PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 8/13

SCUDSBROTHER
08-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I just heard something funny.ON MLB.COM I can see most games.Joe Garagiola is doing the commentary for the Diamondbacks.Must be 80.

Maddux versus Schmidt at 8 Eastern on Espn tonight.

Still can't believe how wet the Yanks ground crew got that infield for their sinkerballer Wong.In the 1st inning the Halo player went to slide into 2nd,and found he was sliding around in a swamp.LOL...Weaver pitched much better today.Probably the best I've seen him pitch.Being 4 1/2 back(and faced with being 5 1/2 back,)will make a guy motivated.Better get Lackey to change his ways,and come correct tomorrow night(or they are going 5 1/2 back.)A's getting every little break you could imagine.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Schmidt 1 hit'n the Dodgers.I've seen this only too much from this guy at this stadium.I'll predict Ethier(2 strike outs) finds a way to get a hit to keep his consecutive game hit streak alive.Will be tough.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Tough night for Andre.Hit'n Streak ends.Schmidt was too tough,but I wish he had taken some more pitches from Stanton.Very happy for Russel Martin and his family.He and his father are very close,and they are living the dream.

http://www.ndgbaseball.org/russell_martin/latimes_04062005.htm

GPK
08-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Maddux...68 pitches in 8 innings....thats right solid there.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Maddux...68 pitches in 8 innings....thats right solid there.

Believe me,the way that Schmidt was pitching,Maddux pitching a gem was the only way the Dodgers were getting a victory tonight.2 pitchers put on a great show.Too bad Maddux didn't get the win,but I think he just wanted to get the team a win.I really think a lot of these guys have raised the level of their play out of respect for the future Hall of Famer(especially the pitchers.)Killed Joe Morgan when Martin went deep to end it."Well(slightly disgusted,)these are the things that happen when you're on a winning streak...a hanging breaking ball" LOL...Guy is such a Bay Area homer,but ESPN keeps using him.The play by play guy(Miller) is the Giants T.V. Announcer(I think,) but he is a pro,and doesn't let his bias in like Joe does.

timmgirvan
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Tough night for Andre.Hit'n Streak ends.Schmidt was too tough,but I wish he had taken some more pitches from Stanton.Very happy for Russel Martin and his family.He and his father are very close,and they are living the dream.

http://www.ndgbaseball.org/russell_martin/latimes_04062005.htm
Scuds: thanks for the great story...I believe I've noticed a soft spot in that heart of yours lately! I agree also that this team has picked up their game since Maddox and group have joined team, and Ethier is sensational..just hoping he can stay healthy(remember Jason Werth?)

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Timm, you would not like to know the injuries that I hope for each and every day for Milton Bradley,Frank Thomas,Swisher,Payton,Haren,ZITO,Blanton,Street,Lo aiza,Kendall,Ducherer...oops that is almost half the A's team isn't it? LOL ...That is awful....Atleast I don't ask God for it..

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Forgot KIKO CALERO,and Chavez(if the Halos had played the A's on Sunday,they would have only scored 3 runs tops,cuz Chavez would have stopped all 3 chances that EROD either blew or didn't get a glove on......)I wouldn't recommend watching the A's much(unless you are a fan)They are defensively as frustrating to teams as the Cincy Reds of the '70s.They may be the best defensive team I have ever seen.No,not maybe.They are the best defensive team I have ever seen play.They simply suck the heart out of a team's chest,and then have choreographed celebratory dance moves.All this while their fans wave huge green flags(back n' forth) over the outfield fence the whole time the game is on(haven't figured out what that is all about.)And of course, there are like 5 or 6 people pounding drums all game long.Every form of psychological terror that they can muster is used repeatedly.

timmgirvan
08-14-2006, 05:45 AM
All I can say is that it is going to be a great 7 weeks in the run to the playoffs! The Cards are folding like a cheap tent and the Mets pitching might not hold up during a short playoff series. or did they make everything 7 games?

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 06:02 AM
As far as Russel Martin goes,they were worried about whether he was big enough to play in pro ball,and he said "What are you talkin' about? I can play." That's the confidence he has.This was his 1st big league walk off home run(and he does it on National T.V. breaking a scoreless tie,)but as he approached home plate he tossed that helmet off like he had done it 25 times before.Ethier doesn't take long to adapt.He may have been pressing some because it was a big Sunday Night game,but I think he will be more poised in the next hi-profile game.

GPK
08-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Timm, you would not like to know the injuries that I hope for each and every day for Milton Bradley,Frank Thomas,Swisher,Payton,Haren,ZITO,Blanton,Street,Lo aiza,Kendall,Ducherer...oops that is almost half the A's team isn't it? LOL ...That is awful....Atleast I don't ask God for it..

LOL...if you were Islamic, you could do that though....:eek:

SCUDSBROTHER
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
LOL...if you were Islamic, you could do that though....:eek:

If I was Islamic I could do just about anything I wanted to do(to a nonbeliever.)You're talkin' bout a religion that has a prophet who himself killed people for being nonbelievers.LOL..The Religion of Peace.