in second? Baseball sold out totheir fans - Selig was gutless and Joe Morgan never ever went after Barry Bonds on ESPN or when doing giant games , but , yet he burys Pete Rose for gambling - Joe had to be consistent - either bury both of them or stay behind both of them

JOE MORGAN=most biased I have ever heard on a national broadcast.

Gander
08-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Gales- I dont have anything good to say about any of the players you named. I hate Mcgwire as much. Hes a liar just like Giambi. So is Palmeiro. Bonds is just repulsive and Sosa just doesnt even matter. I guess the reason I bash Giambi the most is because hes the most visible. I'm glad the Red Sox dont have anyone on their team with his character. Win or lose, I love our bunch of guys.