PDA

View Full Version : SAT 8/12 - Million Day & Nat'l PK 4

Bogey
08-12-2006, 08:28 AM
We start the Million Day with 419 units on the good side. It should be an incredible day of racing. I'm actually having breakfast and can't wait to head for Arlington Park this morning.

Arlington Park - Race 3

#10 Sassy - Daughther of Indian Charlie makes her 2nd start for Washington Park winner connections (Suave). She showed speed in her debut before bleeding. She still managed to finish 3rd as the fav. This is argubly my favorite angle - Showed speed in debut before tiring and then comes back with lasix for the 2nd start. ML 9-2

The Play - 50 units to win

Race 8 - Beverly D G1

#1 Gorella - She's been more than respectable versus the males and is the one to beat. The stretchout should only help her turn of foot. Logical

#10 Rich in Spirit - Knows how the find the winner's circle, but would need to step it up to take her picture here.

#11 Film Maker - Ultra consistent 6yr old mare for Motion. She brings it every time out and you can bet she'll be coming late again.

#7 Live Life (Fr) - Drysdale knows that the french filly probably didn't care to much for the hard turf courses in Cali and should enjoy the AP much better.

The Play - 1 unit Tri Box - 1 7 10 11 = 24 units

Race 9 - Arlington Million G1

#5 Soldier Hollow (GB) - Euro invader comes in for leading German trainer Schiergen. Douglas picks up the mount. It's know secret that the Euros do very well in this race and he's seems to fit the mold. I expect a huge effort.

#3 Ace (Ire) - O'Brien sends him out without Fallon. Gomez is a nice replacement. Like Powerscourt, ('05 Million winner) it seems that he does his best running on this side of the pond.

#8 Better Talk Now - Makes his 3rd start in the Million and just when you think the 7yr Gelding is washed up, he's surprise you with a big one. He made a premature move in last year's running that cost him any chance.

#11 English Channel - The wide post should hinder his chances because he likes to be forwardly placed and Johnny V will have to rush him up pretty quick to get a good position going into the first turn. I'm a big fan and if he can pull this one out, I will never question him again. Sorry GPK.

The Play - 1 Tri Box 3 5 8 11 = 24 units

Race 11 - Secretariat G1

#1 Showing Up - Only one lost in his career in which he was part of a hot pace in the Derby and still managed to finish a respectable 6th. He had no problems on the lawn and has a ton of heart. It's going to take an outstanding effort to deny him here. Chalky, but the rest are running for 2nd place money.

#3 Go Between - Va Derby G2 winner should be the one to challenge Showing Up, but must make another huge step up if that was to happen.

#2 Proudinsky (Ger) - Remember what I said about the Euros? Made an impressive late run in the Arlington Classic and the extra real estate should only help his cause.

#4 Primary - 2 for 2 at the distance and has a Group 3 win under his belt.

The Play - 20 units Cold Exacta 1 3 - 10 units Cold Exactas 1 with 2 4 = 40 units

NTRA National Pick 4

Saratoga - Race 7 Vanderbilt G2

#3 Afrashad - Has been freakish in his brief career. The Godolphin runner came out of his stall at Monmouth Park like he was shot out of cannon. I thought the starting gate was malfunctioning because he was out of the gate so fast. Interesting to see if anyone can catch him.

#5 War Front - Is in career best form and could nail Afrahad if he slows down.

#2 Mass Media - More than capable on his best.

Arlington Park - Race 8 - Beverly D G1

1 7 10 11 - see above for analysis

Saratoga - Race 9 - Sword Dancer G1

#2 Relaxed Gesture (Ire) - Sticks out like a sore thumb versus these. Sources tell me that he had a bit of a sore foot going into the United Nations. Anyone wanting to save a little on the PK 4 can single him here.

#4 Go Deputy - Pletcher runner has had a super year and could make his presence felt turning for home.

Arlington Park - Race 9 - Arlington Million G1

3 5 8 - see above analysis

The Play - Nat'l PK 4 - 2 3 5 with 1 7 10 11 with 2 4 with 3 5 8 = 72 units

Happy Million Day - Total wagered 210 units, which leaves 219 units in the account. I'm off for AP. Enjoy a super day of racing.

Good Racing Luck