PDA

View Full Version : Beverly D

Gander
08-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Rich in Spirit-Needs only a bit of an improvement for a chance at all the marbles in here at what promises to be a huge overlay. The Thomas Proctor 4 year old filly is ultra consistent and comes off a nice tightener where she won under a hand ride yet was wide in the stretch. Guidry fits this horse to a tee with 2 firsts and 2 seconds when riding him in 4 races. Also sports a win in her only appearance at Arlington. Good race to take a shot with a price in and this girl makes a lot of sense.

Film Maker-Daughter of Dynaforma is razor sharp coming into this off a romp at Colonial Downs. Motion has mapped out a light campaign for this 6 year old mare which promises to get her to the BC F&M Turf freah and fit. Draws an unfavorable far outside post and has been prone to tough trips. Seems to run short in the big races, never run at Arlington, bad post, short price, 0 for 4 at the distance are reasons I will try and beat her on top. Still the horse to deny.

Gorella-Needs no introduction. Likely favorite breaks from the rail with the hot Leparoux, who handled her beautifully in her last just getting up. Biancone is high on his charge and will be coming like a freight train. Her kick may not be as flattered with the extra distance but likely to hit the board.

:D

Gander
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes. I will be using her in picks. Going to just not even think about the Secretariat and only use Showing Up... :eek:

Scurlogue Champ
08-12-2006, 05:16 AM
Beverly D: Rising Cross

This filly has ran big races against the best filly in the world right now in Alexandrova.

Remember when Ouija Board came over here and dusted our females at Lone Star, Alexandrova could do that tomorrow without breaking a sweat. I think the form holds up here and Rising Cross beats Gorella and Film Maker to the wire....

Arlington Million: Phoenix Reach

he will win this race, EC and Cacique battling for third with Ace in second.

Secretariat: Primary

Showing up has only had one race on the grass and shouldn't be as much of a favorite as he is here. Primary has looked well in Europe, and the company he has kept puts him in front of these by 3+ lengths.

Primary...Go Between...Ivan Denisovich..

miraja2
08-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I agree about Film Maker and Rich in Spirit, but I really like Honey Ryder too. She has won 6 out of her last seven and the only time she did not win was when they shotened her up to 8.5f, and she just didn't have enough real estate. In races run beyond 9f she has won 6 in a row including a G1 when she rallied from 11th to win.
Love her chances here.

Exacta Box 6-11 (Honey Ryder & Film Maker) is my favorite play here, but I think putting those on top of the Proctor horse in a tri is a good play too.