PDA

View Full Version : Sundays early DD Mountaineer

Byebyemermaid
08-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Looked at the 1st 2 races today and the 1st race is a horror and the 2nd race you're never sure if they're staying on the turf.In the opener i used the 2 and 6.The 2nd race which i bet hoping they'll be running on the grass i used the 5,8 and 10.The bet 2,6/5,8,10 and then an extra push on 2,6/8.10.Good luck.

IrishofNDMan
08-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna give the double a try at the mountain tonight.

In the 1st race I'm gonna use the 2, 7, and 9 and in the 2nd race I'm gonna go with the 8 and 10.

Good Luck!

O and in the 4th race let's get the 7 direct dial on top.

stevepopyak
08-13-2006, 06:08 PM
16-1 shot on #6 in the first, looked great .... What did you like about him? I used him only on your advice.

GPK
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
truly amazing....a 6-1ML on a 5/2 ML returns $124....great job again Mark. Hope you hammered it.

GPK
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna give the double a try at the mountain tonight.

In the 1st race I'm gonna use the 2, 7, and 9 and in the 2nd race I'm gonna go with the 8 and 10.

Good Luck!

O and in the 4th race let's get the 7 direct dial on top.

just a little note....ALWAYS listen to Mermaid for DD at the Mountain....his record there is unreal.

Byebyemermaid
08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
16-1 shot on #6 in the first, looked great .... What did you like about him? I used him only on your advice.
Steve i hope you hit the double also.First thing was the race was an absolute horror as i said.This horse was dropping down a ton and had showed speed in 2 of the races,in a race that had no legitimate speed.Huber-Villa Gomez was on and i know you've read my other posts and he's as hot as could be.The most important thing was the horse had 2 workouts recently,both of 4 furlongs in 50 and change breezing.For a horse that is racing in a 5k maiden to have 2 workouts in 3 weeks at Mountaineer park tells me the trainer means business.If i would have known the 2nd race was taken off the turf i wouldn't have used the 10 in the 2nd and had the double for $8 instead of $6,but i'll never complain about hitting a double like that.I will look at the late double and post later.Take care.

stevepopyak
08-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Yep, I had it for $4. Thanks for the insight, I've really grown to enjoy betting these early and late doubles down there. Never used to play the doubles at the Mountain until you started posting your picks, no reason just would always play exactas down there ... usually played the multi-race wagers on the bigger tracks in the afternoon. Keep 'em coming. I'm due to make a visit down to "Wild and Wonderful" Chester, WV to watch 'em live, I don't live that far out of Pittsburgh so it's not that bad of a trip. Later.

sp

Byebyemermaid
08-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Yep, I had it for $4. Thanks for the insight, I've really grown to enjoy betting these early and late doubles down there. Never used to play the doubles at the Mountain until you started posting your picks, no reason just would always play exactas down there ... usually played the multi-race wagers on the bigger tracks in the afternoon. Keep 'em coming. I'm due to make a visit down to "Wild and Wonderful" Chester, WV to watch 'em live, I don't live that far out of Pittsburgh so it's not that bad of a trip. Later.

sp
I'm a born and raised proud New Yorker but have found out that it's best to stay away from NY racing.Before i was married being in sales i was there at least 5 days a week.Well now that i think of it that's all the days they race.If you would have said too me that i would find success betting a small track in West Virginia i would of said your nuts.I'm going to invest $30 dollars in the late double and bet 8/1,3,4,6,7,9.The reason i'm singling the 8 is because despite the fact she hasn't raced in a while her race on the 14th of May in 2005 tells me she's the fastest out of the gate having gone 21.4 her first quarter in a race they went 110.4.Murphy had been riding 2 other horses in the race but decided to take this mount.He rode he before and of her 2 wins one of them was at Mountaineer.The outside has been good there lately and the fact that she has post 8 is what i like.The 3 shows a big win 2 starts back but i think that was aided by an off track since both her wins were on the off going.whatever happens i've invested $60 at Mountaineer tonight and will show a profit of $315.The majority of the people on this board will never complain about that.Good luck.

pgardn
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm a born and raised proud New Yorker but have found out that it's best to stay away from NY racing.Before i was married being in sales i was there at least 5 days a week.Well now that i think of it that's all the days they race.If you would have said too me that i would find success betting a small track in West Virginia i would of said your nuts.I'm going to invest $30 dollars in the late double and bet 8/1,3,4,6,7,9.The reason i'm singling the 8 is because despite the fact she hasn't raced in a while her race on the 14th of May in 2005 tells me she's the fastest out of the gate having gone 21.4 her first quarter in a race they went 110.4.Murphy had been riding 2 other horses in the race but decided to take this mount.He rode he before and of her 2 wins one of them was at Mountaineer.The outside has been good there lately and the fact that she has post 8 is what i like.The 3 shows a big win 2 starts back but i think that was aided by an off track since both her wins were on the off going.whatever happens i've invested $60 at Mountaineer tonight and will show a profit of $315.The majority of the people on this board will never complain about that.Good luck.

As I stated before if you have the patience to learn one track and know the trainers, jocks and horses... You can pull some good winners out. Mark put me on one in the 9th race a while back that made so much sense after he pointed it out. Its good to have people that have the discipline not to go wild and know the subtleties of a track. Good job. The Mountain is so diff. from my home track I completely have to change my ways of looking at races.

Maybe if Retama gets on your TVG/phone list I can pop you on to a few and anyone else who wants to play some really awful horses at a 3rd rate track. It's still the same currency. BTW Mark, Pish and Asmussen will bring horses to Retama, Asmussen under his assistants name. Pish will have 60 horses and Roman Chapa is back so I am going to wait a bit and see how things start settling out before I start throwing around more cash. Inevitably if Pish uses Chapa and they get on a roll it creates great opportunity. People just bet on the names and not the horses. Could be good.

GPK
08-13-2006, 08:37 PM
As I stated before if you have the patience to learn one track and know the trainers, jocks and horses... You can pull some good winners out. Mark put me on one in the 9th race a while back that made so much sense after he pointed it out. Its good to have people that have the discipline not to go wild and know the subtleties of a track. Good job. The Mountain is so diff. from my home track I completely have to change my ways of looking at races.

Maybe if Retama gets on your TVG/phone list I can pop you on to a few and anyone else who wants to play some really awful horses at a 3rd rate track. It's still the same currency. BTW Mark, Pish and Asmussen will bring horses to Retama, Asmussen under his assistants name. Pish will have 60 horses and Roman Chapa is back so I am going to wait a bit and see how things start settling out before I start throwing around more cash. Inevitably if Pish uses Chapa and they get on a roll it creates great opportunity. People just bet on the names and not the horses. Could be good.

Pat...thats why I say they need to run Tampa Bay year around so that I can quit my day job.

pgardn
08-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Pat...thats why I say they need to run Tampa Bay year around so that I can quit my day job.

Kev I got Marks phone. If you want to exchange I will try and put you on something if the moment arises after this meet gets underway. It gives one a weird sense of pleasure to put others on an opportunity. I know hardcore guys would say this is stupid... but what ya gonna do.

GPK
08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Kev I got Marks phone. If you want to exchange I will try and put you on something if the moment arises after this meet gets underway. It gives one a weird sense of pleasure to put others on an opportunity. I know hardcore guys would say this is stupid... but what ya gonna do.

Pat...Mark has my number and you are more than welcome to get it from him.